Media SFA Ask Me Anything: Future Admin Edition feat. Filth, Juggs and RU_ - officially endorsed by oleg.

Who do you think should be the next admin?

• The Filth Wizard

• RU_

• Juggalo Balla

• Quivorir

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Juggalo Balla RU_ The Filth Wizard Quivorir fumbler & unknown candidates

- A question about league activity. This past week the Bandits and Hawks each had 6 players contribute in the match thread and the Royals 7 (The Hawks only totalled 25 posts before the match started ) Compare this to the average of other teams which was 11 1/2 these figures would appear to be low or at 'inactive flogs' level. Does this concern you and, if so, what would you do to improve those numbers. If this doesn't concern you, why not?

- Some teams have players on their roster who are no longer active on BigFooty or have not been for a long time. Should teams have BigFooty active posters as a bare minimum?

- A lot of you have mentioned bringing back the 'fun', how do you plan to do this.

- Boxers of briefs?

- What is love?

I'm not concerned by those posting figures. It's three clubs we know are struggling a little with numbers. The question is who is making the posts. The senior heads? The rookies? I've got no interest in reading through them. Maybe they've perfected the quality versus quantity debate. The Hawks figures are diabolical though... I'd be piggy backing Hawthorn.s likely premiership buzz and grabbing some of their posters.

Regardless, I've noticed a phenomenon in my time here in teams starting to knock off a bit during the half way/latter stages of the season. We don't have byes, I guess some are taking their own. Again though, I don't see it as cause for concern.

I also don't see any reason with teams padding out their list with inactives. We would have half the teams playing if we were ruthless on this. They are inevitably the first ones delisted when new players come in. Sometimes it works, this season the Dragons have had Catatonic Shock, Gibbsy and HARPSichord reappear in our match threads and I don't think any of these posted last season. Keeping your better posters listed enables them to ease in and out at their leisure depending on their real life circumstances. I know Gee Dub and Noobz0r for example are busier this season... when they have the free time they have their chance to bust back into our team. We probably should have a rule in place to some degree, certainly make sure your listed players are actually still registered on BigFooty but otherwise I don't see that it hurts the league or that anyone is missing out.

Bring back the fun? It never left. I can't fathom why somebody would say this isn't fun but then continue to post. There's no difference between now and three seasons ago, just the faces are different. The league is like The Simpsons... sure there are differences the longer the league lives. But there's still joy to be had even if it doesn't seem as good as we remember.

Boxers. But well fitting, like briefs.

And love is like oxygen, you get too much you get too high (not enough and you're gonna die).

Hear that boys, we didn't care about our posting.

Exactly the vibe we were going for :thumbsu:

Talk about inactive teams is just that. It means nothing. In fact if you go by historical data our posters have been more active in recent times. We're not playing people from 3 years ago like the Hawks and Bombers. Perhaps if you count COHL :p

Point is that most of our posters are bigfooty regulars they just choose not to spam threads.

So even though the impression might be we don't care we actually do. We're not spammers and we're happy to go down that route because it means our match threads aren't garbage dumps like most.

Juggalo Balla RU_ The Filth Wizard Quivorir fumbler & unknown candidates

- A question about league activity. This past week the Bandits and Hawks each had 6 players contribute in the match thread and the Royals 7 (The Hawks only totalled 25 posts before the match started ) Compare this to the average of other teams which was 11 1/2 these figures would appear to be low or at 'inactive flogs' level. Does this concern you and, if so, what would you do to improve those numbers. If this doesn't concern you, why not?

- Some teams have players on their roster who are no longer active on BigFooty or have not been for a long time. Should teams have BigFooty active posters as a bare minimum?

- A lot of you have mentioned bringing back the 'fun', how do you plan to do this.

- Boxers of briefs?

- What is love?

Why don't we just aimlessly add more sides to the Sweet FA so those inactives aren't lonely.

My plan to bring back the fun is just a blatant rip off of Wallsy's when he was at the Bears.

Neither i like to free ball.

3 lovely asian hookers and a bottle of plonk.

@ Admin Candidates - Why do Pies and Hot Chips cost so much at the Qooty and what do you plan on doing to fix such a vital problem

Clarkey's the treasurer so he's most likely pocketing all the proceeds. I'll probably just sack wack him and take away his HoF thing.

Hear that boys, we didn't care about our posting.

Exactly the vibe we were going for :thumbsu:

Talk about inactive teams is just that. It means nothing. In fact if you go by historical data our posters have been more active in recent times. We're not playing people from 3 years ago like the Hawks and Bombers. Perhaps if you count COHL :p

Point is that most of our posters are bigfooty regulars they just choose not to spam threads.

So even though the impression might be we don't care we actually do. We're not spammers and we're happy to go down that route because it means our match threads aren't garbage dumps like most.

Not trying to sling mud or anything here Juggy but it honestly felt like you guys just couldnt be bothered either way that there was a match thread on. Maybe you thought we were beneath you to post against, or maybe you just "Couldnt be bothered with those stupud Gumbies" but it wasnt a very enjoyable match thread.

And then of course we went into the almost 2000 post monstrosity of the Swamprats match thread...

Not trying to sling mud or anything here Juggy but it honestly felt like you guys just couldnt be bothered either way that there was a match thread on. Maybe you thought we were beneath you to post against, or maybe you just "Couldnt be bothered with those stupud Gumbies" but it wasnt a very enjoyable match thread.

And then of course we went into the almost 2000 post monstrosity of the Swamprats match thread...

I think you're probably in the minority that wants to banter most hours of the day and can keep up with a 1000 post thread. Many people don't really enjoy it.

So...your way of thinking is to do away with pre-match banter altogether? Interesting...

Would the game suffer if you live-streamed the sim and did away with match threads altogether?

I think you're probably in the minority that wants to banter most hours of the day and can keep up with a 1000 post thread. Many people don't really enjoy it.

You and Marlowe have posted everywhere else besides the match thread in the past few hours.

Even the Leadership at the Royals is non existant.

Do you honestly think I enjoyed the Swamprat thread? It was horrible. Although yes, I do have more spare time/access to a computer with which to particupate in threads. But some clubs it feels like you're trying to revive a dead donkey by kicking it in the head.

Do you honestly think I enjoyed the Swamprat thread? It was horrible. Although yes, I do have more spare time/access to a computer with which to particupate in threads. But some clubs it feels like you're trying to revive a dead donkey by kicking it in the head.

Huh. Your post count in that thread betrays you

Huh. Your post count in that thread betrays you

Because the alternative was to not bother with it which, of the two options, was the less mature way of handling it.

You'll find my post count was less than at least 4 posters at the Rats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be the sides that believe they are the Sweet FA.

Royals
Hawks
Wonders
Dragons

Admin merge four to 2, #SFAback2ten

Yes. As I really only post in game threads , you would all miss out on my oozing wisdom

But couldn't we find that wisdom in your team thread? Or couldn't you start a thread of your own and ramble in there? What is it about match threads that desire attention?

But couldn't we find that wisdom in your team thread? Or couldn't you start a thread of your own and ramble in there? What is it about match threads that desire attention?

Oh, so you're for the countless spamming media threads of nonsense? I tend to peruse one or two of them a week out of politeness. No game threads, and you might as well just spawn generic players into each game, no need to involve BF members is there?

Before us Rats tried to get it to 2000, you were either first or second. Just after the game, and you know this

I want numbers personally. It'd either go Rat, Rat, Rat, Rat, Wolf OR if like you say I was up there it'd be Rat, Wolf, Rat, Rat, Rat...Either way, the reason it hit 1000 was because of constant flows of double, tripple, quadripple posts containing little to no substance to a thread that made WW2 look like a skip through a daisy field.

I want numbers personally. It'd either go Rat, Rat, Rat, Rat, Wolf OR if like you say I was up there it'd be Rat, Wolf, Rat, Rat, Rat...Either way, the reason it hit 1000 was because of constant flows of double, tripple, quadripple posts containing little to no substance to a thread that made WW2 look like a skip through a daisy field.

Then why did you post over a hundred times in that thread?

Seems to be the sides that believe they are the Sweet FA.

Royals
Hawks
Wonders
Dragons

Admin merge four to 2, #SFAback2ten

I don't think you'll see another merger in your lifetime.

I also find that most of those that criticise teams for being "inactive" are the ones whose perspective is based on what they see when bobbing their head up whilst gradually drowning in the flowing rivers of their own teams spammy s**t. I get how it looks boring and like a team isn't trying, the arrival of an opposition poster is a godsend but that's only because you just waded through two pages of your own teammates filth.

Perspective is a wonderful thing. There's been a couple of match threads this season where I've looked in after an hour or so and ten pages of interminable garbage have appeared. Firstly it's hard to cut in and secondly, who would want to? Banter doesn't exist for some teams anymore, just drivel.

Perceived inactivity isn't ruining this league. Endless garbage spam fests are.

What is it about match threads that desire attention?

I also find that most of those that criticise teams for being "inactive" are the ones whose perspective is based on what they see when bobbing their head up whilst gradually drowning in the flowing rivers of their own teams spammy s**t. I get how it looks boring and like a team isn't trying, the arrival of an opposition poster is a godsend but that's only because you just waded through two pages of your own teammates filth.

Perspective is a wonderful thing. There's been a couple of match threads this season where I've looked in after an hour or so and ten pages of interminable garbage have appeared. Firstly it's hard to cut in and secondly, who would want to? Banter doesn't exist for some teams anymore, just drivel.

This has been happening for seasons and all the wind bags puff up some long boring post about how it's everyone elses fault.

If you're Captain or Vc or leadership group you need to lead by example and post, you need to be the one who is at the fore front, if not just be a useless pawn and sit in the back seat while someone else takes the reigns.

Juggs, pettersssss, sanchez and Ljp copped flack for being s**t Captains yet you've had moments and now Marlowe seems to be the one who can't get a team up.
Captains are to blame, how hard is it to recruit a few posters?

And pray, what subjects do you consider not spamming? I can look through countless media threads and find the exact quality of posts I see in game threads, but these kind of posts only get called 'spam' if they are in game threads. I admit that there are quite a lot of needless posts in threads, but when I first joined the Rats I found I was the only one posting for days in a thread, so I would spam just to make our presence felt, yes. I would rather active posters than not. It balances out once rookies become more experienced

Back