Media SFA Ask Me Anything: Future Admin Edition feat. Filth, Juggs and RU_ - officially endorsed by oleg.

Who do you think should be the next admin?

• The Filth Wizard

• RU_

• Juggalo Balla

• Quivorir

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) No. If we reveal who they are then I'd have to find a brand new group for next season. Finding volunteers in this league is not the easiest thing.
4) Sure, this would be the ideal but if we can't get volunteers in league, who would come in externally? And then you've got the issue of keeping them interested for a whole season and more... The only way to achieve that is to pay them which becomes an impossible and messy process.

Thank you, thats the kind of response I wanted :thumbsu: I agree it does take away a certain amount of angst caused when teams playing against the known simmers team lose, particularly in critical matches.

So $6 a year.

Going to have to be substantially more than that if you want your team to actually win any of the games I sim.

You couldnt rig us to a win the way the SIMs reaming us this season :(

I could always just switch the names. No one will be the wiser. Well, they might be now, but they won't be when they forget I posted how I plan to rig it. Someone delete this post in January.

I don't understand why you can't listen to them. There's an embed in each OP you only have to click.

If I gave a text run down people wouldn't listen. It's a double edged sword. I can see how it helps some but to do it I'd then have to listen to the whole thing again to transcribe and I just don't get the time to do it.

Ok, but my laptop thing doesn't allow it due to the podcast being full of aids.

These podcasts seem to be very similar to what some players are upset about in game threads, too many heads bobby around.

Lots of giggling on the Podcasts to. Should call it the Gigglecast.

So it's a 13 year old girls sleepover taped then?

Nobody is obliged to listen to the podcast. No skin off mine if somebody doesn't like/appreciate them. Some people work out to them.

You're getting carried away now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have it on good authority Easty works his glutes to the SFA podcast.

Scraped the barrel, hey?

As i posted before for those of us who can't access it or don't have the time to access it, we miss out on a whole lot when we shouldn't have to.
The Furies were pressured to bring their team thread here for seasons due to some thinking we were conceited being a part of the SFA while being involved else where, i suppose you could say it's a similar set up with the Roys and the podcasts?

1) Do you think Anonymous Simmers are the way going forward? No. We can have multiple simmers so nobody sims their own team, but they will be public.
2) Do you intend to continue this method? See above.
3) When you become Admin, do you intend to reveal who the Simmers were for this season? (So I can send them a bag of dog s**t on fire) Yes.
4) The idea of a Public Simmer OUTSIDE the league, not affiliated with a team, has been floated. Thoughts?
No.

:D

Scraped the barrel, hey?

As i posted before for those of us who can't access it or don't have the time to access it, we miss out on a whole lot when we shouldn't have to.
The Furies were pressured to bring their team thread here for seasons due to some thinking we were conceited being a part of the SFA while being involved else where, i suppose you could say it's a similar set up with the Roys and the podcasts?

The podcast is, for mine, a privilege above a right, kind of like member exclusive content on the HUN website. And in truth, generally it's just a few guys with a couple of drinks having an unedited chat about a fantasy football league. It's not important to the league, it's a bit of comic relief though on this last one we had a point of topic discussion. At that, we do want people listening to them but I can't see how having "notes" or a schedule promotes it. I understand the request but with the time spent recording, minor editing if/where necessary and uploading I'm spending enough of my free time on the podcast to then sit listening to it again and collating just so somebody can determine if it's worth their free time listening to it. It's not like I'm getting paid per listen or anything. And truthfully, in the two years I've been running them this thread is the first time anybody has had this criticism of the podcast. I hope that puts it into perspective.

At that, I could definitely jazz up the synopsis more in the future.

It's not important to the league, it's a bit of comic relief - The Filth Wizard, 5/10/2015

That would mean when someone asks you a question that IS important to the league you should'nt just flog them off to an optional information recieving outlet, right? ;)

Come now mate. I merely confirmed it was on the podcast and then answered your questions once I remembered and not standing on sweaty public transport :D

Come now mate. I merely confirmed it was on the podcast and then answered your questions once I remembered and not standing on sweaty public transport :D

Im still hurting! It still stings...But the doctor said the cream will fix that as well.

The Filth Wizard

You've lost my vote until you start transcribing the podcasts... or atleast show fumbler how to drive a computer.

But it's not important.

The podcast is, for mine, a privilege above a right, kind of like member exclusive content on the HUN website. And in truth, generally it's just a few guys with a couple of drinks having an unedited chat about a fantasy football league. It's not important to the league, it's a bit of comic relief though on this last one we had a point of topic discussion. At that, we do want people listening to them but I can't see how having "notes" or a schedule promotes it. I understand the request but with the time spent recording, minor editing if/where necessary and uploading I'm spending enough of my free time on the podcast to then sit listening to it again and collating just so somebody can determine if it's worth their free time listening to it. It's not like I'm getting paid per listen or anything. And truthfully, in the two years I've been running them this thread is the first time anybody has had this criticism of the podcast. I hope that puts it into perspective.

At that, I could definitely jazz up the synopsis more in the future.

So it's an extra we don't pay for or need?
Again, yes you do fantastic work ...... i think, but since it's not necessary or important then why are matters of importance only discussed on the podcast?

But it's not important.

So it's an extra we don't pay for or need?
Again, yes you do fantastic work ...... i think, but since it's not necessary or important then why are matters of importance only discussed on the podcast?

In about thirty episodes of podcasts, between ClarkeM and I, I reckon this was the first time a debate has taken place in this regard.

I also think that all three of the nominees have been completely amenable in this thread and everybody has stood up to answer the relevant questions. You're focusing on one particular line of questioning that somebody said was answered in the podcast and another agreed. I know I repeated my answers in this thread.

I'm flummoxed by your reactions to be honest. You want to know who thinks what in this debate, listen to the podcast. It's media. It's tongue in cheek in the vein of having to jump on to CNN to see a presidential debate.

You are literally the only person complaining about this. And you can't use Beng, he generally listens and has actively contributed to podcasts in the past.

Back