Official Match Thread SFA S14 Round 11 - Baghdad Bombers vs Southern Dragons at Abdu Prison (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams due in by 9:00pm Friday
Game to be played on Monday

The Bombers face the biggest test of their season so far in this top of the table clash against the Dragons. Both teams come into this game on a 3 game winning streak and both will be looking to leave with a 4 game streak. The Dragons are coming off a win in the mud against the reigning champions and the Bombers came from behind against the Roys. The Bombers are the highest scoring team in the league this season and will be looking to stamp their authority with an emphatic home win to move within 1 premiership point of the Dragons. However the Dragons are the best defensive team in the league keeping the Wonders to just 49 points. This match looks to live up to the hype early and should be a close, intense contest.

Players to Watch

Baghdad Bombers: Matt121 has been super impressive this season 21 goals from the forward pocket. The Dragons small defenders will have to be switched on if they are to stop his influence. Hepp Hepp Hooray is coming off a career high 8 goals and will be looking to continue his form. The best forward line against the best backline will be a sight to watch and will not disappoint.

Southern Dragons: These kind of games is where big players need to step up and lead from the front. Ljp has been doing this his entire career and will be one of the players the Bombers will have to focus on. WishinAintGettin, the reigning EKA medalist will need to put in a big effort also. Playing on the opposite wing to Lj, both players have had a great season to date and will be vital to the Dragons if they are to win this game.​

This is going to be a ring a ding ding match up, nice write up Frothies :thumbsu:

In honour of MOTR and the respect I have for the Dragons and their posters we should make this the thread of all threads. I, as Vice Captain of the Bombers invite all Dragons players to a pre game spam-a-thon which will commence today and conclude 5 minutes before kick off. I will be aiming for 100 posts ITT and I challenge any of you wonderful Dragons posters to beat me.

This is going to be a ring a ding ding match up, nice write up Frothies :thumbsu:

In honour of MOTR and the respect I have for the Dragons and their posters we should make this the thread of all threads. I, as Vice Captain of the Bombers invite all Dragons players to a pre game spam-a-thon which will commence today and conclude 5 minutes before kick off. I will be aiming for 100 posts ITT and I challenge any of you wonderful Dragons posters to beat me.

Not that I condone spamming... but I'm certain The Half Back has your measure.

This will be a great matchup. Both sides had won 3 in a row coming into our first matchup too. The result, a 9 point win to the Dragons - Frothies kicking 4-8. People are talking up our backline but it's our forward line that will do the damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No post from THB yet... Very, very surprised! :p

This will be a thrilling affair, Dragons in formidable form and the Bombers haven't done anything wrong this season so it will be a very good game.

Tipping Frothies to step up and play a big game.

Easty and Gibbsy to have their games of the year.

And, Dragons to win by plenty.

Note - I can predict the future. :p

I can also predict the future. Tonight I will have ham and pineapple pie with cous cous for dinner. I will then play NBA on Xbox before retiring to bed and watching the Late Show with Craig Ferguson while playing Temple Run.

Doubting this game can live up to the height of last week, however we can certainly try!

Dragons by plenty, to keep pushing away from the rest and have top spot assured.

I would check thids myself but I'm quite lazy. Can we go to the top if we win this week?
Of course we can, we can achieve anything we put our minds to.

I would check thids myself but I'm quite lazy. Can we go to the top if we win this week?

we have 123% and you guys have 115% so it has to be a BIG win to get on top

Remove this Banner Ad

Back