This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
You call attracting 4 rookies this season not being able to attract anyone? That would be better than the majority of the SFA.

All of us at the Royals are very happy with how things are going, which is what really matters. That doesn't mean we won't seek out ways to make us better as a posting team, but it illustrates that despite what people from the outside would like to believe, things really are quite happy at the Golden Throne.
Bingo! And the Bears are happy, the Furies are happy, the Warriors are happy and the Gumbies are happy.
There is only one person who appears to be unhappy.

You call attracting 4 rookies this season not being able to attract anyone? That would be better than the majority of the SFA.

All of us at the Royals are very happy with how things are going, which is what really matters. That doesn't mean we won't seek out ways to make us better as a posting team, but it illustrates that despite what people from the outside would like to believe, things really are quite happy at the Golden Throne.

You must have missed the memo from okeydoke7 and Son of God.

Active posters and recruits are bad.

You and your fellow rookies are also flying the flag for the Royals. Very noticeable.

You and your fellow rookies are also flying the flag for the Royals. Very noticeable.

The Royals rookies have been excellent. Shame the leadership at the club isn't quite up to scratch...

I've never made such a claim, however I do believe the Bears are a good posting side and try to create a fun match thread, which was evident throughout the season.
I'd love to be in a position where we had too many contributors, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

I've been on both sides of the coin.

It was only last season we were considered spammers. But that doesn't make it any less nauseating and can definitely see the validity of the criticism we copped last season.

Whether or not you care is a different matter.

Ultimately, for those who are in a fortunate position to be considered spammers, it comes down to whether you care about anything other than your side.

Spam is incredibly discouraging for opposition posters. No one wants to wade through pages and pages of dribble, in which they have no clue what's going on. Especially for a rookie, I remember finding myself not bothering with the SFA when I found myself behind by even just 2 pages.

Especially those who use activity as the only source of antagonistic banter. The league is becoming ever more demanding as the seasons go on, and those who have the time for it, are deeming those who can't meet it as inferior.

It's no wonder "dinosaurs" are all retiring to the point of extinction.

Like I said, I've been on both sides of the argument, so yeah, it's hypocritical of me to criticise something that I was actively contributing to.

I'd love to be in a position where we had too many contributors, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

I've been on both sides of the coin.

It was only last season we were considered spammers. But that doesn't make it any less nauseating and can definitely see the validity of the criticism we copped last season.

Whether or not you care is a different matter.

Ultimately, for those who are in a fortunate position to be considered spammers, it comes down to whether you care about anything other than your side.

Spam is incredibly discouraging for opposition posters. No one wants to wade through pages and pages of dribble, in which they have no clue what's going on. Especially for a rookie, I remember finding myself not bothering with the SFA when I found myself behind by even just 2 pages.

Especially those who use activity as the only source of antagonistic banter. The league is becoming ever more demanding as the seasons go on, and those who have the time for it, are deeming those who can't meet it as inferior.

It's no wonder "dinosaurs" are all retiring to the point of extinction.

Like I said, I've been on both sides of the argument, so yeah, it's hypocritical of me to criticise something that I was actively contributing to.

The criteria for the Bears and Warriors to get into the league was to prove we could be viable, however we are given less than a season to find our feet before copping the criticism, hardly seems fair.

Actually we were both written off during round one.

So yes I don't really have much concern for the other teams. My only concern is making sure the Bears continue to be viable and can continue to have the required squad number of 24. Once I leave my replacement may have other ideas.

The criteria for the Bears and Warriors to get into the league was to prove we could be viable, however we are given less than a season to find our feet before copping the criticism, hardly seems fair.

Actually we were both written off during round one.

So yes I don't really have much concern for the other teams. My only concern is making sure the Bears continue to be viable and can continue to have the required squad number of 24. Once I leave my replacement may have other ideas.
The Warriors and Bears have certainly exceeded expectations, but they were valid concerns, particularly towards the Warriors.

I'd like to say, if I was in your position I'd do it differently. But I know first hand how easy the quantity of contributors can change in a season. There were a couple of rookies, I thought I could have signed to the Wonders last season, but didn't approach them only because we had a pretty decent size of posters. I definitely regret that decision.

The Warriors and Bears have certainly exceeded expectations, but they were valid concerns, particularly towards the Warriors.

I'd like to say, if I was in your position I'd do it differently. But I know first hand how easy the quantity of contributors can change in a season. There were a couple of rookies, I thought I could have signed to the Wonders last season, but didn't approach them only because we had a pretty decent size of posters. I definitely regret that decision.

Do what differently? I should tell my posters not to post?

That goes against the very fabric of what the Bears were built on by Broken and I. Our goal was to have a team where the posters had fun and didn't feel out of place or unhappy. Free to play the game how they felt. Our players have their own voice and are allowed to use it.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Do what differently? I should tell my posters not to post?

That goes against the very fabric of what the Bears were built on by Broken and I. Our goal was to have a team where the posters had fun and didn't feel out of place or unhappy. Free to play the game how they felt. Our players have their own voice and are allowed to use it.
If I may, pants, early on when I was finding my way and copped some flak for being a "spammer" I asked the Furies leadership for advice, they told me that they were more than happy with me and to go for it, and I did and that's the way it should be, I'm a Furie not a Royal or a Bear.

If I may, pants, early on when I was finding my way and copped some flak for being a "spammer" I asked the Furies leadership for advice, they told me that they were more than happy with me and to go for it, and I did and that's the way it should be, I'm a Furie not a Royal or a Bear.

Good. Although I'm not saying that's only a Bear thing, I'm just saying that is our philosophy. I know fumbler wouldn't hold anyone back.

Good. Although I'm not saying that's only a Bear thing, I'm just saying that is our philosophy. I know fumbler wouldn't hold anyone back.

Correct.

Why should i be telling someone else how to post?
I mean come on unless you are posting against the rules of the game or the Board (still can't stop the person posting) why should i force my posting ideals onto someone.
I'm not the Son of God after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct.

I mean come on unless you are posting against the rules of the game or the Board (still can't stop the person posting) why should i force my posting ideals onto someone.

Most sane people feel the same way.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, New York Giants

So much this.

We also have posters of differing ages, interests and intellect so there is always going to be splitting of opinions on what is good and bad posting.

Essentially posting is better than not posting

We? Are you not effectively clueless right now?

#SoScandaless

We also have posters of differing ages, interests and intellect so there is always going to be splitting of opinions on what is good and bad posting.

Essentially posting is better than not posting
Honestly, not true. Would you rather someone like, lets say Marlowe (because if you don't like Marlowe and his posting then you're a monster), or someone that posts 100 times a thread where every post is along the lines of "OMG MATE AHAHA SA FUNNY LOL"?

Quality is far, far, better than quantity.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back