Stats & History SFA Season 20 Fixture, Ladder and Statistics Thread

After last round...
thecastle-dale-dug-a-hole.gif

Rover dug a hole.

This post...

... from this thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/index-to-controversial-matches.727660/page-2 ...

... confirms that both the issue for the Warriors last week and for the Dragons this week have happened before, neither glitch explained but both have reared their ugly head beforehand. The only reason we notice these instances is when the final score is within a goal and potential ladder position is affected. The goal by tigland in the second example happens all the time. For the Dragons, it happened in the fourth quarter (there are no fifth quarters obviously).

/thread.

That's right, close the Fixture and Ladder thread.

*drops mic.
Wrong...
Two different conditions... one being 3rd quarter, the one you showed, and the other being 4th quarter... which was the case here.

Still haven't seen an example of the score getting added on after a 4th quarter.

As a programmer I can see how certain combinations could happen... but for this one? hmmm

Wrong...
Two different conditions... one being 3rd quarter, the one you showed, and the other being 4th quarter... which was the case here.

Still haven't seen an example of the score getting added on after a 4th quarter.

As a programmer I can see how certain combinations could happen... but for this one? hmmm

I have the solution! We add ANOTHER quarter to games! A FIFTH QUARTER! That way, when scores are made at the very end of the 4th quarter, they'll be confirmed in the new quarter!

...Except when scores are done at the very end of the 5th quarter, in which...we...ugh, whatever.

Wrong...

Dragon-gate just keeps rolling on... And yet, down at Admin Headquarters, zero f**ks are given...

gty_richard_nixon_dm_121115_wmain.jpg

Above: The Filth Wizard leaves the Simming Committee Meeting.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Wrong...

Did you read my post at all or just jump to a conclusion on what I said?

Did you read my post at all or just jump to a conclusion on what I said?
I read it. You acted as if it was proof and end of thread...
It is not. Due to the conditions of each bug, it is not conclusive and I don't think we have yet seen a match end like it did.
It is unlikely, but not impossible that this could have happened. It would however be (Mobbs has admitted) very poor code to make what happened occur.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I read it. You acted as if it was proof and end of thread...
It is not. Due to the conditions of each bug, it is not conclusive and I don't think we have yet seen a match end like it did.
It is unlikely, but not impossible that this could have happened. It would however be (Mobbs has admitted) very poor code to make what happened occur.

It's the same glitch that can see it happen in a second or third quarter. That's fairly plain to see.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Bears demand two chances, no matter how controversial your game was.

We're here, we're queer, we want more Bears.

Look pantskyle. Does this constitute fighting enough for you?

It's the same glitch that can see it happen in a second or third quarter. That's fairly plain to see.
Not with it adding the score onto the total at the conclusion of the quarter though. It always occurs AFTER.
As in the next quarter.

Actually ive noticed when posting matches recently it seems to be happening more and more. That may be because we have had a few controversial ones and im looking for it now but it does seem a little weird

The Bears demand two chances, no matter how controversial your game was.

We're here, we're queer, we want more Bears.
Cant argue with that

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Not with it adding the score onto the total at the conclusion of the quarter though. It always occurs AFTER.
As in the next quarter.

Ah, I see what your point is.

I think the issue we have here is the sim program must have a line of text where the score will register... in the Dragons match instance the next line of text would have been the updated score but as the match was over and it was the last line in the program it jumped to the final score. Perhaps for the Warriors the next line of text would have been the score register but because the siren "sounded" before the sim could register the goal it was not included.

For mine, it's extremely obvious that P4L's kick was a point (we don't have OOTF for shots on goal as far as I know) that would stand regardless. This doesn't mean the Warriors shouldn't feel aggrieved by their lack of a goal, thankfully it didn't affect their end of season. Were I admin I'm fairly sure I would have allowed the goal to stand as far as our records go.

Ah, I see what your point is.

I think the issue we have here is the sim program must have a line of text where the score will register... in the Dragons match instance the next line of text would have been the updated score but as the match was over and it was the last line in the program it jumped to the final score. Perhaps for the Warriors the next line of text would have been the score register but because the siren "sounded" before the sim could register the goal it was not included.

For mine, it's extremely obvious that P4L's kick was a point (we don't have OOTF for shots on goal as far as I know) that would stand regardless. This doesn't mean the Warriors shouldn't feel aggrieved by their lack of a goal, thankfully it didn't affect their end of season. Were I admin I'm fairly sure I would have allowed the goal to stand as far as our records go.

It could have been marked on the line. Which is a common sim text line.

It could have been marked on the line. Which is a common sim text line.
Considering the final score from the sim had a point added id suggest this wasnt the case

Considering the final score from the sim had a point added id suggest this wasnt the case

Well that depends on who added the point. Certainly no point was added in the after the game stats.

And yet no score added here

4 : 24.55 {FF} - Chance for a goal here for Reginald Perrin.
4 : 24.57 {FF} - Bending baaaaaaaaaaaaack... GOAL. Reginald Perrin's kicked 9.
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Coney Island Warriors : 14.26.110
Dragons FFC : 17.6.108
=====================================

Oh dear

Back