State of Origin SFA SOO#9 Round 1: Vic Metro Vs Vic Country @ the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2011
loɔɐʇıou:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Teams: Vic Metro Vs Vic Country

Teams: TBA prior to Monday 9pm AEST.

Form: Last season’s ultimate victors take on last season’s ultimate losers in the biggest grudge match of State of Origin since the northern states of Vietnam ganged up on the south. While there will be talk from both sides about last year not meaning much, Metro will be looking to avenge their final-round meltdown when a rampant Country took home the silverware via a last minute goal in a come from behind epic.

Summary: It’s a blockbuster first up as the hicks from the sticks take on the city-dwelling scum in what should be an absolute cracker of a match. Few teams can boast a rivalry like the Country/City divide and these teams should start the series off with a bang.
Both squads are strong with Country’s team built on the foundations of their back-to-back squad as they look for a three-peat of triumphs. They inject some youthful vigour with THB, Gentlemen and Grockadoc (moving over from WA) coming in but the pillars of one of the most successful teams in SoO history remain: Mobbenfuhrer, ClarkeM, BILC and Frothies with reigning Mobbs medallist Claypigeon coming back for his second stint in representative football.
Metro, on the other hand, have a radically new looking side, with only St Fly, Eth, beez, JB, cooney Freakie and Easty returning from the side that was demolished at the last competition. Instead new talent such as TPM, WGS and Deddy are hoping to bring a breath of fresh air into a side desperate for success.

Good intro Logger, very informative.

Some say he knows more words than the creator of the English language and that he coined the phrase "Gotta catch 'em all" after doing something unrelated like the shopping. All we know is....His called StFly!

And after a number of meetings and the forming of a committee it was decided that he is our 'secret' weapon and the 'face' of Vic Metro.

stfly.png

StFly on the front cover of every single newspaper and magazine this weekend.

Ever since it was pointed out that he was in fact immune from punishment he has decided to take his revenge on the pesky country folk with in the most subtle of ways....

Pfft, still disappointed I can't get suspended, means I did all that boxing work for nothing.

Also means all the diving practice Vic Country's been undertaking will be useless as well. :thumbsu:

Good intro Logger, very informative.

Some say he knows more words than the creator of the English language and that he coined the phrase "Gotta catch 'em all" after doing something unrelated like the shopping. All we know is....His called StFly!

And after a number of meetings and the forming of a committee it was decided that he is our 'secret' weapon and the 'face' of Vic Metro.

stfly.png

StFly on the front cover of every single newspaper and magazine this weekend.

Ever since it was pointed out that he was in fact immune from punishment he has decided to take his revenge on the pesky country folk with in the most subtle of ways....

I hardly think it's a secret anymore, I will attempt to create a second hole in peoples faces with my fist to ensure that victory is had, because if you can't play footy the best thing you can do is emulate Alistair Lynch and go out with everyone hoping you connected just the once.

Because it ended up being a faked orgasim.

Also means all the diving practice Vic Country's been undertaking will be useless as well. :thumbsu:

I wouldn't say that, less work for me in chasing them down means I might actually get a game of footy in as well. :thumbsu:

Don't tell me this is actually getting under way. Three in a row for VC coming up.

You country hicks can't even count that high!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane style 3-peat coming up, too easy for Vic Country.

Except you're from country vic not brisbane... I'll be surprised if you guys can even find the MCG..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back