SFL Div One 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost to Chelt in 2010....

We've had a habit of playing sides that either didn't have their 1's playing in the granny, or hadn't even made the finals at all. So it'll be a pleasent change this week to play a side that has both 1's & 2's playing. St. Pauls are always tough in the finals, so it should be a good game.

We don't really have any colts available, as the good'uns all played 1's most of the year.

As a mutual supporter that was at the game he will easily get 2 weeks. Bloke from Dingley's nose was all over his face.
I was at the game too, it was a brain fade that's for sure. At the time it looked like their season was unravelling. I thought maybe he could get a suspended sentence, but if the Dingley player looks a mess at the tribunal he will probably get 4 weeks since it was behind play. On a positive for the Dogs it was a sensational last quarter from St.Pauls as Dingley had their tails up and most of us thought with St.Pauls a player down would continue to overrun St.Pauls.Losing last week may have helped St. Pauls as now they are more match hardened than if they had had another week off even tho they will more than likely lose a player to suspension.
I was at the E.Bri v St.Pauls match as well and saw O'Rourke get sent off but I didn't know he got reported. How come it wasn't heard last week? I thought the St.Pauls player took a dive but having to play them in the GF im tipping he will put him right in.

Lost to Chelt in 2010....

We've had a habit of playing sides that either didn't have their 1's playing in the granny, or hadn't even made the finals at all. So it'll be a pleasent change this week to play a side that has both 1's & 2's playing. St. Pauls are always tough in the finals, so it should be a good game.

We don't really have any colts available, as the good'uns all played 1's most of the year.

Good luck this week as your club does deserve some success even if it is in the 2s. Without trying to bring up bad memories, how many runners up have your 1s & 2s had since you've come up to div 1. When was the last time your 1s didn't play finals as you've being a very strong club for at least the last decade.

I was at the game too, it was a brain fade that's for sure. At the time it looked like their season was unravelling. I thought maybe he could get a suspended sentence, but if the Dingley player looks a mess at the tribunal he will probably get 4 weeks since it was behind play. On a positive for the Dogs it was a sensational last quarter from St.Pauls as Dingley had their tails up and most of us thought with St.Pauls a player down would continue to overrun St.Pauls.Losing last week may have helped St. Pauls as now they are more match hardened than if they had had another week off even tho they will more than likely lose a player to suspension.
I was at the E.Bri v St.Pauls match as well and saw O'Rourke get sent off but I didn't know he got reported. How come it wasn't heard last week? I thought the St.Pauls player took a dive but having to play them in the GF im tipping he will put him right in.

O'Rourke was reported for striking also. Not sure why it wasn't heard last week..........perhaps funny buggers were being played to see if St Pauls made it through or not, as if they hadn't have made it through maybe something could have been sorted out if you know what I mean.

Good luck this week as your club does deserve some success even if it is in the 2s. Without trying to bring up bad memories, how many runners up have your 1s & 2s had since you've come up to div 1. When was the last time your 1s didn't play finals as you've being a very strong club for at least the last decade.

I think we've played in 5 x 1's, maybe 6 or 7 x 2's and 3 x 3's GF's since 2001 when we came up to 1st Div. Give or take a couple in the 1's & 2's,

Tribunal results in -

McIntyre - 2 weeks
O'Rourke - 2 weeks

Both miss this weekends grand final.
If ORourke got 2 McIntyre lucky to only get 2 as well but both must be devastated to miss out on a GF. ORourke was close to BOG in last years granny and kept James to 1 goal after half time last time..
Like to know Best's evidence against ORourke as he is an average bloke as it is.
Beginning of the year I thought St.Pauls would win the flag and since then they have gained Cathcart and Carmody and only lost T.McIntyre, wheras EBri have lost Jansen,Skehan,Mahoney,Widdowson and now O'Rourke.Thats arguably 5 of their best 12 players. Being a brave effort from the EBri boys but have a feeling the boys from East Bentleigh will have an easy win on Sun. I wanna see a great GF but have a feeling it could be an anti-climax.

If ORourke got 2 McIntyre lucky to only get 2 as well but both must be devastated to miss out on a GF. ORourke was close to BOG in last years granny and kept James to 1 goal after half time last time..
Like to know Best's evidence against ORourke as he is an average bloke as it is.
Beginning of the year I thought St.Pauls would win the flag and since then they have gained Cathcart and Carmody and only lost T.McIntyre, wheras EBri have lost Jansen,Skehan,Mahoney,Widdowson and now O'Rourke.Thats arguably 5 of their best 12 players. Being a brave effort from the EBri boys but have a feeling the boys from East Bentleigh will have an easy win on Sun. I wanna see a great GF but have a feeling it could be an anti-climax.

O'Rourke kept James to 1 goal with a lot of help from team mates (Nath Stewart & Co) and also the way in which St Pauls delivered into the forward line (long bombing to 3 vs 1 situations) but he is a big loss for this game as he is very important to their backline as he is a great stopper that then creates run and carry once they've won the football.

McIntyre has come off a couple of really good weeks, and is about to miss his third grand final since being at the club (2008 was dropped after prelim, 2011 injured in the last round).

From the sounds of it, McIntyre received a hit to the head and retaliated, but as is always the case the retaliator usually gets caught. In this instance he might have paid the ultimate price.

Should be a great game and EB will have confidence after their first final win, regardless of who is out.

Good luck to all involved in grand finals over the weekend.

Tribunal results in -

McIntyre - 2 weeks
O'Rourke - 2 weeks

Both miss this weekends grand final.
If Carmody fit probably comes in for McIntyre
Is Jansen a chance a chance to come in for his first game this year as I know EB have qualified him thru the 2s

If Carmody fit probably comes in for McIntyre
Is Jansen a chance a chance to come in for his first game this year as I know EB have qualified him thru the 2s

Haven't heard much on the Jansen front but would think that if he hasn't played his match fitness would be questionable?

Injured players and un-match fit players can cost you games as we all know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predictions!

Reserves: Chelsea Heights 22 points

BOG: Matt Banfield

Seniors: St Pauls 13 points

BOG: Jay Bruno

Best of luck to all teams and hope both a ripping contests!

St Pauls FC Seniors & Reserves premiers for 2013.

Great day for football on Sunday with a decent turnout also.

BOG: Andy Gilbert (seniors)
BOG: Jack Kreymborg (reserves)

Also exciting to see Bentleigh get promoted to Div 1 for season 2014 which is a nice change to the usual Mordialloc, East Malvern, Highett up/down up/down pattern.

Also exciting to see Bentleigh get promoted to Div 1 for season 2014 which is a nice change to the usual Mordialloc, East Malvern, Highett up/down up/down pattern.

I'd like to extended my congrats to St Pauls on winning the double, a fantastic achievement. Something we couldn't achieve in Div 2 this year. St Pauls were probably the best team in it this year only having a couple of minor hiccups along the way, they have definitely set a new benchmark for the comp.

At Bentleigh we're pretty excited to be promoted & as a whole I think we're still pinching ourselves a bit, as we haven't been in Div 1 since we left the comp at the end of 1999. We also realise that we have it all ahead of us to compete against the likes of St Pauls, East Brighton etc so we have our work cut out for us in the off season

Too good on the day. Thought that either No. 11 or 40 something in the middle were the BOG's... Not sure how the full back has 4 kicked on him and gets BOG.....Maybe a mistaken identity? I reckon it happened in our 3rds GF last year. We had a guy have 42 touches, including 19 in the 1st quarter, also kicked 2 goals, and we won... But they gave it to dude who had maybe a dozen touches and kicked the 1st goal of the game, in a losing side.

Too good on the day. Thought that either No. 11 or 40 something in the middle were the BOG's... Not sure how the full back has 4 kicked on him and gets BOG.....Maybe a mistaken identity? I reckon it happened in our 3rds GF last year. We had a guy have 42 touches, including 19 in the 1st quarter, also kicked 2 goals, and we won... But they gave it to dude who had maybe a dozen touches and kicked the 1st goal of the game, in a losing side.

It's easy for the umps not to pay attention, but definately strange for the medal to go to a full back, and yes one that had 4 kicked on him but without seeing much of the game i'm not sure if he played on him all game?

Did Lockhart kick his goals towards the end when the game was done and dusted??

I haven't missed too many Div One grannys lately. I thought it was a terrific crowd and the event seemed well organised, even with the disruption to the rail crossing. The SFL and Springy should be congratulated- no trouble getting a beer or something to eat.
The crowd tells me that the SFL standing is improving. It will never be the EFL but doesn't mean it cant be an enjoyable day of local footy, which it was.

The standard is clearly better than that of the MPNFL Peninsula at present. Both East Brighton and St Pauls would take Edi-Asp and Bonny to the cleaners. Quicker tempo, more physical, more A-graders.

Congrats to the boys at Dogland BTW! I'm a bit sick of watching GF day as a spectator with no vested interest also!

The standard is clearly better than that of the MPNFL Peninsula at present. Both East Brighton and St Pauls would take Edi-Asp and Bonny to the cleaners. Quicker tempo, more physical, more A-graders.

Congrats to the boys at Dogland BTW! I'm a bit sick of watching GF day as a spectator with no vested interest also!

Haha... Pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back