SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems as though there are Teams- Mt Waverley, Sandown and to a lesser extent Black Rock.

And then you've got your teams of individuals on a paycheck at CPL and Lyndale, when they play it just seems like they are all out for themselves.

You would hope a team that would stay together into division 2 will take out the flag, I've heard a few rumors that some quality players at both CPL & Lyndale have already made plans for next year. At other clubs and other Leagues.

Where are you getting this info from?

Some would say your dribbling cr*p!

Seems as though there are Teams- Mt Waverley, Sandown and to a lesser extent Black Rock.

And then you've got your teams of individuals on a paycheck at CPL and Lyndale, when they play it just seems like they are all out for themselves.

You would hope a team that would stay together into division 2 will take out the flag, I've heard a few rumors that some quality players at both CPL & Lyndale have already made plans for next year. At other clubs and other Leagues.

jeezzz...still dont believe we dont pay players do you?

Im sure the guys would be flattered that you think they have to be paid to play for us...but the club is less then 2 years old, how much money do you think we have?

Last edited:

jeezzz...still dont believe we dont pay players do you?

Im sure the guys would be flattered that you think they have to be paid to play for us...but the club is less then 2 years old, how much money do you think we have?

Haha could of sworn when we played at your ground your top 6 best players for the day all got $100-$200 cash in hand.
Don't know of any other clubs throwing away over $500 a game just for best on? At our club 1 player might get a 6 pack!
If your throwing that kind of money around in front of everyone I dare say you would be paying a few, even if it is under the table.

The Mt Waverely lap dog is back. You really should just out yourself come finals, if they enjoy any success you should be able celebrate as a fan instead of hiding behind this ridiculous "Just a neutral supporter that occasionally drinks down there" crap that everyone on this thread has been able to see through since pre-season.

Haha could of sworn when we played at your ground your top 6 best players for the day all got $100-$200 cash in hand. Don't know of any other clubs throwing away over $500 a game just for best on?

Let's not let the truth get in the way of a great story. BOG gets $100, and 3-4 blokes get $50 from the bests every week. I think you need glasses Stacey.

At our club 1 player might get a 6 pack!

Well maybe you should look a bit closer to home as to the reason to that? When the club started up they managed to draw experienced people into the most critical roles. We have a large junior club, netball club and 2 supers sides, the clubrooms operate as a sporting club and are open most nights of the week, with fully paid part-time bar staff. We consistently have the largest crowds in Div 3. Mt Waverely were up until recently in the financial doldrums, poorly managed and treading water, you've obviously turned that around, but don't jump on your high horse because a club has excellent fiscal management from the get go. Carrum, financially, as a club clearly has more room to move in it's social aspects than Mt Waverely then.

If your throwing that kind of money around in front of everyone I dare say you would be paying a few, even if it is under the table.

I can name you pretty much every player and where there association with the club resonates from. A lot of them were juniors at Carrum prior to the club reforming, a lot of them are mates of Luco that have followed him over from Edi-Asp to finish their careers. A vast majority of them are new residents of the area (like myself), Carrum is a popular area for first home buyers in their mid 20's, and a good 10-15 players alone live in a 500m radius of the football ground. I don't really get this line of thinking that Carrum are paying all their players (from Mt players), but Mt Waverely aren't? Are you meant to be soooooo much tighter as a club or something?

Barnsey formed the club with the view of replicating the amateur system whilst in Div 3, any paid model is simply unsustainable at this level of football.

A chunk of players at CPL have all come from the amateur system, yet Mt Waverely recruited around 5-10 players from the EFL, a comp notorious for having the most money hungry pigs in the state, yet we are the ones all playing for cash?

Last edited:
The Mt Waverely lap dog is back. You really should just out yourself come finals, if they enjoy any success you should be able celebrate as a fan instead of hiding behind this ridiculous "Just a neutral supporter that occasionally drinks down there" crap that everyone on this thread has been able to see through since pre-season.

Let's not let the truth get in the way of a great story. BOG gets $100, and 3-4 blokes get $50 from the bests every week. I think you need glasses Stacey.

Well maybe you should look a bit closer to home as to the reason to that? When the club started up they managed to draw experienced people into the most critical roles. We have a large junior club, netball club and 2 supers sides, the clubrooms operate as a sporting club and are open most nights of the week, with fully paid part-time bar staff. We consistently have the largest crowds in Div 3. Mt Waverely were up until recently in the financial doldrums, poorly managed and treading water, you've obviously turned that around, but don't jump on your high horse because a club has excellent fiscal management from the get go. Carrum, financially, as a club clearly has more room to move in it's social aspects than Mt Waverely then.

I can name you pretty much every player and where there association with the club resonates from. A lot of them were juniors at Carrum prior to the club reforming, a lot of them are mates of Luco that have followed him over from Edi-Asp to finish their careers. A vast majority of them are new residents of the area (like myself), Carrum is a popular area for first home buyers in their mid 20's, and a good 10-15 players alone live in a 500m radius of the football ground. I don't really get this line of thinking that Carrum are paying all their players (from Mt players), but Mt Waverely aren't? Are you meant to be soooooo much tighter as a club or something?

Barnesy formed the club with the view of replicating the amateur system whilst in Div 3, any paid model is simply unsustainable at this level of football.

A chunk of players at CPL have all come from the amateur system, yet Mt Waverely recruited around 5-10 players from the EFL, a comp notorious for having the most money hungry pigs in the state, yet we are the ones all playing for cash?

$300 per home game is pushing $3000 for the year, still pretty decent haha to be honest I couldn't give 2 shits if you pay players or not, it doesn't bother me.

And I wouldn't say we "recruited" anyone from the EFL, let alone 5-10. Myself, Taylor & Dunn all played a year or two in the EFL and came back to Mount this year where we had already played 2-3 seasons each. Mount had no knowledge we were even coming back until pre season so I would hardly call that recruiting, and not sure where you got 5-10 from either.

Haha could of sworn when we played at your ground your top 6 best players for the day all got $100-$200 cash in hand.
Don't know of any other clubs throwing away over $500 a game just for best on? At our club 1 player might get a 6 pack!

Hahaha, here we go again with you saying no-one at Mount gets paid. It is fact, and one of your committee members divulged the information to me that your recruits were offered decent money to come across, just because you weren't part of that money, and rightly so, it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. But to also be offered a guaranteed flag, now that is something else. That in itself shows that the club intended to spend up big on some recruits, not all of them came across, hence why you are a starting midfielder. The committee were hoping to get a lot more skill and heart around the ball. Personally I hope Sandown, CPL or Lyndale knock you off in the finals to make a mokery of your committee's "guaranteed flag"

Hahaha, here we go again with you saying no-one at Mount gets paid. It is fact, and one of your committee members divulged the information to me that your recruits were offered decent money to come across, just because you weren't part of that money, and rightly so, it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. But to also be offered a guaranteed flag, now that is something else. That in itself shows that the club intended to spend up big on some recruits, not all of them came across, hence why you are a starting midfielder. The committee were hoping to get a lot more skill and heart around the ball. Personally I hope Sandown, CPL or Lyndale knock you off in the finals to make a mokery of your committee's "guaranteed flag"

We were actually guaranteed back to back flags in division 3 & 2 and to be playing division 1 footy in 2016! Then the plan was to transfer through to the EFL/ VAFA/ VFL and soon enough obviously the AFL But you weren't far off the mark, we were trying to recruit Pendles, Selwood and Fyfe but yeah we couldn't get the deal done.

I hope you get hit by a bus crossing the road ya flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got me, we do offer cash awards to our best on grounds in the rooms after the game.
$100 to bog and a couple of $50s or $75s to other top performers (Not $200-$500 to each player as you stated). All in plain sight in the club rooms after the games and blokes who stick around would know this. I would hardly call that a player payment.

The club simply cannot afford to play players and even if we could we wouldn't. If you knew Barnesy, you would know how stingy he is!

$300 per home game is pushing $3000 for the year, still pretty decent haha to be honest I couldn't give 2 shits if you pay players or not, it doesn't bother me.

And I wouldn't say we "recruited" anyone from the EFL, let alone 5-10. Myself, Taylor & Dunn all played a year or two in the EFL and came back to Mount this year where we had already played 2-3 seasons each. Mount had no knowledge we were even coming back until pre season so I would hardly call that recruiting, and not sure where you got 5-10 from either.

Sure, it's why 2-3 of Mt's players have decided to come on an internet forum to post about it sporadically for the last 6 months? as well sledge about it on the field? IT must be in the forefront of your minds for whatever reason. CPL find it hilarious tbh.

If you think a rewards budget of $3k for the year is of any significance, then you are out of touch with the wage budgets at local footy clubs. Maybe you should head over to Deer Park in the off-season, they have a wage budget of around $300,000 per annum.................

Last edited:
Ha should be a fantastic clash should mount and cpl meet in a final! Really who gives a flying fck if a club is paying players per game or game day incentives? Plenty of blokes out there getting paid that are ordinary footballers and plenty that play for the love of it. If a club is paying a player and they perform as expected, train and attend majority of social functions then why is it even an issue? Cash incentives if the club can afford it are a great way to reward guys that maybe at Uni and or apprentices on low wages. Playing local footy is not cheap , you have rego, insurance, medical bills, club functions which do require a lot of extra money often from guys that are not in a financial position. If cpl or mount want to play players and it works for them then good luck I honestly don't see a problem with it. The only time when it becomes a problem is when a side is obviously paying way too much money to win, it is never sustainable and it is the club that puts its long term viability and future under threat by doing that . No point going up a division if you can't sustain being competitive when u upgrade.

Ha should be a fantastic clash should mount and cpl meet in a final! Really who gives a flying fck if a club is paying players per game or game day incentives? Plenty of blokes out there getting paid that are ordinary footballers and plenty that play for the love of it. If a club is paying a player and they perform as expected, train and attend majority of social functions then why is it even an issue? Cash incentives if the club can afford it are a great way to reward guys that maybe at Uni and or apprentices on low wages. Playing local footy is not cheap , you have rego, insurance, medical bills, club functions which do require a lot of extra money often from guys that are not in a financial position. If cpl or mount want to play players and it works for them then good luck I honestly don't see a problem with it. The only time when it becomes a problem is when a side is obviously paying way too much money to win, it is never sustainable and it is the club that puts its long term viability and future under threat by doing that . No point going up a division if you can't sustain being competitive when u upgrade.
Best comment this week...

Just to clear up the Endeavour Hills thirds scenario.
The players playing thirds came to the club basically as a collective of about 15-18 guys who just want to have a kick on a Saturday. With the exception of 1 player none have played ones this year (Quite a few should be) and he pulled the pin a few weeks to play with his mates. Only a handful have played reserves but only after doubling up and playing thirds first.
It would be rare to see any more than 5 train during any given week. I'll even be surprised if they train during the finals.
Although its disappointing that none of these guys want to play seniors, its better to have they guys apart of the club paying fees, staying around for a drink after etc then not being there at all.
Hopefully the football department has a quiet word to a number of them so that they complete a preseason and play seniors in 2016. Time will tell.

I went down to check out Heathertons ground on the weekend. The rooms look spot on, but the ground looks very average... I know Heatherton need the $$$, but surely they could of picked a better ground!!

I went down to check out Heathertons ground on the weekend. The rooms look spot on, but the ground looks very average... I know Heatherton need the $$$, but surely they could of picked a better ground!!

Agreed! Went past it after work yesterday, looking very ordinary. Cheltenham isn't much better for div 2

As the finals are at heatherton what actual cut do they get? Surely tickets, alcohol, food sales are split evenly amongst the comp? I have not played there in years but can anyone tell me if u can spectate from the car around the ground there?

Those divots are a bit of a concern also.. I would hate to see a bloke have his finals ended because they roll an ankle in one!

It looks like they have parking along the far wing you could watch from. Might want to get in early though!

From what I heard, the hosts split the profits from entry, food and bevs with the league. Would love to see the teams that make it get a piece aswell...

Just to clear up the Endeavour Hills thirds scenario.
The players playing thirds came to the club basically as a collective of about 15-18 guys who just want to have a kick on a Saturday. With the exception of 1 player none have played ones this year (Quite a few should be) and he pulled the pin a few weeks to play with his mates. Only a handful have played reserves but only after doubling up and playing thirds first.
It would be rare to see any more than 5 train during any given week. I'll even be surprised if they train during the finals.
Although its disappointing that none of these guys want to play seniors, its better to have they guys apart of the club paying fees, staying around for a drink after etc then not being there at all.
Hopefully the football department has a quiet word to a number of them so that they complete a preseason and play seniors in 2016. Time will tell.

That is exactly what thirds footy is all about, getting people into the club, we have had the same problem over the years when groups of mates come down and only want to play with each other but we found once they start to get to know everyone at the club they become more interested in playing seniors. hopefully you have some luck getting them to play seniors down the track.

As the finals are at heatherton what actual cut do they get? Surely tickets, alcohol, food sales are split evenly amongst the comp? I have not played there in years but can anyone tell me if u can spectate from the car around the ground there?

Ticket sales go to the league, Heatherton will makes its money from food and bar sales. And no it shouldn't be spread out because Heatherton would have had to pay for the privilege to host finals. That is what the tender process is all about.

And yes, you can park your car around the ground and watch the game from your car. Which would be a great way to see the game with Southern FM calling the game on the radio as well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back