SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they should stop vindicating the comments....

Atm the league is living up to the monika of the worst run metro league in the country...

Yeah don't agree there, maybe like any family where they have to deal with a couple of bad tempered, unruly, dummy spitting children.

Last edited:
Bounceback, you are in the know, can you clarify the advise that at least 7 clubs will be on some sort of financial scheme of arrangement in 2015 with the League?

Looking back over the previous years Annual reports way back in 2005/6 there were 11 clubs of the 30 that were non financial at years end that was reduced to 1 back in 2010 and if there are now 7 at a minimum then what is going on?? I would not say 7 if I was not fairly certain that 7 was a minimum , I can say that there are perhaps 2 or 3 others..

Bounceback, you are in the know, can you clarify the advise that at least 7 clubs will be on some sort of financial scheme of arrangement in 2015 with the League?

Looking back over the previous years Annual reports way back in 2005/6 there were 11 clubs of the 30 that were non financial at years end that was reduced to 1 back in 2010 and if there are now 7 at a minimum then what is going on?? I would not say 7 if I was not fairly certain that 7 was a minimum , I can say that there are perhaps 2 or 3 others..

What is going on? Fairly obvious isn’t it- Playing way over the odds for suburban footballers of very modest ability. All well and good if you have the $ (Noble Park, Balwyn, Deer Park etc) but if you don’t then you are just putting your club on the path to financial ruin. Furthermore the SFL are falling into the habit of some other leagues and are now cannibalising each other.

Start developing from within. Has me buggered why SFL are not harder on clubs, particularly Div 1, that don’t make any effort to field a Colts team. Give them 2 years grace to get them up and running or they get relegated. No ifs or butts. Time for hard decisions. The ground this league has made up in recent years has vanished.

Say what you like about Dingley. While their GF performance was putrid at least they invest in juniors and for the most part they don’t pay inflated match fees. (either do St Pauls for that matter)

Yes I have gone some years and it has always been a non event, over in 20 minutes, finances good, perhaps a change or 2 in Board members. Apparently in the early 2000's they used to hold a meeting prior to the AGM for clubs to vent on the Admin and Board and then get the formality over with. This year will be very interesting with a number of vocal Presidents very supportive of a President that this Grand Final investigation stuff up has caused some personal grief to. Yes CPL and Mount are to blame for the brawl but to allow it to drag on for so long puts clubs involved in an awful position to recruit at all levels. Along with a significant number of clubs broke and the apparent lack of due diligence carried out by the SFL by not having police at the GF despite the written agreement with the host club clearly stating that the SFL were supposed to ... well they are in a bit of strife. All very well to maintain a league that was developed by Holsworth and Ellis and sure they may have not always made the right decisions but they were always in the trenches with the clubs, but this current admin are swimming in the shallow end of pools and might I say pools in the US.....

What is going on? Fairly obvious isn’t it- Playing way over the odds for suburban footballers of very modest ability. All well and good if you have the $ (Noble Park, Balwyn, Deer Park etc) but if you don’t then you are just putting your club on the path to financial ruin. Furthermore the SFL are falling into the habit of some other leagues and are now cannibalising each other.

Start developing from within. Has me buggered why SFL are not harder on clubs, particularly Div 1, that don’t make any effort to field a Colts team. Give them 2 years grace to get them up and running or they get relegated. No ifs or butts. Time for hard decisions. The ground this league has made up in recent years has vanished.

Say what you like about Dingley. While their GF performance was putrid at least they invest in juniors and for the most part they don’t pay inflated match fees. (either do St Pauls for that matter)
Im with you Billy, I obviously know why the clubs are broke but im supporting your view that the SFL Admin should step in and make some decisions, to help clubs. I agree no Colts = no playing in First Div at least that encourages youth and perhaps youth that can be developed as good long term players that also don't cost much. I heard last week 1 ex AFL battler now sniffing around the suburban leagues being offered $2000 a game and this SFL club does not have Colts...

what will CPL discuss at there emergency meeting tonight, perhaps leave the SFL for another comp?

rumour is Ammo's.as no player payment funds required and saves the embarrassment end of year when sponsors walk away and nothing to pay them with.

Last edited:
jeezzz...still dont believe we dont pay players do you?

Im sure the guys would be flattered that you think they have to be paid to play for us...but the club is less then 2 years old, how much money do you think we have?

You got me, we do offer cash awards to our best on grounds in the rooms after the game.
$100 to bog and a couple of $50s or $75s to other top performers (Not $200-$500 to each player as you stated). All in plain sight in the club rooms after the games and blokes who stick around would know this. I would hardly call that a player payment.

The club simply cannot afford to play players and even if we could we wouldn't. If you knew Barnesy, you would know how stingy he is!

Nos_4r2, we appreciate your input into this forum and also the work Barnesy has done, but surely you guys cannot continue down the line that CPL do not pay players.

If you do then good on you and no problem.

Only issue out there is that you guys arrogantly state the above when it simply is not correct.

Rumour or comments being made is a few sponsors have not paid up due to the GF debacle and now a number of players leaving because they haven't been paid so you cant have it both ways. Why would they be leaving if as you state "no one gets paid"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rumour is Ammo's.as no player payment funds required and saves the embarrassment end of year when sponsors walk away and nothing to pay them with.

Is there any substance to this at all? Despite his brother being an all time ammo legend Steve Barnes is a very staunch SFL man. Would not believe he would be behind any discussion to join the VAFA. Geographically the VAFA is not really the right fit for CPL either.

Nos_4r2, we appreciate your input into this forum and also the work Barnesy has done, but surely you guys cannot continue down the line that CPL do not pay players.

If you do then good on you and no problem.

Only issue out there is that you guys arrogantly state the above when it simply is not correct.

Rumour or comments being made is a few sponsors have not paid up due to the GF debacle and now a number of players leaving because they haven't been paid so you cant have it both ways. Why would they be leaving if as you state "no one gets paid"?

Yes I can continue down that line. You should of been at our AGM, then you would of been there were our financial report was read out which outlined where every dollar our club makes went towards. In fact everyone that accused us of paying players should of been there, would of put alot of 'rumours' about whether or not we pay players to bed.

And before you start to rumour about other ways players could have been paid, no, we also didnt pay players directly out of anyones pockets either.

This is how entrenched player payments has become at grassroots level. A new club cannot come along, recuit well and say they dont pay anyone without being told they are full of s**t.

I sit here and listen to everyone give us s**t, saying and spreading whatever rumours that are baseless and all they do is paint a misconstrude image of us that could not be further from the truth.

You need to understand there are volunteers here who have put alot of work in, not just Barnesy, everyone on the committee, our coaches and others in non-playing roles. Guys who have put in hours upon hours, late nights upon late nights over the last 2 years to build a club the way a club should be built, by getting players in to get us off the ground then building from the ground up by developing young talent to become future seniors players.

Every word said on here about us paying players just s**t cans all the hard work they have done to make sure our club was developed the right way.

You call it arrogance...we call it pride. We are proud of our work, to be in the position we are in because we built it, we didnt buy it.

Also, we havent lost sponsors, no players are leaving due to lack of pay. I have read all the rumours you have posted up here but kept my mouth shut...all i can say is, you need to find a new source.

So CPL are leaving the SFL, for the VAFA, need to be approved by all parties and Football Victoria for this to happen, if so will it happen for the 2015 season?

I remember Black Rock using the old "we don't like your decision SFL, so we're off to the VAFA" bluff card as well. Didn't fly for them then, not sure it will for CPL either

Yes I can continue down that line. You should of been at our AGM, then you would of been there were our financial report was read out which outlined where every dollar our club makes went towards. In fact everyone that accused us of paying players should of been there, would of put alot of 'rumours' about whether or not we pay players to bed.

And before you start to rumour about other ways players could have been paid, no, we also didnt pay players directly out of anyones pockets either.

This is how entrenched player payments has become at grassroots level. A new club cannot come along, recuit well and say they dont pay anyone without being told they are full of s**t.

I sit here and listen to everyone give us s**t, saying and spreading whatever rumours that are baseless and all they do is paint a misconstrude image of us that could not be further from the truth.

You need to understand there are volunteers here who have put alot of work in, not just Barnesy, everyone on the committee, our coaches and others in non-playing roles. Guys who have put in hours upon hours, late nights upon late nights over the last 2 years to build a club the way a club should be built, by getting players in to get us off the ground then building from the ground up by developing young talent to become future seniors players.

Every word said on here about us paying players just s**t cans all the hard work they have done to make sure our club was developed the right way.

You call it arrogance...we call it pride. We are proud of our work, to be in the position we are in because we built it, we didnt buy it.

Also, we havent lost sponsors, no players are leaving due to lack of pay. I have read all the rumours you have posted up here but kept my mouth shut...all i can say is, you need to find a new source.

Yeah fair enough however we have all been involved in footy clubs where things happen at a top level which is not conveyed to the masses so unless you are at that level then your sources are probably mine as well. End of day the transfers OUT will be the telling story as why would Mouritz, Barr etc etc move on.

So has nobody seriously got nothing on what the CPL 'emergency meeting' was about last night?

C'mon Nos, you seem to be pretty supportive of CPL and what the club is and isn't doing, so you may as well front up and tell us what happened last night.

Yeah fair enough however we have all been involved in footy clubs where things happen at a top level which is not conveyed to the masses so unless you are at that level then your sources are probably mine as well. End of day the transfers OUT will be the telling story as why would Mouritz, Barr etc etc move on.

Im telling you now, your sources are not my sources and my sources are much more reputable then yours. Proven by the fact that yours are telling you that players are leaving because we couldnt pay them and that we are moving to ammos.

So has nobody seriously got nothing on what the CPL 'emergency meeting' was about last night?

C'mon Nos, you seem to be pretty supportive of CPL and what the club is and isn't doing, so you may as well front up and tell us what happened last night.

It wasnt an emergency meeting, the facebook post was worded wrong. It was just a meeting.

Sure it was Nos...just a general catch up!

Well yeah...considering the only source of info for a lot of the players is this forum I am sure they appreciated the opportunity to get an update on what is actually happening.

It wasnt an emergency meeting, the facebook post was worded wrong. It was just a meeting.

Sure it wasn't an emergency meeting. Considering two posts (November 13 and 19) called it an emergency....Surely you don't word something wrong twice.

Well yeah...considering the only source of info for a lot of the players is this forum I am sure they appreciated the opportunity to get an update on what is actually happening.

As I said, you seem to be in the know...So feel free to give us an update on what is actually happening.

Im telling you now, your sources are not my sources and my sources are much more reputable then yours. Proven by the fact that yours are telling you that players are leaving because we couldnt pay them and that we are moving to ammos.

Lucas hit his mate from Skye preseason and keeps it going. Barnsey has had enough of him and I can 100% tell you he will not be coaching CPL next year.

Wrong. Lucas has been reappointed co-coach for 2015. Whether it is playing or non playing is unsure

Nos_4r2, not having a go but trying to prove my sources over your way are pretty good. I stated 7 weeks ago Lucas would not coach, some said otherwise but as you know he will not have any role there as per last night....so my sources go ok and have some rep.

Realise you are not going to put up here negatives however to state a post 7 days out calling an emergency meeting and then say it was worded incorrectly is pretty poor. It was an emergency meeting.

Fine to keep shooting down everything on here (and good on you) but even you know its not such a rosy world at CPL atm (actually all year really as not too many clubs conduct a mutiny of their president during the year...wow that was ugly!)

The proof will be in the transfers if players were getting paid or not as why would they leave otherwise?

Last edited:
Lucas hit his mate from Skye preseason and keeps it going. Barnsey has had enough of him.

You stated 7 weeks ago that he was 100% not going to coach because Barnesy has had enough of him. Which is completely wrong and could not have been any further from the truth.

I am not prepared to go into a 'source' war with you, but if that was your reason behind him not coaching next season then that just proves that it was just an unfounded, baseless rumour that you or your source heard.

In fact, that post was just one post that formed the basis behind me saying "I sit here and listen to everyone give us s**t, saying and spreading whatever rumours that are baseless and all they do is paint a misconstrude image of us that could not be further from the truth."

As to reason why players may leave...go ahead and think its because of money if it makes you sleep easier at night, you will just be wrong again and just be another person responsible for spreading misinformation on BigFooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back