SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Dave It was not part of his contract according to a Board member it was funded by the SFL therefore the SFL clubs, cost about $8k. The $2,000 will go to Heatherton for compensation in sales at Bar and canteen. That $8k could have been used for police ..

Dave It was not part of his contract according to a Board member it was funded by the SFL therefore the SFL clubs, cost about $8k. The $2,000 will go to Heatherton for compensation in sales at Bar and canteen. That $8k could have been used for police ..
So you are saying the clubs foot the bill for the trip to the states? That is fairly ordinary of the board to approve that then? Fair enough heatherton get compensated, still I think it's a disgrace clubs have to pay more for security.... Why doesn't the league put more into education to prevent this occurring again? Rather than taking the easy option and hiring more security ? Last time I checked it's always better to prevent than cure....

So you are saying the clubs foot the bill for the trip to the states?

A large majority of the SFL's revenue comes from affiliation fees, so it's only fair to assume that clubs foot the bill for a large majority of the league's expenditures too.
But that doesn't mean that the SFL is misappropriating those funds, as is being suggested here.

A large majority of the SFL's revenue comes from affiliation fees, so it's only fair to assume that clubs foot the bill for a large majority of the league's expenditures too.
But that doesn't mean that the SFL is misappropriating those funds, as is being suggested here.
Questions do need to be asked on why and where the funds are going... This happens in politics all the time, so don't see why there should be any issue in asking especially when the league increases costs for clubs year on year

Questions do need to be asked on why and where the funds are going... This happens in politics all the time, so don't see why there should be any issue in asking especially when the league increases costs for clubs year on year

Who is going to ask them?. Nah, until the clubs get together and issue a no confidence motion then things just keep rolling along without consultation andor accountability. The things that have happened in last 6 months highlight the poor decisions being made at top level and clubs have to find the money to pay for these issues. No confidence motion may get things more transparent as without the clubs the league is nothing. About time some people grew a couple of big ones.

I
Any club can ask for any financial info from the league at any time. They have to provide it.
Guess time will tell, does sound that there are a lot of unhappy clubs within the league.... Let's move on anyway, I'm sure a few clubs are training at the moment any news? Signings? Rumours ?

Totally agree, i would imagine a research trip to states would be in the vicinity of 10-15k? It was a junket really, only question you may have to ask is who funded the trip? The league? Or afl? Potentially also part of his employment contract. Out of interest, where will the 2k be allocated that Mw have to cough up? For all we know it could be going on the sfl staff Christmas party bar tab!

It was announced at the AGM that it was in his employment contract once certain KPI's were met. But like most of the people on here time may have been better spent at an AFL club or even an A-League team.

Whether it is in his contract or not it is over and above his salary and is paid for by the clubs.

Message for Dannerz no one said they were misappropriating funds that suggests a serious criminal allegation and that is not what I am suggesting, I am suggesting that they are spending the clubs money poorly by sending a young employee to the USA for a study tour when at his level he could easily have spent time with an AFL club and get the same benefit and probably a whole lot more ongoing assistance - for free.. They are getting ahead of themselves and not ensuring the viability of the comp by breaking a contract with host clubs of finals that says that the SFL will provide security and Police at Grand Finals. I reckon that KPI was not met by the CEO..

Whether it is in his contract or not it is over and above his salary and is paid for by the clubs.

Message for Dannerz no one said they were misappropriating funds that suggests a serious criminal allegation and that is not what I am suggesting, I am suggesting that they are spending the clubs money poorly by sending a young employee to the USA for a study tour when at his level he could easily have spent time with an AFL club and get the same benefit and probably a whole lot more ongoing assistance - for free.. They are getting ahead of themselves and not ensuring the viability of the comp by breaking a contract with host clubs of finals that says that the SFL will provide security and Police at Grand Finals. I reckon that KPI was not met by the CEO..
I agree, I would love to know what skills can be transferred across from that USA trip? Sounds like a junket the clubs are paying for....

Agreed Dave, the Packers are at a completely different level to any AFL club let alone a suburban community league... He would have been a lot better off setting his sights to a more comparable learning vehicle. The EFL run a good league why would he not sit with Phil Murton for a day or so?? And Cannizo passing himself off over there as the head of football in Australia - really...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen here Wax with your attitude the country would be broke within seconds.. Morally it is not right them spending money on an overseas junket when clubs are bleeding and other clubs were waiting over 6 weeks for an investigation to come to a conclusion all the while players from both those clubs being snapped up..I would not be proud of myself taking an overseas junket paid for by the clubs when some clubs are hanging by a thread financially. Its called morals ..In my role I go overseas 4 times a year and unless I can bring home some tangible results that add to the bottom line and is a sound return and quantified return on investment I would not be there long. Not jealous at all just very disillusioned.

Yes lets talk about how clubs are going in pre season 7 are in strife financially and 3 may be gone in 2015 at this rate..

Seven clubs owe money to the SFL for various reasons and cannot pay them until next year that would mean that they have traded at a loss in 2014.A few of those clubs are on a scheme of arrangement to pay debt owing for at least 2 years.

Is this across the league, or just division 3?
That is where I can't work out that he met kpi's to go on the trip? If meeting kpi's means having a grand final called off and 7 clubs in debt to the league then I wish I had kpi 's like that in my job! From what I can see the league admin is failing in it's role to run a decent football league.... Everything is about money and revenue.... It will kill the league, guarantee it.

Give it a rest you blokes, obviously a couple from MtW nd CPL with chips on their shoulders and talk about KPI's,,pffft the most overrated, irrelevant full of BS measuring stick every invented. Perspective, grow a couple of 'big ones' and name the 7 and the 3 who you state are gone (thats 10 clubs or one division wiped out - what a load of crap) OR shut up before your cred = zilch

Give it a rest you blokes, obviously a couple from MtW nd CPL with chips on their shoulders and talk about KPI's,,pffft the most overrated, irrelevant full of BS measuring stick every invented. Perspective, grow a couple of 'big ones' and name the 7 and the 3 who you state are gone (thats 10 clubs or one division wiped out - what a load of crap) OR shut up before your cred = zilch
Why are u so protective of the league bounce back. ? If love to here some positives about what the league had done well ? Please tell

Why are u so protective of the league bounce back. ? If love to here some positives about what the league had done well ? Please tell
you are taking the p*ss aren't you....you obviously don't read my posts very well (go back up the page and if thats being positive about the league then you have rocks in ya head). Nah, just hate blokes throwing bullshit numbers on this forum with no basis and guts to name the clubs so others can respond - spineless really

you are taking the p*ss aren't you....you obviously don't read my posts very well (go back up the page and if thats being positive about the league then you have rocks in ya head). Nah, just hate blokes throwing bullshit numbers on this forum with no basis and guts to name the clubs so others can respond - spineless really
Fair enough... Il give u that ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back