SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

After starting this debate, I just thought I'd change things up a bit...here are some photos of the newly re-surfaced Jack Barker Oval. Looking mint!

Thanks to all those people from all SFL clubs that helped with our petition to get Bayside council to overturn their decision. We look forward to hosting you at JBO in 2014.

1962802_832102383473302_2042331742_n.jpg

1656364_832102386806635_802967508_n.jpg

1619383_832102576806616_77866825_n.jpg

923451_832102550139952_1824863155_n.jpg

See a few more here...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.832101603473380.1073741826.175215329162014&type=1

Last edited:

Saw big Chris Graham and George Rowlands having a few beers with Ben McGee at the Playhouse last Friday night.
Not sure if there's anything to it, but it does add fuel to the fire with regards to Grazer heading across to Clayton.

Not to mention both Graham and Rowlands have been involved with McGee whilst playing at Old Mentonians a few years ago.

Speaking of Clayton, is the whisper that Fevola will be playing a one off game for them this year correct?. I'm hearing Round 3 v Bentleigh with it being a Sunday game to give the chance for all & sundry to attend. Can anyone confirm?

Not sure your club are overly keen on it Fish. I think the Clays are trying to twist some arms to make it happen.

Why wouldn't you do it? Sell out game and a great promotion. Players would enjoy playing in front of a big crowd. Just remind the Clayton faithful to keep their dentures in their respective mouths.

Why wouldn't you do it? Sell out game and a great promotion. Players would enjoy playing in front of a big crowd. Just remind the Clayton faithful to keep their dentures in their respective mouths.

Club makes nothing from it as all proceeds go to Clayton, not to mention they pick up a gun ff for the day which potentially could cost you 4 points also.

I can see a few reasons as to why Bentleigh wouldn't do it.

Club makes nothing from it as all proceeds go to Clayton, not to mention they pick up a gun ff for the day which potentially could cost you 4 points also.

Don't mind the idea of a Sunday game to draw a crowd but have reservations about these mercenary players shopping themselves around and various leagues encouraging it. Don't mind Fev at the Pigeons or Aker at North Albury provided they play the full year. Kosi has gone to Wang I think and will play 10 games. The dickheads are flying him and his family up for each game. Waste of money that would be better spent on promoting local youth

Don't mind the idea of a Sunday game to draw a crowd but have reservations about these mercenary players shopping themselves around and various leagues encouraging it. Don't mind Fev at the Pigeons or Aker at North Albury provided they play the full year. Kosi has gone to Wang I think and will play 10 games. The dickheads are flying him and his family up for each game. Waste of money that would be better spent on promoting local youth

Kosi is playing for Lavington and is returning there due to him being from the area. By all reports he has been heavily involved in pre season and his new team mates are loving having him. He will be more worthwhile than a lot of recruits across all of Victoria

True but it does not stop Bentleigh or any club doing the same whether it is this year or next year. I assume Fev can play on a Saturday or a Sunday? If so Clayton can advertise it for a Saturday and they will still get a decent crowd. This is a positive for the game and everyone should get on board.

True but it does not stop Bentleigh or any club doing the same whether it is this year or next year. I assume Fev can play on a Saturday or a Sunday? If so Clayton can advertise it for a Saturday and they will still get a decent crowd. This is a positive for the game and everyone should get on board.

Just thinking out loud here, but from my recollection Fev plays for Yarrawonga on Saturdays & maybe one off games on a Sunday, hence maybe Clayton wanting the game of a Sunday for his availabilty??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thinking out loud here, but from my recollection Fev plays for Yarrawonga on Saturdays & maybe one off games on a Sunday, hence maybe Clayton wanting the game of a Sunday for his availabilty??
The Big Fev isn't going to play 2 games on a weekend, he can hardly run out of sight on a dark night. He gets $5,000.00 a game at the Pigeons so if he were to miss one up there Clayton would have to pay a similar or greater amount. Tipping he'd view the coach similarly to the Irish barman

Tunnas will b a better side then last year picked up a few talented young blokes . Could do with a couple of bigs and a touch of experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooks to Springvale Districts. Rumour has it that the papers were signed before they had hit the desk;)

It appears that John Bennett has gotten his son Josh to Heatherton afterall. Not a bad pickup by the Tunners to get the leading NEAFL goal kicker from Ainslie.

Beeny hinted all year that he was returning & it seems that its come true, will be hard to stop up forward one would think

Will be playing 99% of the season at Sandy VFL. Only back at Heatherton if there is a bye I'd say.
Tend to agree but he'll be like the Point Lonsdale Lighthouse as the only shining light up forward and not getting a lot of the ball as opportunities may be scarce

An update on players in vs players out for Div 1 next year (so far)

Hard to gauge quality, but good to see numbers indicating a stronger comp overall

Club.................Players In....Players Out
Bentleigh............9................3
Chelsea Heights...7................13
Clayton..............7 ...............14
Cheltenham........10..............4
Dingley..............21 ............10
East Brighton......9...............7
East Malvern......15 ............3
Heatherton........12..............6
St Kilda..............7 ..............6
St Pauls.............7...............5

Last edited: