SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard they were offended from the arrogance and lack of respect from dingley and were licking their lips at playing them in a GF and was rapt that they thought because Francis beat up on undersized full backs throughout the year dingley didn't know he was sure to fail against a quality full back in Bowman

I had a quick look at this last week, some interesting stats...

10 games vs. top 5 teams = 29 goals (inc. bag of 10 vs Chelsea Heights) at an average of 2.9
10 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 55 goals at an average of 5.5

It was a similar tale in the Reserves with Feehan, but his boys got the job done...congrats to the Dingoes ressies!

10 games vs. top 5 teams = 33 goals at an average of 3.3
10 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 61 goals at an average of 6.1

I had a quick look at this last week, some interesting stats...

10 games vs. top 5 teams = 29 goals (inc. bag of 10 vs Chelsea Heights) at an average of 2.9
10 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 55 goals at an average of 5.5

It was a similar tale in the Reserves with Feehan, but his boys got the job done...congrats to the Dingoes ressies!

10 games vs. top 5 teams = 33 goals at an average of 3.3
10 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 61 goals at an average of 6.1

The only stat worth taking notice of in both cases is the goal tally.

84 goals and 94 goals respectively, 2 great efforts by any measure. All other full forwards were playing against the same undersized full backs, how did they go by comparison to the 2 Dingley Boys?

No doubt they had great years, full credit to both. Was just adding some stats to gotcha1's post...

Here you go...
T.Ridgway
11 games vs. top 5 teams = 28 goals at an average of 2.55
8 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 25 goals at an average of 3.13

L.James
10 games vs. top 5 teams = 27 goals at an average of 2.70
7 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 26 goals at an average of 3.71

P.Nicholls (plays at CHF – only played FF once vs East Malvern, kicked 8)
9 games vs. top 5 teams = 13 goals at an average of 1.44
10 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 34 goals at an average of 3.40

C.Graham
9 games vs. top 5 teams = 20 goals at an average of 2.22
8 games vs. bottom 5 teams = 23 goals at an average of 2.88

Last edited:

Clearly shows James is the best full forward and player in the comp, kicks goals In finals and has been doing that year after year, no doubt if you went through all the full forwards in the AFL they are going to average more goals against the lesser sides that's just how it is, most of the time your full forward is only as good as your midfield delivery. Also we'll done Vampires Cleary deserved the flag and they are a great bunch of blokes. Douthie and Dahl has stamped there authority on the comp and show they are true A graders and stand up when it needed on the other hand Dingly we'll there seriously needs to be some changers down there. I'm 100% certain Moorwood is the most overrated coach in the comp just because he played AFL doesn't mean his a good coach. Dingly players to soft and weak as piss everyone knows that, maybe they should * off some of there young players that there paying big bucks and recruit some tuff nuts because for 3 years know all these kids who are meant to be men and are on decent coin just don't cut it, good players against ya heathertons and East Malven but when it comes to the big stage no where to be seen. Might be a bit harsh but I have followed this league for a fair while know but I just call it how I see it. I hope Dingly Arn't satisfied with there year because I certainly wouldn't, in saying that they made a grand final so Everything is not doom and gloom but there final series was piss poor

Clearly shows James is the best full forward and player in the comp, kicks goals In finals and has been doing that year after year, no doubt if you went through all the full forwards in the AFL they are going to average more goals against the lesser sides that's just how it is, most of the time your full forward is only as good as your midfield delivery. Also we'll done Vampires Cleary deserved the flag and they are a great bunch of blokes. Douthie and Dahl has stamped there authority on the comp and show they are true A graders and stand up when it needed on the other hand Dingly we'll there seriously needs to be some changers down there. I'm 100% certain Moorwood is the most overrated coach in the comp just because he played AFL doesn't mean his a good coach. Dingly players to soft and weak as piss everyone knows that, maybe they should **** off some of there young players that there paying big bucks and recruit some tuff nuts because for 3 years know all these kids who are meant to be men and are on decent coin just don't cut it, good players against ya heathertons and East Malven but when it comes to the big stage no where to be seen. Might be a bit harsh but I have followed this league for a fair while know but I just call it how I see it. I hope Dingly Arn't satisfied with there year because I certainly wouldn't, in saying that they made a grand final so Everything is not doom and gloom but there final series was piss poor

You make some fair points and lets be perfectly clear, no one at Dingley is happy about yesterday.
East Brighton were on another level and beat us easily and good luck to them, they deserve to be premiers.
Everyone knows Dingley are as Weak as P do they? Our blokes haven't taken a backward step all year. Easy for you to sit back in judgement and be a keyboard hero. Your comments about Morwood are moronic, he is as good a coach as anyone in this league and others. Your comments about the young blokes are even more moronic because they bleed for the club and they aren't going anywhere. Certainly a couple of bigger, bodies are required. And lets remember that we did make the Grand Final so to say our entire Final Series was PP is again off the mark.

Clearly shows James is the best full forward and player in the comp, kicks goals In finals and has been doing that year after year, no doubt if you went through all the full forwards in the AFL they are going to average more goals against the lesser sides that's just how it is, most of the time your full forward is only as good as your midfield delivery. Also we'll done Vampires Cleary deserved the flag and they are a great bunch of blokes. Douthie and Dahl has stamped there authority on the comp and show they are true A graders and stand up when it needed on the other hand Dingly we'll there seriously needs to be some changers down there. I'm 100% certain Moorwood is the most overrated coach in the comp just because he played AFL doesn't mean his a good coach. Dingly players to soft and weak as piss everyone knows that, maybe they should **** off some of there young players that there paying big bucks and recruit some tuff nuts because for 3 years know all these kids who are meant to be men and are on decent coin just don't cut it, good players against ya heathertons and East Malven but when it comes to the big stage no where to be seen. Might be a bit harsh but I have followed this league for a fair while know but I just call it how I see it. I hope Dingly Arn't satisfied with there year because I certainly wouldn't, in saying that they made a grand final so Everything is not doom and gloom but there final series was piss poor

Toilet Cleaner, did you watch the prelim? If so, I would have thought Ridgway changed your opinion of him from your previous post?

Dingley's game plan seems to suit those of a front runner, but against a tough team and press it can come undone pretty quickly when the ball movement slows up and they aren't getting their hands on it.

With regards to toughness, whilst I think us and East Brighton are generally a bit tougher at the football, I sure didn't see them take a backward step whatsoever in the prelim in terms of contested football.

They would be disappointed not winning the flag after losing only 1 game during the home and away season but they are young and as I said will learn from it.

East Brighton deserved to get their second flag, Dingley's time will come

Not a keyboard warrior just call it how I see it. How his son gets a game is beyond a joke then names him best on ground. Why spend so much money on a coach look at EB and STP both have coaches that are past premiership players of the club doubt they would be on as much $$ as Morrwood actually you have halve Morrwoods paycheck and it still would be easierly more than any of those 2 coaches, throw in butterfeild from Chelt doubt he would be on big coin as a past player my opinion is Shane Morrwood is not that f*cking good. Seen him talk during intervals and didnt rate it. Went out to see him talk in the 1st quarter and I know I'm harsh but all he did was talk about his son it was sickening then read an article the week before he basically said when St Paul's were 20 points up in the last quarter with 15 minutes on the clock that he had gave up, won 1 final out of 3 games and they just won. They deffently had a good home and away season but there finals were woeful and it's all good when your gun juniors come through to seniors but you have to ask yourself are you getting the value for the cash the supporters and committee fork out?? I don't think so Just my opinion I know I'm harsh but as I said I call it how I see sorry if it cuts deep. Better say one positive thing Walmesly is a gun clearly showed he is one Dingly player that isn't intimated and won the pre lim off his own boot. That bloke is a star. Best Final series from a player I've ever seen in the SFL.

and no I don't change my opinion Ridgeway not the 7th Best player in the comp. Stand by my comments did have a solid prelim. 4 goals ain't that good champ still looks far from fit looks lazy but boy can the bloke play hate to see him fully fit. Seen it before and kicked a ton and won VAFA A grade goal kicking. Deffently know he isn't as good as he was then he was frightening. Would chase his arse off to tackle aswel, you being a St. Paul's supporter Tell me how you rate 1. his season out of 10. 2. Final series out of 10. 3. Defensive pressure out of 10. Fitness out of 10. And where you rank him in the comp I say
1. 6/10
2. 5/10
3. 2/10
4. 3/10
I doubt he would be a hard trainer looks like a bloke that just relies on talent and he is extremely talented might I add. No doubt he is a star just got a few knocks on him. If he had the work rate he would proberly be playing VFL seniors and being looked at by AFL clubs. Hate seeing good local footballers not fully applying themselves believe that young Cathcart is Quite similar

and no I don't change my opinion Ridgeway not the 7th Best player in the comp. Stand by my comments did have a solid prelim. 4 goals ain't that good champ still looks far from fit looks lazy but boy can the bloke play hate to see him fully fit. Seen it before and kicked a ton and won VAFA A grade goal kicking. Deffently know he isn't as good as he was then he was frightening. Would chase his arse off to tackle aswel, you being a St. Paul's supporter Tell me how you rate 1. his season out of 10. 2. Final series out of 10. 3. Defensive pressure out of 10. Fitness out of 10. And where you rank him in the comp I say
1. 6/10
2. 5/10
3. 2/10
4. 3/10
I doubt he would be a hard trainer looks like a bloke that just relies on talent and he is extremely talented might I add. No doubt he is a star just got a few knocks on him. If he had the work rate he would proberly be playing VFL seniors and being looked at by AFL clubs. Hate seeing good local footballers not fully applying themselves believe that young Cathcart is Quite similar

St Pauls player not a supporter :p

Ridgy had a stress fracture in his foot which caused him issues all year, basically minimal training and has a sore spot on his foot that restricted his output so from that end to come second in the goal kicking was a very good effort.

His prelim was super, kicked 4 but had a hand in a fair few and was a real presence......fully fit would kick 80+ no issues.

The only stat worth taking notice of in both cases is the goal tally.

84 goals and 94 goals respectively, 2 great efforts by any measure. All other full forwards were playing against the same undersized full backs, how did they go by comparison to the 2 Dingley Boys?
That is where you are so wrong
The only stat worthwhile is how many goals he kicks against the top sides
Zero goals in 2 finals against bowman is woeful

That is where you are so wrong
The only stat worthwhile is how many goals he kicks against the top sides
Zero goals in 2 finals against bowman is woeful
Bowman is the best defender in the SFL by a long way so no surprise keeping Buddy goalless. From what I hear he's already being shopped around by Daddy but it would be a surprise if any Division 1 club would pick him up. Maybe Clayton they have a history of bad decision making

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowman is the best defender in the SFL by a long way so no surprise keeping Buddy goalless. From what I hear he's already being shopped around by Daddy but it would be a surprise if any Division 1 club would pick him up. Maybe Clayton they have a history of bad decision making

I heard Noble Park locked in?

From what you hear ha ha and that wouldn't be much, and which name are you using here as you have 6 accounts with big footy
Francis is staying at Dingley and they will bounce back next year having the youngest list in SFL it has been a great year in their development.
You will have to worry about all the players leaving East Brighton next year as I hear there will be many

From what you hear ha ha and that wouldn't be much, and which name are you using here as you have 6 accounts with big footy
Francis is staying at Dingley and they will bounce back next year having the youngest list in SFL it has been a great year in their development.
You will have to worry about all the players leaving East Brighton next year as I hear there will be many
The only blokes leaving are retiring. Throw Reid, Rayson and Hetherington into the mix and you might find the Vampires around the mark again. As a proven finals performer the Dingoes will be happy to retain Buddy. East have multiple premiership players something Dingley don't

As for the game on Sunday EB were far too good, and one man who I thought was best on was Barry Hope as their isn't too many harder players than him
The ruckman did what he liked and the back six won easy
Dingley only had a few winners with Morwood and Noodles being the best.
Having a great coach in Shane and the men behind him, they will be right up their again next year.
If what I hear so far with Bentleigh going to add 3 guns to their list, Clayton getting Davey ( Plus friends) and East Mavlern have already signed a few, the SFL will step up a level next year.

Last edited:
Not from the SFL but keep an eye on goings on due to past affiliations with some people involved at some clubs. Apologies if this mail already posted. McGarry back to St Pauls who look likely to pick up some other good talent. One in particular a gun from mid level VAFA club who would be a walk up ‘A’ grade player. Bolger and Walmsley to do VFL pre seasons at a strong stand alone club. A few EB boys (not Rayson) considering going back to their original VAFA club. Mordi making a play for a few more St Bedes boys. St Bedes relegated this year so these players are a fair chance to be enticed across.
Chelsea looking to come back in the SFL but are flat broke (as are Clayton and St Kilda City). Sth Districts also exploring SFL as an option. While happy in the VAFA the changing demographic of the area means all their juniors end up at old boys clubs and they cannot see themselves getting beyond the bottom grades in the foreseeable future. Unlikely to happen before 2016 if at all.
All above might be rubbish. Just passing on some of what I have heard.

Not from the SFL but keep an eye on goings on due to past affiliations with some people involved at some clubs. Apologies if this mail already posted. McGarry back to St Pauls who look likely to pick up some other good talent. One in particular a gun from mid level VAFA club who would be a walk up ‘A’ grade player. Bolger and Walmsley to do VFL pre seasons at a strong stand alone club. A few EB boys (not Rayson) considering going back to their original VAFA club. Mordi making a play for a few more St Bedes boys. St Bedes relegated this year so these players are a fair chance to be enticed across.
Chelsea looking to come back in the SFL but are flat broke (as are Clayton and St Kilda City). Sth Districts also exploring SFL as an option. While happy in the VAFA the changing demographic of the area means all their juniors end up at old boys clubs and they cannot see themselves getting beyond the bottom grades in the foreseeable future. Unlikely to happen before 2016 if at all.
All above might be rubbish. Just passing on some of what I have heard.

St Pauls also likely to pick up Bruno, but big call on McGarry
I can't see Chelsea coming into the SFL plus they have just signed BRENT Guerra
Clayton have signed Davey as playing coach
So are St Kilda City gone ?

what are they putting in the water for the young ones at bentleigh? 2 flags and 4 grand finals in 4 years for 18's/19's lads! Surely sitting mid table in div 1 now, they will be a serious threat in 4-5 seasons time! who are the kids we are likely too see making a serious impact in senior footy and what are there keys to success?

what are they putting in the water for the young ones at bentleigh? 2 flags and 4 grand finals in 4 years for 18's/19's lads! Surely sitting mid table in div 1 now, they will be a serious threat in 4-5 seasons time! who are the kids we are likely too see making a serious impact in senior footy and what are there keys to success?
I would be very doubtful any bentleigh 19s will be make an impact at SFL level you might get a few but at that age kids normally give it away it is a massive difference between boys and men and if any of those 19s were any good they would already be playing seniors, especially when your 1st are sitting mid table. And the under 19 Standerd ain't that flash, if you are looking for some good young kids you would see them in the VAFA who have a great under 19 program. One thing SFL has always been known for its lack of young talent. I couldn't name you 10 kids under 21 who are going to be stars of the SFL or who have made there Mark the only one I can think of is Jay Bruno from St Kilda City was a star at a young age

St Pauls also likely to pick up Bruno, but big call on McGarry
I can't see Chelsea coming into the SFL plus they have just signed BRENT Guerra
Clayton have signed Davey as playing coach
So are St Kilda City gone ?

Don’t know enough about the clubs in question to be in position to substantiate but the mail on McGarry seemed pretty good. St Kilda City battling but not to the extent they are ‘gone’. Big appointments at Clayton and Chelsea. Seems common knowledge both clubs are struggling so you would hope they can recover on the back of these appointments.

Bruno a possibility back at St Pauls.

McGarry is good mates with Ambrose & Allan so no reason why he wouldn't also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back