SFL Division 3 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I here Mimo is back at the Kangas. Clearance lodged today

Yeah, I spoke to Mimo's cousin on Thursday at the gym, said he would play most of the year... He has been out of the game for the best part of 3 years though... Still a pretty good get for moorabbin

Yeah, I spoke to Mimo's cousin on Thursday at the gym, said he would play most of the year... He has been out of the game for the best part of 3 years though... Still a pretty good get for moorabbin

let,s just wait and see what sort of physical shape he is in .

Played the last half of the 2010 season at moorabin, so if the clearance needed to be lodged, he must have played somewhere last year. For saying he didn't play anywhere start of 2010, he looked pretty damn good at the end of 2010 (apart from the not chasing / not caring / yelling at team mates for horrible delivery part).

As for Moorabin in general, David Sheehan is a huge pickup and I'd be more worried about him than Mimo. I'd even suggest it probably makes them favourites for the flag in my book.

Hills took Mount to 3pts in the seniors and 5pts in the Ressies.

Good Effort for E/Hills yesterday, did Mount have anyone out? What about Sandown who went down to the Eagles by 5 goals. Sandown were talking themselfs up this season and said they would win the flag. Still a long way to go though.

You are probably across the following from Matt Duck which makes me think you are not. If the clubs are against this they need to get off their bums and make sure it doesnt happenned. As I said earlier there is one board member ( who has done a lot of good for comp ) that wont let it go.
Whilst the League is similar to many others in terms of adopting a Promotion/Relegation system, it has differed to many other leagues in that currently only one side per division is promoted, and only one side per division is relegated each season.

The League has recently undergone an extensive review of its Promotion/Relegation system, with the Board (and in particular the Football Operations Committee) engaging in robust discussion and research on the merits of our current system as opposed to systems implemented in other competitions across many sports and countries.

On the basis of these extensive discussions, the decision has been made to this year alter the Promotion/Relegation system to a ‘2 up, 2 down’ system.

At the conclusion of the 2012 season, two teams will be promoted from Division 3 to Division 2 and two teams from Division 2 to Division 1, whilst two teams will be relegated from Division 1 to Division 2 and two teams from Division 2 to Division 3.

We reiterate this decision has been made after lengthy consideration on the back of strong evidence and research from other competitions here and abroad that supports the implementation of a similar process.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

This is what has come out from Wayne today 26/04/2012 so make sure your clubs send back there answer as NO
Clearly, given the recent communication we have received from clubs, our level of consultation appears to have not been broad enough. This was clearly an error on our part and we regret not seeking the views of all member clubs prior to making the decision. We apologise.

Accordingly, after considering the submissions made by several member clubs against the decision, the Board has resolved to take a poll of member clubs with respect to the “two up/two down” system.

I would appreciate one member representing your club responding to this email with a simple ‘YES’ you support the “2 up/2 down” change or ‘NO’ you wish to retain the one up and one down system.

The poll results will then be reviewed and taken into account by the Board, who will then make their decision based on the result of the poll.

If you would kindly respond by close of business Friday 4th May 2012 that would be appreciated.

lol Some clubs need to harden the fk up

I guess the prospect of having Doveton get to Div 2...after they voted to keep them in has them running scared. Well done presidents of Divs 1 and 2.

It appears to me that the issue with the two up/ two down argument isn't about 2 clubs going up its about the 2 clubs dropping down.

As a member of a new football club, and personally speaking (NOT on behalf of the club) i would prefer to see the club move forward in the competition rather than stay stagnate in division 3. Not to mention the reputation of division 3 isn't the best in the wider football community.

Hypothetically we may be 5 years away from a premiership but only 3 from a grand final. Doesn't that improvement from a club warrant a rise into a higher division.

I understand that some clubs have worked tirelessly to get their clubs into division 1 or 2, but in most cases the two grand finalists are the best two teams in the division, and the runner up is normally there abouts until they win one.

EG Mount Waverly have been arguably the best side in division 3, only losing a handful of games in the past 5 season. Surely they deserve to go up and have a bit more of an even spread in the comp.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Also End Hills aren't happy starting the season 2-0. But we are happy with the level of improvement and depth at a club in only its second year.

Remembering that MT Waverly beat us in round 18 last year by a combined score of over 300 points.

To get with in 2 goals in both the seniors and reserves shows a massive improvement and a club going forward.

We will see where your club is in 5 years.

Round 3 Tips:

Tipped a couple of winners last week but still very much trying to get a handle on the teams.

Dandenong played pretty well against the Bears and moved the ball with a bit more precision.Caulfield squandered a lot of opportunities and had a terrible 2nd quarter.

Bears are still a bit of a work in progress after last season but definitely showed improvement against Dandenong and should get better as the season goes on.

Good ground out at Dandy!

Tips in capitals.

SANDOWN vs Mt. Waverley (Sandown by 18 pts)
Hallam vs DOVETON EAGLES (Doveton by 30 pts)
CAULFIELD vs Ashwood (Caulfield by 1 pt)
ENDEAVOUR HILLS vs Lyndale (Endeavour Hills by 8pts)
Dandenong vs MOORABBIN (Moorabbin by 16pts)

Good luck on the weekend!

Tips for tommorrow:

Sandown vs Mount Waverley - Mount Waverley by 5
Hallam vs Doveton - Doveton by 90 :cool:
Caulfield vs Ashwood - Ashwood by 32
Endeavour Hills vs Lyndale - Endeavour by 23
Dandenong vs Moorabbin - Moorabbin by 17

Magoos

Sandown vs Mount Waverley - Sandown by 11
Hallam vs Doveton - Doveton by 200+ :D
Caulfield vs Ashwood - Ashwood by 50
Endeavour Hills vs Lyndale - Endeavour by 60
Dandenong vs Moorabbin - Dees by 42

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bears over Ashwood by 19pts.

I couldn't make it down but that's the score I got.

Good work boys, especially for Joffa's 200th game! :)

mount were mising there #1 ruck (becroft), #1 onballer (dennis) and #1 back (robertson) just frmo loking at teh squads on sfl wbesite

gud to see sheedy bak at cobras and turbo playin first game for the year... shuld meld together well over teh course of the year

e-hills seem to be prety happy about starting the season 0-2... they will finish higher than last year, but still wont make finals

flag is between kangas and doveton, absolute daylight to the rest of the comp

Cheers mate, great to be back, but still got a couple more games before i'm back in the middle! Missed a lot of footy.

In regards to the last statement, there was probably daylight between mount waverley and Sandown and the rest of the competition for the first part of last year.
There are so many factors ie; injury etc and sometimes teams just have bad days.

Last week we put up a terrible performance and a serious lack of effort and got well beat by a team that was ready on the day. Today we turned it around and had 22 players doing their part for the team and had a good win.

Southern Dragons only just made the finals last year, winning only 8 (maybe 9) games. They peaked at the right time of the year.

I think the competition this year though, is a lot tighter and we are seeing some mixed results!

Was anyone at the Lyndale vs Sandown yesterday? I heard a rumor that after the reserves game had finished a spectator jumped the fence and started an all in brawl and both benches were empty, Can someone from the game please say what had happened as i said it was a rumor i had heard.

I was getting ready for the seniors, but from what I heard 2 lyndale players dropped one of our boys on the boundry line. Our player didn't like the dirty treatment and retaliated (no punches, just wrestling) then lyndales interchange ran to the other side to get in on the action (so they had 22 on the field). Apparently a couple of our supporters were pushing the lyndale players away but were doing so on the supporters side of the fence. This is all that I know. I do know that these supporters have been spoken to and that it will not be tolerated at our club. We do not encourage this behaviour.

Culture on and off field is something we now pride ourselves on and was the turning point for this club. At sandown we play tough, contested footy but play the ball, not the man which can not be said about some of the cheap shots that were delivered in the seniors match.

I was getting ready for the seniors, but from what I heard 2 lyndale players dropped one of our boys on the boundry line. Our player didn't like the dirty treatment and retaliated (no punches, just wrestling) then lyndales interchange ran to the other side to get in on the action (so they had 22 on the field). Apparently a couple of our supporters were pushing the lyndale players away but were doing so on the supporters side of the fence. This is all that I know. I do know that these supporters have been spoken to and that it will not be tolerated at our club. We do not encourage this behaviour.

Culture on and off field is something we now pride ourselves on and was the turning point for this club. At sandown we play tough, contested footy but play the ball, not the man which can not be said about some of the cheap shots that were delivered in the seniors match.

Your player threw an elbow that started the fight, your oldest player in the reserves was throwing his feet around in the middle of it and one of your thirds players reached over the fence and grabbed a Lyndale player by the throat. I wasn't getting ready to play so I could plainly see it. I am not saying that Lyndale had nothing to do with it, it was a very poor end to an otherwise hard but fair game.
You talk culture? Your players were walking all over the field with grog, one of the guys was clearly intoxicated entered the Lyndale huddle at 3/4 time and physically threatened a Lyndale player.
People in glass houses should not throw stones

Comments like this really piss me off! (WHY )are you even commenting on the incident when you didnt even see it. Fact! 2 lyndale players dropped one of your boys is absoloute crap! It was a double tackle one was a high tackle definatly, a free no question! and one of your guys took offense to it (he doesnt need to be named) he came running in no punches is correct, but the elbow to the side of the kids face one of the smallest guys on the ground oh hang on! you fail to mention that. THAT is what sparked the all in. The lyndale bench running to the other side?? other side of what ? it happend in front of the sandown bench both boxes are on the same side of the ground so none of them crossed the boundary as you claim. They only got involved when the supporters where leaning over the fence. FACT! None of the supporters from sandown from what i saw threw a punch and a couple were pushing the players away this is True. But supporters should never make contact with players in the first place it only fuelled the incident. As for cheap shots during the seniors match are you referring to the the shepherd you copped that was admittadly high? you didnt go down you went off for a couple of minutes and dont even try to say the bump on shay that winded him was dirty it was right in front of the ump and just a good bump. I was with some of your blokes and they all said good bump So dont get on here and take little cheap shots trying to make something out of nothing and stir s**t up if you dont have your facts straight! There were no fights in the ones it was a good contest and sandown clearly domintated the game. And one last thing, if you want to go on about culture some of the comments made to kreppy from one or two supporters, definatly not all, it was only one or two were an absoloute disgrace! so have a word to those blokes !

Comments like this really piss me off! (WHY )are you even commenting on the incident when you didnt even see it. Fact! 2 lyndale players dropped one of your boys is absoloute crap! It was a double tackle one was a high tackle definatly, a free no question! and one of your guys took offense to it (he doesnt need to be named) he came running in no punches is correct, but the elbow to the side of the kids face one of the smallest guys on the ground oh hang on! you fail to mention that. THAT is what sparked the all in. The lyndale bench running to the other side?? other side of what ? it happend in front of the sandown bench both boxes are on the same side of the ground so none of them crossed the boundary as you claim. They only got involved when the supporters where leaning over the fence. FACT! None of the supporters from sandown from what i saw threw a punch and a couple were pushing the players away this is True. But supporters should never make contact with players in the first place it only fuelled the incident. As for cheap shots during the seniors match are you referring to the the shepherd you copped that was admittadly high? you didnt go down you went off for a couple of minutes and dont even try to say the bump on shay that winded him was dirty it was right in front of the ump and just a good bump. I was with some of your blokes and they all said good bump So dont get on here and take little cheap shots trying to make something out of nothing and stir s**t up if you dont have your facts straight! There were no fights in the ones it was a good contest and sandown clearly domintated the game. And one last thing, if you want to go on about culture some of the comments made to kreppy from one or two supporters, definatly not all, it was only one or two were an absoloute disgrace! so have a word to those blokes !

Ok, first of all, I was jut sharing what information I heard when "here_we_go" asked if anyone heard anything about it. When I said "dropped" I didn't say he was punched or anything of the like, I just said he wasn't happy with the treatment and retaliated (only by wrestling). Yes, supporters should stay out of it and as I said, these supporters have been spoken too.

In regards to the seniors, I believe it was your captain that raised his elbow in the sheppard that was caught in the neck. I didn't see the bump on shay, I
Did see one of your players kick the legs of one of our players, tripping him though, as I said cheap shots.

The intoxicated supporter should not have been served alcohol if that was the case, and it is very hard to control supporters as a club.

Anyway, let's let it be. There was nothing to dramatic, and their is no animosity drom anyone at our club towards lyndale at all. I quite enjoyed the contest on the weekend and most of the blokes down there are quite good guys!

All our attention is now on the improving endeavour hills and no doubt you guys are looking forward to taking on Hallam.

Going by who has played who, anyone wanna make any early finals predictions?

The intoxicated supporter should not have been served alcohol if that was the case, and it is very hard to control supporters as a club.

If our culture is so bad, why is it that your gun recruit wants o come and play for us???
Culture on and off field is something we now pride ourselves on and was the turning point for this club. They are your words, surely spectator behavior is part of that.

From the view at the top it didn't appear to be a raised elbow, in fact while you were rolling around on the ground Sandown supporters were yelling get up.
Both clubs are going to have differing views as to what was cheap or in play and just leave it at that. I just think it is a little high and mighty to think that your club is without any blame whatsoever.
Gun recruit? None here at Lyndale, every player treated the same

Thank you for everyone who answered my question, i wasnt there so cant comment. I was at another game and the rumors going around at the ground always get blown out of the water and made to sound worse. Sorry for asking people, lets have a close compettion in 2012. ANY STAND OUTS YET?

Moorabbin, Doveton, Sandown.

Jury is still out on Dandy, Caulfield and Ashwood.

And Mount, are well...Mount.

What the go with Moorabbin? Not many people on here rated them before the season started? Did they pick up many recruits?

A for finals predictions( a bit of a cop out I know) not sure where everyone is at until each team has played one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back