SFL Division 3 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big congratulations to Matty O' from the doveton footy club for taking out the league B&F. Well deserved winner.
Some big news coming from black rock that they may well be dropping to divy 3. With them dropping down with south yarra, carrum also joining the league, and a news that a divy 2 club is 100% leaving the sfl to goto the ammos, that will leave 9 teams in divy 2 and 11 in divy 3...
Anyone heard how they will structure this?

The story that was circulating around earlier this year was that the top 2 Div 3 teams were being promoted, but I haven't heard anymore about it. I guess the SFL is waiting to confirm the Southern Dragons situation before making a decision. It could be that we might be seeing you also next year in Div 2 danielhm1? I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks

The story that was circulating around earlier this year was that the top 2 Div 3 teams were being promoted, but I haven't heard anymore about it. I guess the SFL is waiting to confirm the Southern Dragons situation before making a decision. It could be that we might be seeing you also next year in Div 2 danielhm1? I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks

I hope that's not the case. As much as I want to be playing a higher division and also have the cobras in divy 2 (and one day in divy 1!) it would be disappointing being promoted and having no silverware to show for it. If we get promoted, it should be because we were the best in divy 3, not just 'close enough'
The cobras have turned from being a basket case, into one of the biggest clubs (in terms of players / supporters) in 2012. Still a lot needs to be done before we make that step and plans are in place to do so.

The SFL cannot force us to go up and I'm confident that our board would vote on staying down. We got to the grand final in overtime by a point, it could of very well have been doveton that got to the big one.

Any ideas on the team off the year for this year

Ill have a crack at this like I did last year.

B: Mark Frenken (Sandown) Nathan Coe (Moorabbin) Sean Williams (Ashwood)
HB: Hayden Schipper (Moorabbin) Paul Wineberg (Ashwood) Gavin Blizzard (Ashwood)
C: Jake Chapman (Sandown) Jason Toan (Sandown) Matt Maginnes (Ashwood)
HF: Christopher Hatfield (Dandenong) Matthew Johansson (Moorabbin) Shane Cosstick (Sandown)
F: Sam Parlapiano (Doveton) Clinton Sheedy (Sandown) Harry Harcourt (Moorabbin)
Foll: Jarrod Wilkin (Mt Waverley) Corrie Wilson (Doveton) Matthew O'Callaghan (Doveton)
I/C: Shannon Deszcz (Lyndale) John Frenken (Sandown) Daniel Batson (Endeavour Hills)Daniel Atkin (Dandenong)
Coach: I'm pretty Bias in this department ;)

South Yarra staying up in Div 2 looks to be the firming favourite
So south yarra staying up and black rock coming down?

Should be a good year next year. The competition will be stronger again. I have heard a few rumours about carrum. Heard from a few people that they will "take it out easy"
Its not as easy in the first year, we heard the same about hallam recruiting all these guns and were gonna be playing finals first year. They have picked up a couple of of handy players already, most notable is John Hynes as playing assistant. But it takes more than a few guns. We will just have to wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi guys. just wanna get some feedback about Lyndale what happen this year? and how they will go next and there new Coach ? thanks guys

Taken from the BRFC website;

Black Rock Football Club
Due to a beach of By-law 7.1, the eight match points awarded to the Black Rock Football Club from on-field wins by Senior and Reserve Grade teams during the 2012 season have been awarded to the two opposition clubs involved in the respective fixtures.

The relevant part of By-law 7.1 reads as follows:
7.1 Point Allocation and match ratio calculations
(a) In the first round matches, four points will be allotted for a win, four points for a team in whose favour forfeit or walkover is ruled, two points for a draw and zero points for a loss. Where an affiliated Senior Club or affiliated Junior Club deemed to be not financial competes in a home and away match, four points will be awarded to the opposition club.
As a result of the removal of these eight points, the Black Rock Senior and Reserve grade teams finish tenth on the 2012 Division 2, Seniors and Reserve Grade ladders. As a consequence of finishing last in the 2012 Division 2 Senior Grade competition, the Black Rock Football Club will be relegated to Division 3 for season 2013.
In the 2012 Division 2 Senior Grade, the awarding of four points to the South Yarra Football Club (from Round 6) and Southern Dragons Football Club (Round 10) means the South Yarra Football Club now finishes in ninth place, whilst the Southern Dragons Football Club maintains eighth place. In the Reserve Grade competition, East Malvern Football Club receives four points from Round 9 and remains in ninth position.
Since the decision was communicated to the executive of the Black Rock Football Club, I have met with the club in relation to their future. I can report the meeting was positive and productive. The SFL administration team is working closely with the Black Rock Football Club to be satisfied they will be a viable SFL Member Club in Division 3 in season 2013. Further, that they are also prudently planning their on-field and off-field operations for future seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back