Multiplat Shadow of Mordor

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never really played anything but sports games until I got the PS4 but just sunk 45 hours into Far Cry and absolutely loved it.

Never been a big LOTR fan but this looks good enough that that wouldn't even matter.
I never watched LOTR but it didn't bother me.

The story is a bit eh, but it's not the sticking point of the game anyway.

Yep, the story isn't the main reason I'd buy it. As long as it's fun (and a bit challenging), I'm keen.
It'll be challenging at first.
But once you upgrade yourself, it'll get easier. Almost too easy. But the first 10 hours will be quite tough.

I agree.

Enjoy the game at the start as its ridiculously hard and you are essentially thrown to the wolves (orcs).

And you start enjoying the fact that you're getting stronger, but then the game gets ridiculous and it all becomes piss easy.

So what you're saying is your not gonna give it a chance?

I gave it 12 hours on Sunday and strained an eye, haha. Pretty good game once you get into it. The captains objective is brilliant. I love how they get promoted when you die and the cleverness of their internal fueds.

I agree.

Enjoy the game at the start as its ridiculously hard and you are essentially thrown to the wolves (orcs).

And you start enjoying the fact that you're getting stronger, but then the game gets ridiculous and it all becomes piss easy.
I find a good challenge is treating it as a Nuzlocke.
Try and go through the game without dying.
The best I did was get about 10 hours in.

Im tempted to give the no die-ing a try. Sounds like a pretty big challenge as its pretty tough early if you run into multiple captains
I found fighting the captains was fine.
The 2 places I'd struggle with in the first half were
1) When you come against the 6 or so hunters and the warg in the Gollum mission
2) When you go for the epic rune where you fight 6 hunters.

Other than that, I had minimal issues.

I found fighting the captains was fine.
The 2 places I'd struggle with in the first half were
1) When you come against the 6 or so hunters and the warg in the Gollum mission
2) When you go for the epic rune where you fight 6 hunters.

Other than that, I had minimal issues.
Fair enough I;m just remembering my first time playing when I didnt have the controls down pat but decided to try taking on my first captain. I had 3 of them jump me and slaughter me. They then seemed to follow me to every mission for the next half hour or so. Was tough till I figured out the weaknesses and stuff

Fair enough I;m just remembering my first time playing when I didnt have the controls down pat but decided to try taking on my first captain. I had 3 of them jump me and slaughter me. They then seemed to follow me to every mission for the next half hour or so. Was tough till I figured out the weaknesses and stuff
Yeah that happened to me once. First captain I saw was by accident, he killed me. Next like 3 times he got me too. When I killed him, holy s**t I was so happy

Then him and another captain I was struggling to kill came back from the head and killed me like twice again.

Game is great at building grudges haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16.5% completed now in my nuzlocke.
Haven't died yet, and I decided to do it without runes too.
I haven't done a 100% of my first one but I might be a nuzlocke later, sounds interesting for this game

I haven't done a 100% of my first one but I might be a nuzlocke later, sounds interesting for this game
Yeah, the first time I ever played the game, I couldn't get very far without dying.
Once you know the controls it gets a lot better.

Have had 2 'last stand' thingys and won them both.
I'm aiming to get maximum health/arrows/calm before doing the next main mission (follow Gollum)
not looking forward to facing the hunters and warg again.

It's one of 2 spots where I get close to dying most times.

My way to always fight these damn beasts was the arrow brand thing.
Could never beat em naturally.
Well, I could once I got my instant kill after 5 moves rather than 8. But I cant recall if that's from a rune or unlocked.

Yeah, the first time I ever played the game, I couldn't get very far without dying.
Once you know the controls it gets a lot better.

Have had 2 'last stand' thingys and won them both.
I'm aiming to get maximum health/arrows/calm before doing the next main mission (follow Gollum)
not looking forward to facing the hunters and warg again.

It's one of 2 spots where I get close to dying most times.

My way to always fight these damn beasts was the arrow brand thing.
Could never beat em naturally.
Well, I could once I got my instant kill after 5 moves rather than 8. But I cant recall if that's from a rune or unlocked.
Its an unlock and its awesome

In my main my current goal is to brand all captains and war chiefs

Its an unlock and its awesome

In my main my current goal is to brand all captains and war chiefs
I did that, then did a mission where you call upon the warchief to give him an order, but I did the thing you can kill them instantly, killed every single captain in one fell swoop with my wraith powers :p

Damn, nah I think I'm a fair way off it too. I need to complete more main missions to unlock it, but the only main missions I have left are to kill the chiefs :\

All attempts so far have ended in quick deaths
Male sure all his body guards are dead, try range killing any orcs around him then use their weakness. Things like fire work well if not immune. Also cattagores are good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back