Toast Shane Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Edwards during the winning streak
20.6 disposals, 11.2 contested possessions, only 5 turnovers (3 of which came today), 4.5 clearances, 1 goal assist per game and 8 goals all up.
. He is a great player love his work...his look away handpasses are second to none..

Making him sub against the Cats was the making of him. Well done Dimma.
It was the week before against the Brions . It's amazing how the blokes that got dropped for poor form are the ones that have improved the most

sheds
Pettard
grimes

It's a testament to Dimma as no coaches in the history of football have ever tried such risky tactics . What a visionary !!!

Some of his handballs are just freaky. His last 6 weeks have been exceptional. I'm really hoping he can nail this consistency down for another 150 games because his best is so good and he never stops running and harassing

It was the week before against the Brions . It's amazing how the blokes that got dropped for poor form are the ones that have improved the most

sheds
Pettard
grimes

It's a testament to Dimma as no coaches in the history of football have ever tried such risky tactics . What a visionary !!!
Was definitely the cats he was the sub. Gordon was the sub against the lions.

As I have said many times on this forum. This bloke's best work is around goals and he knows where they are and is a good crumbing forward who can spend patches of time up the ground. Has great evasive skills and will kick 1-2 goals per game. His in and under work has been great to watch over the last nine weeks and his hands are so clean in traffic. He does the little things which go unnoticed but we certainly do notice them at Tigerland. He also has a workmanlike attitude and gets the job done without any fuss or fanfare.

He reminds me of a former number 27 who played at Richmond many moons ago :) ;)

It's great to see Tich Edwards get into great form and I reckon he is not far away from having a stand out game.

Majority of his clearances are from stoppages too, absolutely vital around half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Edwards during the winning streak
20.6 disposals, 11.2 contested possessions, only 5 turnovers (3 of which came today), 4.5 clearances, 1 goal assist per game and 8 goals all up.

Great stats. Here's another:

11 disposals in the final. No where to be seen.

Great stat. Here's another:

22 players were nowhere to be seen in the final. Even Lids only got touches during junk time.

Wrong. A few stood up, the rest copped their right whack but not Sheds. He got a toast thread?

I had him amongst our worst given his form coming him and how poor he was. Let's see him carry this form across a whole season and finals not 8 or 9 games before we go pumping him up. Consistency has always been his problem. He's had these bursts of form before without carrying it on (not to this level, yes).

Wrong. A few stood up, the rest copped their right whack but not Sheds. He got a toast thread?

I had him amongst our worst given his form coming him and how poor he was. Let's see him carry this form across a whole season and finals not 8 or 9 games before we go pumping him up. Consistency has always been his problem. He's had these bursts of form before without carrying it on (not to this level, yes).

This thread was made before the final.

Sure, he was s**t on the day, but so was everybody else. Not a single player can hold their head up high for the first half - and anything that happened after that is irrelevant, because Port had already put the cue in the rack.

I agree that he needs to be more consistent (he always seems to start the year slowly), but singling him out for the final is just pointless when there were another 21 players who put in a shocker.

Thread was created before the finals to recognise the contribution he made to us getting there in the first place. You're right, he does need to carry it into next year, but I'm not going to bag him out right now for it.

Also to answer the other statement, players in the final that had less disposals than their average for the year (sorted by player number):
Brandon Ellis
Shaun Grigg
Jack Riewoldt
Trent Cotchin
Shane Edwards
Jake Batchelor
Ricky Petterd
Alex Rance
Ivan Maric
Troy Chaplin
Anthony Miles
Reece Conca
Nick Vlastuin
Steven Morris
Nathan Foley
15/22

Players that had more disposals in the final than their average for the year (sorted by player number):
Chris Newman
Dylan Grimes
Brett Deledio
Dustin Martin
Bachar Houli
Benjamin Griffiths
Nathan Gordon
7/22

No wonder Newman got another year.

Barney, it must have been frustrating for you during those nine weeks winning meaningless games. You must be thrilled we got belted in the final so you could unleash two months' worth of pent-up whinging.

sheds
Pettard
grimes
...Hampson...

As I have said many times on this forum. This bloke's best work is around goals
You've been wrong many times then.

Thread was created before the finals to recognise the contribution he made to us getting there in the first place. You're right, he does need to carry it into next year, but I'm not going to bag him out right now for it.

Also to answer the other statement, players in the final that had less disposals than their average for the year (sorted by player number):
Brandon Ellis
Shaun Grigg
Jack Riewoldt
Trent Cotchin
Shane Edwards

Jake Batchelor
Ricky Petterd
Alex Rance
Ivan Maric
Troy Chaplin
Anthony Miles
Reece Conca
Nick Vlastuin
Steven Morris
Nathan Foley
15/22

Yeah fair enough but people kept praising him. I dunno, find that odd. Bolded players are the ones who were way down, had shockers and were big reasons why we lost. The rest you're not going to get a massive rise in performance out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back