Toast Shane Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah fair enough but people kept praising him. I dunno, find that odd. Bolded players are the ones who were way down, had shockers and were big reasons why we lost. The rest you're not going to get a massive rise in performance out of it.
Because he had a good year?

To me the outlier in data is the final, not the 9 weeks before it.

I rate his hands as equal to anyone in the AFL. So smart and quick.

His only flaw is not getting it as much as you'd want... But if he did he'd be right up there with our elites.

I'd much rather a quality player who gets 20 posies than a hack who gets 30.

Always been a big fan of Sheds. Each year he seems to be getting more consistent & more involved in games for longer. I see no reason for this trend to slow. In fact he strikes me as the kind of player that, if given greater responsibilities/leadership role will take them very seriously & rise further to the challenge....

Last edited:
I just think he's a definitely confidence player. Read somewhere he was really nervous about playing football as a kid. He is one player where I think it is definitely all in the head IMO. Had a slow start to the year, which had people questioning his contract extension, but had a great second half (along with basically the whole team) which seems to have redeemed him in the eyes of many. Was he a catalyst in the revival? or did the team playing better as a whole help his own game? Probably a combination of the two. Hopefully he can take another step next year and have a consistent, full year.

It didn't even get nominated as one of the club's goals of the year, but Sheds' goal against Essendon, that started with him sharking a pack on defensive 50, right half-back, and starting that wave of handballs, ending with Griff snapping to the goal square and Sheds arriving to finish it off, was THE Richmond goal of the year. By a mile.

It didn't even get nominated as one of the club's goals of the year, but Sheds' goal against Essendon, that started with him sharking a pack on defensive 50, right half-back, and starting that wave of handballs, ending with Griff snapping to the goal square and Sheds arriving to finish it off, was THE Richmond goal of the year. By a mile.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. It was incredible running by Sheds. I don't know that too many people noticed that he started off that entire passage of play, which is maybe why that goal didn't get much mention. It was definitely top shelf though.

That's a great pick up. Just had a look at it myself, and you can just see at the bottom of the screen when Riewoldt has the ball, Edwards is running flat stick towards the goal square. Would of basically had to sprint 120 odd metres, then compose himself enough to use his body at the contest.

That's a great pick up. Just had a look at it myself, and you can just see at the bottom of the screen when Riewoldt has the ball, Edwards is running flat stick towards the goal square. Would of basically had to sprint 120 odd metres, then compose himself enough to use his body at the contest.
Would there be a link to this goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4th in the best and fairest. Good to see some people actually watch football.

Well done Eddy, what a champ.

To be fair to Barnzy, he has been terrible in both Elimination Finals. Needs to step up in the finals next year and win the a Norm Smith to repay us. ;)

That poor boy. My word, I do pray that something good becomes of him as unknowingly to both him and myself I ran into him at the pub today. A ghastly brat of a human being he was and was alarmingly linguistically lethargic, not at all unexpected from a player like him. I was hoping he would make up for his shortcomings as a player by being a competent human being but alas, I was sadly disappointed. Tigerland has a way of disappointing people, it has become an unfortunate habit over the past 20 years also. Do try and snap out of it won't you? Oh well, there is still hope for that rather luckless and hapless boy!

This post has left me more dazed than Dean Cox.

To be fair to Barnzy, he has been terrible in both Elimination Finals. Needs to step up in the finals next year and win the a Norm Smith to repay us. ;)

I can forgive him for the Carlton one. He wasn't the same after returning from his injury and probably shouldn't have been picked that year.

Roughead had a couple of bad finals early too, it's no reason to overreact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back