Toast Shannon 'Bunga' Hurn: Our new captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great choice. Go Bunga!

It may or may not effect his game. If it does, it's not necessarily a bad thing. There is a feeling that when North named Carey as captain it effected his game and that worked out pretty well for everyone.

Gee i hope it doesn't effect his game.

Part of me wishes it went to someone else just for the fact i'd like Hurn free to concentrate on his game and having a bigger impact.

Overall i'm glad he got the nod, well done Bunga
Yeah was just thinking how Glassy's game turned to s**t after he was made captain:cool:

Hurn is a natural leader he'll be fine and I think he relish the role.

Was the best choice imo

837696.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Shannon Hurn. He is well deserving of the captaincy. I wish him all the best in leading the Eagles

Yeah was just thinking how Glassy's game turned to s**t after he was made captain:cool:

Hurn is a natural leader he'll be fine and I think he relish the role.

Was the best choice imo

Apples with oranges Soze. I think everyone here would agree getting the ball into Hurns hands and trying to have him put a stamp on the game offensively is something we all really want. Personally i'd almost rather he just concentrated on that. Now there is the added pressure of being captain to go with the fact he gets tagged most weeks.

Glass was the obvious replacement, didn't have to worry about being tagged or getting the ball. Ya feel?

Apples with oranges Soze. I think everyone here would agree getting the ball into Hurns hands and trying to have him put a stamp on the game offensively is something we all really want. Personally i'd almost rather he just concentrated on that. Now there is the added pressure of being captain to go with the fact he gets tagged most weeks.

Glass was the obvious replacement, didn't have to worry about being tagged or getting the ball. Ya feel?
He played well when he was appointed captain last year, so i'm not too worried about it.

In fact, I think being forced to be a bit more vocal on and off field will get the best out of him.

There's no evidence to say that being a captain makes you worse at handling a tag or putting a stamp on the game offensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back