Toast Sharrod Wellingham Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Foggle

Debutant
Jul 12, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Let's rewind to 2013. Sharron Wellingham gets a little too enthusiastic with his trampoline tricks and injures his ankle. Our star recruit misses some games and when he returns he is underwhelming to say the least. Some say he's lazy. Others say he's still injured. Others just think he's no good. Either way, 2013 is a year to forget for Sharron Wellingham.

The year is 2014. Big things are expected now Sharron is over his ankle problem and has had a preseason to settle in. Another string of underwhelming performances sees him dropped. Laziness is one of the main causes for the sub par efforts. He returns into the side but again does not set the world on fire. 2014 is another disappointing year for Sharon and us fans start wondering if he will ever reach his best at 26.

2015. The last year of his 3 year contract has begun. Poor performances in the first 3 rounds have us worried. Fast forward to now, Sharron has changed his name to Sharrod and has been playing exceptional football reminiscent of Wirrapanda since round 4. In tandem with Commander Sheppard, Wellingham has made our backline a safe place again and sees off danger magnificently.

Let's all raise our glasses to Sharrod and toast him for this wonderful turnaround.

2530944-mass+effect+3+shepard.jpg

Sharrod pictured with Commander Sheppard (left)

He has been exceptional this year. Absolutely sublime skills.

In 2014, I called my Dreamteam "Sharrod's Hairstyles" to take the piss. Now I'm thinking of growing a top-knot myself out of admiration.

Absolutely a lot to like and has found his home on HB.

Let's hope it's more than just wanting a be contract that is seeing such good form.

Was told in the past that he wasn't enjoying his football as Simpson didn't give the players much opportunity to celebrate the wins, was very serious all the time and there wasn't much joy week to week. Hopefully he's enjoying himself more.

Where do you guys rank him in this years club B&F?

I have him around 7th at the moment just behind Gaff, Priddis, Kennedy, Shep, NN, Yeo

Was copping heaps of flak from a few supporters in the section I was in during the derby disaster (got my cousin's tickets - very rarely get to go along). I have had nothing but admiration for his efforts since that day. He along with several others have completely turned around since that day and my insides are getting warmer and juicier by the game.

He is boss at playing the ball when it falls to the ground after a contest or when competing with an opponent running toward the ball dribbling along the ground, and has been disposing it well (ie. embodying the improvement in the whole team).

You're OP is sexist by the way ;) (anyone for a thread debating sexism in football, raise your hands:D).

Edit: Hard to choose between Wellingham (consistency and disposal efficiency) and Cripps (consistency and pressure) for the seventh spot. In fact, either could be above Yeo but when you factor in Yeo's contested marking, he edges ahead. (Contested marks win games).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll bang ok?

Very impressed by Shep and Sharrod's form this year, and loving Mass Effect references!

I have him around 7th at the moment just behind Gaff, Priddis, Kennedy, Shep, NN, Yeo
I reckon schofield will be in the mix with that lot. MC would look kindly on his output given the role he has been thrust in to. Top 10 though.

In the predictions thread i wonder how many picked him to not be dropped to EP at some stage.

1. Priddis
2. LeCras
3. Naita
4. Kennedy
5. Gaff
6. Wellingham
7. McGovern
8. Yeo
9. Sheppard
10. Cripps

That's my top 10, McGovern might drop out because he will miss a number of games.

Was waiting for this thread. Been super impressive lately. Was easily best on ground against NM if I remember correctly, which is a good sign

Lets not go too far!
Let's not go too far here ;)

It seems the consensus is that I should not grow a Top Knot in honour of Sharrod. I didn't think it was too extreme. I wasn't going to get a full sleeve of tats in honour of that other bloke who plays for us (not sure his name, just a fan, not obsessed).

It seems the consensus is that I should not grow a Top Knot in honour of Sharrod. I didn't think it was too extreme. I wasn't going to get a full sleeve of tats in honour of that other bloke who plays for us (not sure his name, just a fan, not obsessed).
Too late its a complete necessity now. I demand a new cheer squad consisting of about 50 persons all sporting man buns that only cheer every time Wellers gets the ball.

Too late its a complete necessity now. I demand a new cheer squad consisting of about 50 persons all sporting man buns that only cheer every time Wellers gets the ball.

I wonder if you can buy hair extensions fashioned into neat little man-buns that I can just clip in. He'll probably have three new different hairstyles before I can actually grow it naturally myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back