Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the depth of the team I'm hoping Bon has Higgins on the tackling drill ALL pre-season. Like Rocky chasing around the chicken (not Boris) except it's stiff arms from Cunners. If he can hold 1 tackle for at least 1.5s by March his celebration will emulate Rocky's running up the steps in the Philadelphia.

Considering the depth of the team I'm hoping Bon has Higgins on the tackling drill ALL pre-season. Like Rocky chasing around the chicken (not Boris) except it's stiff arms from Cunners. If he can hold 1 tackle for at least 1.5s by March his celebration will emulate Rocky's running up the steps in the Philadelphia.
"pass it to me AND-DA-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW swallow"

Alternatively, have Sugar practice tackling on him for a while, then ask if he would like to do some tackling drills. If unsuccessful, rinse and repeat.

Apologies for getting back on topic - Higgins is a fantastic pick up but anchor him to the forward flank. he's a natural forward, and a dangerous one at that.

Looking at the Dogs, we could have given him a packet of Twisties, and he would have jumped at the chance.

Have to be one of the shittest cultures I have seen in a professional sporting team, ever.
Meaning no disrespect, we'd have accepted that for Higgins.

He was considered 'part of the problem' at the Bulldogs. Injury free, he's a fine player, and I'm sure he'll thrive at North where he'll be expected to earn the respect of the senior group and coaching staff, who are doing a fine job.

He was finished at Footscray, though. Apologies if this contradicts anything else I've had to say on the matter, but some new information has come to light and it doesn't sit all that comfortably with me that people perceive the deserters as being 'in the right', and the club as having done the wrong thing (which they have in some respects - Brendan McCartney should still be the coach of our club).

If I'm out of line for wanting to set the record straight, I sincerely apologize, but that's just my two cents.

All the best next year, I'll be rooting for you when you're not playing the Dogs, and I hope Shaun has a fine career at North.

He was considered 'part of the problem' at the Bulldogs. Injury free, he's a fine player, and I'm sure he'll thrive at North where he'll be expected to earn the respect of the senior group and coaching staff, who are doing a fine job.

He was finished at Footscray, though. Apologies if this contradicts anything else I've had to say on the matter, but some new information has come to light and it doesn't sit all that comfortably with me that people perceive the deserters as being 'in the right', and the club as having done the wrong thing (which they have in some respects - Brendan McCartney should still be the coach of our club).

If I'm out of line for wanting to set the record straight, I sincerely apologize, but that's just my two cents.

All the best next year, I'll be rooting for you when you're not playing the Dogs, and I hope Shaun has a fine career at North.
It's a shame what is happening ATM to your club, the coach should have stayed in my humble opinion. Best of luck and hopefully you can turn it around and FFs get a key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Griffen can GAGF. Disgraceful behaviour from someone the club trusted to make captain. Will go down as one of the worst captains in history, hope for GWS's sake they don't let him anywhere near their leadership group.

Appreciate the sentiments.

Odds are the senior players will be weeded out regardless - Cooney is rumoured to be Arden Street bound, Minson will be gone either this year or next, Griffen will be traded to GWS, and so on. It's a terrible shame that McCartney was forced out, as he was doing a terrific job.

You're spot on, Heaps of fun. The senior players have done it for generations, though. They equate inheriting more responsibility with inheriting the club as their own. And around and around the sick carnival ride goes.

But we love them! :confused:

Yes, Griffen can eat all of our shirts. I idolized him, and now he's looking at being potentially the most loathed player in Footscray history, which, particularly recently, is a pretty massive feat :p

Np mate, was having sly dig.

Appreciate the sentiments.

Odds are the senior players will be weeded out regardless - Cooney is rumoured to be Arden Street bound, Minson will be gone either this year or next, Griffen will be traded to GWS, and so on. It's a terrible shame that McCartney was forced out, as he was doing a terrific job.

You're spot on, Heaps of fun. The senior players have done it for generations, though. They equate inheriting more responsibility with inheriting the club as their own. And around and around the sick carnival ride goes.

But we love them! :confused:

Yes, Griffen can eat all of our shirts. I idolized him, and now he's looking at being potentially the most loathed player in Footscray history, which, particularly recently, is a pretty massive feat :p

Grouse reference.

V29XJgw.jpg
tumblr_l9i4abLVeD1qc073co1_400.gif

Minson will be gone either this year or next,

Holy s**t, I didn't realise Minson was 29. o_O
I had to Google his age to figure what the hell you were on about.

He also brings something that is extremely lacking at Nort, eye candy for the ladies.

"What about Swallow?" - Every woman that has ever existed and ever will exist.

030913_otb_ih.jpg

Holy s**t, I didn't realise Minson was 29. o_O
I had to Google his age to figure what the hell you were on about.
Oh, it's got nothing to do with his age.

Care to elaborate?
He was involved in a physical altercation with a player that is one of and very close with the younger players, after a series of comments that he shouldn't have made.

The perspective of the younger players and the administration is that he has to go, and if he stays for next year, he's on thin ice.

For what it's worth, he got his ass handed to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back