shaun higgins.

Remove this Banner Ad

If he wants too much coin I would be quite happy to see him go. He has a history of injury problems & that is likely to continue as he gets older.

We would probably get a 2nd Round pick as compensation should he go which I think would be fair enough.

Had potential to be a real star but his body has cruelled him & he will never reach the heights that he once promised.

Would be a good fit at a club like Hawthorn or Geelong which are likely to top up their list at the end of the season with an experienced FA while their Premiership Window is still open.

Everyone would love him, but dogs have shown way to much faith to him to just get up and leave, risk is injuries can come up for him.

Hawthorn have a couple of FWD/RUC types that Bulldogs would love - Grimley and Lowden. Higgins is right in the age range we would be looking at as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see something done.

Hawthorn have a couple of FWD/RUC types that Bulldogs would love - Grimley and Lowden. Higgins is right in the age range we would be looking at as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see something done.

The only one of your forward ruck types we would be interested in is Roughie. And there is no way that you are that stupid...

We have Campbell and Cordy rucking very well as a tandem act in the VFL this year, but who are also young ruckman (23 and 24). We used Jones, Roberts, Roughead (the other one) and Redpath as relief ruckman for Will Minson this year at times in the seniors. Grimley and Lowden are essentially the same age, but have played less at AFL level. I can't see us adding to the list of ruckmen behind Minson with another essentially untried prospect.

In either this draft or the next, we'll take another ruckman (possibly even as a rookie) and start the development process again. However, this development will be for the future, not the next year or so as Minson get older.

If all else fails, we'll just use Cooney..... (Dogs in-joke here)

If all else fails, we'll just use Cooney..... (Dogs in-joke here)

I'm worried Cooney's degenerative knee issues won't allow him to ruck anymore. His 100 per cent hitout and hitout to advantage record at centre bounces won't change.

He's a free agent out of contract, if you want him it won't be through a trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that North like the look of him, but nothing more than that. He'd certainly be worth a risk as a free agent, provided the coin he asks for is reasonable. I'd say he'd fit in well at a club like Hawthorn, North and maybe even Gold Coast.

Dogs need to keep him. Likely our next captain. Half-back is his spot.

I had a dream one night where Shaun Higgins was the Dogs next premiership captain. And that was, get this, before I was actually even aware that he existed. The Dogs narrowly beat Richmond in a Grand Final due to Jack Riewoldt missing a shot on the run with less than a minute to go. Dreams, I guess?

I had a dream one night where Shaun Higgins was the Dogs next premiership captain. And that was, get this, before I was actually even aware that he existed. The Dogs narrowly beat Richmond in a Grand Final due to Jack Riewoldt missing a shot on the run with less than a minute to go. Dreams, I guess?
do you remember if Riewoldt's miss was from a "joe the goose" pass?

You should put money on this. If you win then you'll get heaps of money. If you lose then you deserve it for making me get my hopes up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back