Shaun Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higgins is only 27 but with his injured past he plays like a 30+ yr old footballer
Too slow for us as we need a line breaker with speed off Half back and to swing Into the fwd line or even midfield
We already have a Higgins type in Knights who should be ready to go next year. Why double up on the same type of player
Can't believe all the noise I'm hearing over this guy. He's not going to improve our team so mission aborted IMO
This is why Ryan Okeefe isnt right for us.

He's 26. Not exactly 'just' entering his prime but more or less so in it. If he keeps up the continuity in his football I'm certain he will be more than serviceable. It's not like we have an abundance of silky skilled, classy half forwards on our list. This has been the biggest deficiency of ours for quite some time now.
At worst, he warrants attention from a decent defender in the forward line. At best, he is able to contribute with good I50 entries and a few goals. I'm not saying he will be the key to our success, but some of the responses on here regarding his footballing ability and such are over the top.
I've always liked Higgins as a neutral, injuries have been cruel to him but on recent form, some of his games this season has been astounding. Class doesn't disappear.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion though so carry on.

Bump

Higgins is about to turn 27 which means he is passing his peak.

Actually I will run off some better half forwards. Lennon, Dusty, Deledio, McDonough has to have a crack at some point, Lloyd and Edwards can be there at times.

Honestly, highlights how much we need ruck rover/winger types as opposed to flankers like Higgins
Higgins would be particularly handy at this point in time.
Lennon might get there eventually, but bolded are laughable.
Dusty plays majority of his game in the middle.
Deledio and Higgins together would be killing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back