Sheffield Shield: QLD vs VIC @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the 1-70 is just stellar I tell you lol...White ddid more with the ball and that says enough!
Biggest endorsement Peter Siddle will ever receive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously playing for the draw now. Need to bat until at least tea tomorrow.

Disappointing to find ourselves in this position. I'm not sure if they have given up all hope just yet though. I'd like to think their aim before lunch was to see off the new ball before cashing in this afternoon. If the pitch breaks up tomorrow, who knows. Perhaps many wickets could fall whilst the Vics are bowling in the final session. I may be hopeful but then again so was Princess Leia when she messaged Obi-wan.

Disappointing to find ourselves in this position. I'm not sure if they have given up all hope just yet though. I'd like to think their aim before lunch was to see off the new ball before cashing in this afternoon. If the pitch breaks up tomorrow, who knows. Perhaps many wickets could fall whilst the Vics are bowling in the final session. I may be hopeful but then again so was Princess Leia when she messaged Obi-wan.
I'd want to be putting the bad ball away but the rest is playing for the draw. There isn't a man I'd rather at the crease in Australia to be in right now ahead of Chris Rogers so that's a positive.

I'd want to be putting the bad ball away but the rest is playing for the draw. There isn't a man I'd rather at the crease in Australia to be in right now ahead of Chris Rogers so that's a positive.

Would have been interesting if Maxwell was in the side - though this could open up a new can of worms.

Would have been interesting if Maxwell was in the side - though this could open up a new can of worms.
Given Christian made 18 and bowled 0/48 off 8 in the first dig and their first dig I can't see how Maxwell would be anything but a positive this game.

Nah it would be interesting in seeing how Maxwell would bat if the team intention was to force a draw.

Am I right in thinking there was a similar game against NSW last season in which the Vics collapsed during the second innings with only Maxwell showing resistance? I recall his resistance entailed a run a ball century.

Am I right in thinking there was a similar game against NSW last season in which the Vics collapsed during the second innings with only Maxwell showing resistance? I recall his resistance entailed a run a ball century.

On the other hand it was a 6/9 and he just went on the attack. As you should at 6/9 because really you have incredible freedom to attack because it's the only possible move.

Not really a situation that is applicable elsewhere

Doesn't count because it doesn't matter that he made more than half the runs for Victoria that game because he was just slogging /Maxwell haters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back