Remove this Banner Ad

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know these two are intentionally batting for a draw, but how insipid are NSW's bowlers that they can't snare a single wicket after an extended day of 109 overs.

Good to see it happen to a 'big name' attack too. Sounds like Abbott was bowling hard all day though.

Fantastic performance, grind them into the dust

says a lot about western australian grade cricket when a guy who averaged over 40 in shield cricket can be such a weapon. WA should have all their points taken off them and be treated like SA should be
Tissue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mwahahaha NSW! Oh revenge is sweet :D
History says it's going to be tough to win the shield from second , but at least it keeps slim hope of bagging all 3 domestic titles including the big bash alive ( Would be the First State to do so too!) :) /go warriors

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bancroft has test potential, an opener in the Chris Rogers mould. His average doesn't do him justice

He's certainly made of the right stuff. I reckon he's very similar to Sam Robson in that regard in that he has the required patience and discipline, but they both do need to add a little bit more versatility to their game to ensure that they consistently succeed at the next level. Absolutely no reason why that can't happen though - Langer, Hussey and Rogers were all considered to have that same limitation in their earlier years but managed to eventually blow that perception out of the park.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/26678594/waca-will-fight-vics-shifty-final-switch/
“The team that finished first on the points table ... shall earn the right to host the final at a suitable first-class venue within its State,” it says. “Should the team waive this right, the choice shall be offered to the team that finished second.
Typical, following the rules only when it suits them. I'm ok with Bellerive but Manuka actually makes more sense (as Canberra don't have a state team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back