Sheffield Shield Round 2: South Australia Redbacks v Western Australia Warriors @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Round 2

South Australia Redbacks v Western Australia Warriors @ Adelaide Oval
Friday 6th November - Monday 9th November 2015

South Australia XIII (4th, 1.5 points)
  • Travis HEAD (c)
  • Nick BENTON
  • Tom COOPER
  • Mark COSGROVE
  • Callum FERGUSON
  • Jake LEHMANN
  • Tim LUDEMAN (+)
  • Joe MENNIE
  • Kane RICHARDSON
  • Alex ROSS
  • Kelvin SMITH
  • Chadd SAYERS
  • Adam ZAMPA
In: Benton, Lehmann, Sayers
Out: Daniel WORRALL (hamstring)

Western Australia XIII (1st, 8.2 points)
  • Shaun MARSH (c)
  • Ashton AGAR
  • Cameron BANCROFT
  • Tom BEATON
  • Jason BEHRENDORFF
  • Will BOSISTO
  • Marcus HARRIS
  • Michael HOGAN
  • Michael KLINGER
  • Simon MACKIN
  • David MOODY
  • Joel PARIS
  • Sam WHITEMAN (+)
In: Beaton, Bosisto, Hogan, Moody, Paris (FC debut)
Out: Mitchell JOHNSON, Mitchell MARSH, Adam VOGES (all Australian duty)

Friday 6 November
cloudy.png

Min 14 Max 23 Cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 20%
rain_20.gif

Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the morning. Winds southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning southerly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

Saturday 7 November
sunny.png

Min 12 Max 26 Sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%
rain_10.gif

Sunny. Winds south to southwesterly and light increasing to 15 to 25 km/h during the day then turning southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon.

Sunday 8 November
partly-cloudy.png

Min 14 Max 28 Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 0%
rain_0.gif

Mostly sunny. Light winds.

Monday 9 November
partly-cloudy.png

Min 17 Max 29 Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 0%
rain_0.gif

Mostly sunny. Light winds.

Last edited:
Expecting Sayers to slot straight in for Worrall and that's it for SA.

WA I'm expecting something like:

Bancroft
Harris
Marsh (c)
Klinger
Bosisto
Whiteman (+)
Agar
Mackin
Behrendorff
Paris
Hogan

The pitch last game was a lot better than previous seasons. They left more grass on it specifically so that the pink ball wouldn't deteriorate as quickly.

This worked but the spin off benefit was how the pitch behaved. Actually had something in it for the quicks and the ball came onto the bat nicely for the (good) batters.

Hopefully they keep it the same and don't revert to the grass-less, low, slow sub-Continent wickets that have been our recent trademark.

The pitch last game was a lot better than previous seasons. They left more grass on it specifically so that the pink ball wouldn't deteriorate as quickly.

This worked but the spin off benefit was how the pitch behaved. Actually had something in it for the quicks and the ball came onto the bat nicely for the (good) batters.

Hopefully they keep it the same and don't revert to the grass-less, low, slow sub-Continent wickets that have been our recent trademark.

The rain here during the week should help keep the wicket a bit more lively.

Expecting Sayers to slot straight in for Worrall and that's it for SA.

WA I'm expecting something like:

Bancroft
Harris
Marsh (c)
Klinger
Bosisto
Whiteman (+)
Agar
Mackin
Behrendorff
Paris
Hogan
I can't see us going into a game with a tail that long. Paris would bat above Mackin/Behrendorff if I was the coach. Beaton in for Hogan.

I can't see us going into a game with a tail that long. Paris would bat above Mackin/Behrendorff if I was the coach. Beaton in for Hogan.
You usually bat Agar at 7 for the past 2 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great chance for Bosisto/Beaton here, make a big score and we can promote Klinger to open and drop Harris.

Harris is pushing it, although he is talented. Have to say maybe he would benefit batting at 5 or 6 though for a while.

What's the deal with streaming on the Cricket Australia app? I thought Sheffield shield was free but they want me to subscribe.

What's the deal with streaming on the Cricket Australia app? I thought Sheffield shield was free but they want me to subscribe.

Still worth it..$30 is nothing for all the SS, test matches, etc

Don't know about the app but on the website it's free but you still have to register for an account

Don't know about the app but on the website it's free but you still have to register for an account

Thanks I've got it now.

For those interested you press the button in the top right corner and then press watch live.

Interesting wicket. Bit of movement off the pitch but not carrying well to the keeper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back