Sheffield Shield Round 2: South Australia Redbacks v Western Australia Warriors @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Still got massive question marks on Travis Head's technique but good on him for getting his first Shield hundred. Would really like him to live up to the hype and I hope this is the catalyst.

Still got massive question marks on Travis Head's technique but good on him for getting his first Shield hundred. Would really like him to live up to the hype and I hope this is the catalyst.

His main problem is he's risen through the ranks so quickly the expectations keep getting bigger. He's 21, captaining his state, 5 FC scores in the 90's, 1 FC 100 which was a day 4 match winning knock, 17 FC 50's, has a one day 200, has scored a one day 100 for Australia A, under 19's national championships player of the tournament.

All this by 21, there's no one his age more naturally talented I have no doubt about that, just is not the finished product yet, no 21 yo is though.

We better not see the road in a test match though. Love the Shield wickets in Adelaide but the curator seems to want to produce a road which is boring for 3 days in the test match, which is fractionally disappointing
The Shield wickets have been low, slow featherbeds the last few years too. Not just the test pitch.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

I see a lot of Yuvraj Singh in his batting. With more responsibility placed in terms of batting order I think he could average in the 40s.

I would think he would but he needs to keep his head (literally) and not hit too many in the air.

Something like:

Bancroft
Harris
Marsh
Klinger
Bosisto
Agar
Whiteman +
Behrendorff
Mackin
Hogan

+1 bat or another bowler?
Looks pretty good, would prefer Paris to Hogan provided NCN comes back in for some experience when fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back