• James FAULKNER
  • Andrew FEKETE
  • Ben HILFENHAUS
  • Dominic MICHAEL
  • Tim PAINE (+)
  • Sam RAINBIRD
In: Hilfenhaus, Rainbird
Out: Evan GULBIS (achilles)

Hilfenhaus returns after missing Round 1 with a hip injury and should be a straight replacement for Gulbis

Queensland XII (5th, 1.1 points)
  • Chris HARTLEY (c) (+)
  • Ben CUTTING
  • Jason FLOROS
  • Peter GEORGE
  • Sam HEAZLETT
  • Scott HENRY
  • Marnus LABUSCHAGNE
  • Michael NESER
  • Nathan REARDON
  • Matthew RENSHAW
  • Mark STEKETEE
  • Jack WILDERMUTH
In: Floros, George, Heazlett (FC debut), Neser, Renshaw
Out: Cameron BOYCE (omitted), Jacob BURNS (Australian duty), James HOPES (rested), Usman KHAWAJA (Australian duty)

The Bulls selectors are managing veteran Hopes's workload while Boyce has been omitted. Heazlett is a 20 year old left handed batsman. Renshaw or Labuschagne will replace Joe Burns to join Scott Henry at the top of the order.

Friday 6 November
showers.png

Min 14 Max 18 Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 3 mm Chance of any rain: 60%
rain_60.gif

Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the evening. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h in the middle of the day then tending northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

Saturday 7 November
light-showers.png

Min 11 Max 17 Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm Chance of any rain: 40%
rain_40.gif

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming west to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then turning southerly 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day.

Sunday 8 November
partly-cloudy.png

Min 7 Max 24 Partly cloudy.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 0%
rain_0.gif

Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.

Monday 9 November
partly-cloudy.png

Min 12 Max 28 Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%
rain_10.gif

Mostly sunny. Winds northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h increasing to 25 km/h before shifting south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon.

With Labushchange, Renshaw, Wildermuth, Stekete, Stanlake, and now Heazlett, Queensland are quietly amassing some young talent.

They've been very dependent on the likes of Hartley, Hopes, Cutting, etc for so long, it's good to see some good young guys come through for them.

I will never understand how these QLD teams are selected. Stanlake looked great in the Matador Cup- nope, Michael ******* Neser. Nick Stevens and Charlie Hemphrey actually made centuries last season- nowhere to be seen.

I will never understand how these QLD teams are selected. Stanlake looked great in the Matador Cup- nope, Michael ******* Neser. Nick Stevens and Charlie Hemphrey actually made centuries last season- nowhere to be seen.

It actually makes no sense, they'd have played close to 30 guys over the last couple of seasons.

I swear they just pick 7 blokes + the 4 best players in grade cricket on the previous Saturday.

I also expect some random to be in their lineup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It actually makes no sense, they'd have played close to 30 guys over the last couple of seasons.

Turns out they've played 29 guys in the last 12 matches. I just don't know what they're trying to achieve, in seems as though they value a 50 in grade cricket higher than a 100 in the Sheffield Shield. Nick Stevens looked quite good when I saw him, but has played 1 game since.

Reckon Nick Stevens has had rotten injury luck - knee & back injuries from memory that have stalled his progress. Agree though, handy batsman and should get a look in pretty soon the way they are cycling through players. Hemphrey still injured too after doing his ribs in the Matador Cup.

Reckon Nick Stevens has had rotten injury luck - knee & back injuries from memory that have stalled his progress. Agree though, handy batsman and should get a look in pretty soon the way they are cycling through players. Hemphrey still injured too after doing his ribs in the Matador Cup.

Didn't know he was injured, that may explain it.

What is it with QLD batsmen and injuries? So weird.

QLD bowling line up is the worst I've seen it for years. Where the bloody hell is Stanlake??
Word is that he is being handled with kid gloves for the time being ala Pat Cummins - premier grade cricket & Futures League with a view to playing Shield later in the season. He hasn't really played any longer form than grade so CA supposedly a bit concerned he might break. He had foot stress fracture last year and back injury before that.

Funny, just looking in the grade results the other day and Hauritz and McDermott and Scott Walter are all getting plenty of wickets, so they don't lack for choices!

Word is that he is being handled with kid gloves for the time being ala Pat Cummins - premier grade cricket & Futures League with a view to playing Shield later in the season. He hasn't really played any longer form than grade so CA supposedly a bit concerned he might break. He had foot stress fracture last year and back injury before that.

Funny, just looking in the grade results the other day and Hauritz and McDermott and Scott Walter are all getting plenty of wickets, so they don't lack for choices!
How has he not got a state contract anywhere is baffling.

And I forgot Cameron Gannon in the leading wicket-takers on the weekend

Most Wkts @qldcricket Premier Cricket 15/16:
27 Walter
20 Heise
16 Mabb, Gode
15 Hauritz, Renouf
14 Batticciotto

Most Runs @qldcricket Premier Cricket 15/16:
480 Truloff
379 M Philipson
367 Nash
351 Trask
344 @scoot_henry
343 Herdman
325 Gode

Best Bowling Rd 7 @qldcricket Premier Cricket:
5-16 Renouf
5-21 M Philipson
4-32 Walter
4-38 Gannon
4-47 J Floros
4-51 Bischoff

Highest Scores Rd 7 @qldcricket Premier Cricket:
156 Wilson
141 Herdman
103 Neser
102 De Giusti
94 Wilson
84 Truloff
77 Underhill

courtesy of ACTCricketStats on twitter (Adam Morehouse) Top work!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back