Sheffield Shield Round 3: Victoria vs Western Australia @ MCG 14-17th November

Remove this Banner Ad

Big match, the top 2 sides this season and the Grand Final rematch. Victoria will probably go in favourites after Western Australia suffered a shock loss to South Australia. Peter Siddle will play days 2-4 with Chris Tremain playing the opening day in some rule that allows this to happen.

Victoria squad: Matthew Wade (c, +), Fawad Ahmed, Scott Boland, Daniel Christian, Travis Dean, Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, James Pattinson, Rob Quiney, Peter Siddle (Day 2, 3, 4), Marcus Stoinis, Chris Tremain (Day 1)

Western Australia squad: Shaun Marsh (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Tom Beaton, Jason Behrendorff, Will Bosisto, Hilton Cartwright, Marcus Harris, Michael Hogan, Michael Klinger, David Moody, Andrew Tye, Sam Whiteman (+)

Likely sides:

Victoria vs Western Australia

Dean vs Harris
Quiney vs Bancroft
Stoinis vs Marsh
Handscomb vs Klinger
Maxwell vs Cartwright
Wade (c, +) vs Beaton
Finch vs Whiteman (+)
Pattinson vs Agar
Boland vs Moody
Tremain/Siddle vs Behrendorff
Ahmed vs Hogan

I don't understand what the point is in resting Siddle day 1.
Trip back from Perth is quite a bit longer than that of Brisbane to NSW.

Hard to work out what is going on between Cricket.com and Cricinfo, but looks like Harris and Behrendorff not playing. Is Berhendorff injured, it seems the only likely reason he's not playing. I assume Klinger will open in place of Harris.

Hard to work out what is going on between Cricket.com and Cricinfo, but looks like Harris and Behrendorff not playing. Is Berhendorff injured, it seems the only likely reason he's not playing. I assume Klinger will open in place of Harris.

Yea, we have thirteen batsmen apparently o_O

Bad luck for Wade breaking his collarbone in the nets! Siddle to captain.

Dean on 51 already :thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT! Bowled. Andrew Tye to Marcus Stoinis. Length ball, defending, Neutral to wicketkeeper, fielded by Whiteman.
Get on the feedback bit of CA website lads. Told them to stop being lazy pricks and do their own commentary. Jump on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back