Sheffield Shield Round 3: Victoria vs Western Australia @ MCG 14-17th November

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I'm in the house along with 50 others - nothing in the track for the quicks and Bosisto and Moody have looked relatively untroubled thus far - edit Moody nicks to Ayre for a regulation catch. Pattinson operating from the Richmond end - enter S Marsh - possibly playing for a test spot against Klinger - Vics up and about

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Hopefully Pattinson rips in today. I'd love to see him with the new ball at the Adelaide Oval. Patto sharing with Starc would be ideal.
He bowled 4 this morning - got the breakthrough and but for overstepping more than likely had Marsh cold. He's definitely being managed. I've seen enough of the past two games to say he's right to go in all aspects - but the inside mail was "no rush - Boxing Day".

Whilst I am not a fan of Fawad at top level - if he runs thru the WA lower order as I expect today - he could get a run against the Windies at the SCG

He bowled 4 this morning - got the breakthrough and but for overstepping more than likely had Marsh cold. He's definitely being managed. I've seen enough of the past two games to say he's right to go in all aspects - but the inside mail was "no rush - Boxing Day".

Whilst I am not a fan of Fawad at top level - if he runs thru the WA lower order as I expect today - he could get a run against the Windies at the SCG

Well the rumoured retirement of Johnson could leave a spot open for Pattinson if the selectors decide to rest Hazlewood which has been suggested.

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong

If Johnno retires, they aren't going to bring in someone else for 2 Tests before Boxing Day?

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Well the rumoured retirement of Johnson could leave a spot open for Pattinson if the selectors decide to rest Hazlewood which has been suggested.
No doubt - but if you have a management plan for Patto (and I'm telling you in the clearest possible language that they definitely do) you don't or should not abandon it just because. It would be the same as Pat Cummins going from age restrictions at u/18 level to bowling 43 in a shield final ie. recipe for disaster - but who knows what they'll do - Siddle bowling very tightly- asking lots of questions of Bosisto & Marsh on a pitch with nothin'

Very slow going this morning, WA don't look super keen to go for the outright win after Victoria hung the carrot in from of them.
We're already a batsman down, I can see why we'd just go for the draw.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Can't see much happening here - although I thought that last match and all hell broke loose. Pitch is straw coloured - little or no wear - Both bats looking largely untroubled
image.jpg

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Fawad isn't the answer against good bats - these two doing it pretty easy atm - need the quicks to just have an ounce of luck and he will get his chance. maxwells FC bowling figures do not scream test all rounder to me. Siddle & Pattinson have bowled well. Bosisto is a better player than I had been led to believe - looks promising

Back