Sheffield Shield Round 8: SA v Tasmania @ Gliderol Stadium

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm guessing he's just trying to dig in and buy some time, given there is plenty of it, but without watching the stream it's hard to say. His batting technique has changed significantly since he played down here, he used to be very correct, now his set up is predominantly to hit through the leg side which I would have thought means you can get dried up a bit too easily.

He's been opening in T20 matches, that would have something to do with it.

Pounce

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2012
Tasmania
AFL Club
Richmond
I love it when Tassie put Dom Michael in the team, thinking that it would make a difference.

It's their version of Clive Rose.

Clive Rose also plays for Tasmania, and is a much better player.

Stoinis was always a big hitter. Michael has literally nothing to offer, except cool hair.

Not a bad score of 97 by Dom Michael considering he has "literally nothing to offer..."

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Redbacks should really reverse the batting order for the second innings. It'd have to be worth a shot.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Scored 96 for our last 4 wickets and 89 for our first four wickets.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Assistance? What they need to stop playing ridiculous shots to the wrong balls. I think if these players are using psychologists, that's probably what's stuffing them up.

Are you suggesting that what Travis Head needs is experience and a run in the side where he doesn't really have to worry about anything but his own game and scoring runs?

Sure is a good thing he has an experienced Captain to help the team out

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has Worrall actually been bowling well this match. I've never really rated him at all.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Assistance? What they need to stop playing ridiculous shots to the wrong balls. I think if these players are using psychologists, that's probably what's stuffing them up.
The best cricket psychologist, sans Mike Brearley is Nick Winter's dad Graham. Wrote an excellent book called the psychology of cricket in the late 80's or early 90's. I got it on a Thursday, trained that night, read it over the next two nights and posted a ton the next day. In fact it makes you your own psychologist but highly recommended.

The best cricket psychologist, sans Mike Brearley is Nick Winter's dad Graham. Wrote an excellent book called the psychology of cricket in the late 80's or early 90's. I got it on a Thursday, trained that night, read it over the next two nights and posted a ton the next day. In fact it makes you your own psychologist but highly recommended.

Got me through a spell of two diamonds in a row. Great read

Got me through a spell of two diamonds in a row. Great read
i-know-that-feel.jpg

Back