Sheffield Shield- South Australia vs New South Wales, Adelaide Oval 8-11 November

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
May as well kick the thread off a day early because i'm bored... South Australia get to host a relatively inexperienced NSW side at the batting paradise which is the Adelaide Oval in a 2nd round sheffield shield day/night clash. The whole day/night thing shouldn't have much of an influence on the match. On paper SA are a lot stronger but you can never underestimate the Blues, especially with Mitchell Starc and Steve O'keefe back.

Likely/possible Sides:
South Australia vs New South Wales
Phil Hughes Ryan Carters
Andrew McDonald Nick Larkin
Callum Ferguson Scott Henry
Tom Cooper Kurtis Patterson
Travis Head Ben Rohrer
Johan Botha (C) Peter Nevill (+, C)
Tim Ludeman (+) Mitchell Starc
Joe Mennie Steve O'Keefe
Adam Zampa
Will Somerville
Cameron Valente
Gurinder Sandhu
Chadd Sayers Harry Conway
12th- Daniel Worrall 12th- Josh Lalor

My key player from each side:
Chadd Sayers: obvious choice, the redbacks rely heavily on him for wickets and will want to breakthrough early, especially if they could claim Ryan Carters before he gets set.
Peter Nevill: skipper of the Blues, in my opinion probably the 2nd biggest wicket to claim (behind Carters) as NSW's middle order generally throw away their wickets at bad times but Nevill doesn't and bats very well with the tail and will be in for a long innings even if NSW are in early trouble.

My predictions:
SA to win and Travis Head to score his maiden first-class hundred ;)

From the looks of things most test players rested, day/night and already have played this season aswell...

Yeah they are all in stellar form! All of them need a hit out especially our captain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great day for the Redbacks. Not surprising given how many are missing for the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back