This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Can't seem to find the squads anywhere :oops:

A little rain has been forecast for tomorrow and Sunday, hopefully none happens though. Now to build on our ODD success :cool:

WA: Voges (c), Marsh (vc), Agar, Bancroft, Behrendorff, Coulter-Nile, Harris, Hogan, Klinger, Mackin, Rimmington, Whiteman

Tas: Bailey (c), Cowan, Doherty, Fekete, Gulbis, Kingston, Michael, Paine, Rainbird, Silk, van der Gugten, Webster, Wells.

I'd expect:

Bancroft vs Silk
Harris vs Cowan
Klinger vs Michael
Marsh vs Bailey (c)
Voges (c) vs Wells
Whiteman (+) vs Paine (+)
Agar vs Gulbis
Coulter-Nile vs Doherty
Rimmington vs Fekete
Behrendorff vs Rainbird
Hogan vs Kingston

WA to win

I keep hearing people talk about Coulter-Nile becoming a bowling all-rounder. The only reason for this is because of that match winning innings at the GABBA a couple years ago in that Big Bash match. Apart from that I don't think he is that good a batsman to be an All-Rounder, he is a capable batsman at the No.8/9 position, but you can't rely on him to score a 50 every 10 innings. He is more like a Peter Siddle type who can whack the ball. Agar much more an all-rounder than CN is.

I keep hearing people talk about Coulter-Nile becoming a bowling all-rounder. The only reason for this is because of that match winning innings at the GABBA a couple years ago in that Big Bash match. Apart from that I don't think he is that good a batsman to be an All-Rounder, he is a capable batsman at the No.8/9 position, but you can't rely on him to score a 50 every 10 innings. He is more like a Peter Siddle type who can whack the ball. Agar much more an all-rounder than CN is.
Peter Siddle's mantra was that he was able to stick around for 60-70 balls and hold up an end so the other batsman can attack

Long tail for both teams, even if Agar does average low 30's and Gulbis having a FC double century.

That is a very weak Tas side anyone know why Butterworth isnt playing im assuming he is inj if so what is his problem.

That is a very weak Tas side anyone know why Butterworth isnt playing im assuming he is inj if so what is his problem.

Was named to captain futures league so a bit strange that he's not in the side.

As for the game, I reckon it will be close and Tassie should be in with a sniff.

Standard looking WA side. Rimmington goes alright with the bat, so I'm happy to say we bat down to 9. And we all know of Hogan's shenanigans with the bat.

Hogan averages more than one of Australia's captains (Finch) in Sheffield Shield over the last three seasons

Who would you have Thorne? Rogers, Bosisto, Cartwright etc didn't put their name forward in the Futures League, although just saw Beaton made a century (albeit with a first ball duck in the 1st innings)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you have Thorne? Rogers, Bosisto, Cartwright etc didn't put their name forward in the Futures League, although just saw Beaton made a century (albeit with a first ball duck in the 1st innings)
I'd be happy enough with Beaton, may as well see how much he's improved and whether or not he'll be a dependable depth player this season.

Bailey won the toss and has elected to bat. Reckon Voges will be pretty happy with that given our tactic for much of the past 2-3 seasons has been to bowl first anyway. Confirmed teams...
Alcohol. Think Again Warriors: Cameron Bancroft, Marcus Harris, Michael Klinger, Adam Voges (c), Shaun Marsh, Sam Whiteman (wk), Ashton Agar, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Nathan Rimmington, Jason Behrendorff, Michael Hogan, Simon Mackin (12th)
Tasmania Tigers: Ed Cowan, Dom Michael, Jordan Silk, George Bailey (c), Jonathan Wells, Tim Paine (wk), Evan Gulbis, Xavier Doherty, Andrew Fekete, Sam Rainbird, Hamish Kingston, Beau Webster (12th)

Changes from their last Shield game

WA
In: Coulter-Nile, Klinger, Rimmington
Out: Ryan DUFFIELD (?), Mitchell MARSH (Test), Marcus NORTH (?)

TAS
In: Bailey, Fekete, Kingston (SS debut), Michael (Tas debut), Rainbird, Silk, Wells
Out: Jackson BIRD (?), Luke BUTTERWORTH (?), Mark COSGROVE (SA), Alex DOOLAN (Test), Ben DUNK (T20), Ben HILFENHAUS (Test), Beau WEBSTER (dropped)

Changes from their last Shield game

WA
In: Coulter-Nile, Klinger, Rimmington
Out: Ryan DUFFIELD (?), Mitchell MARSH (Test), Marcus NORTH (?)

TAS
In: Bailey, Fekete, Kingston (SS debut), Michael (Tas debut), Rainbird, Silk, Wells
Out: Jackson BIRD (?), Luke BUTTERWORTH (?), Mark COSGROVE (SA), Alex DOOLAN (Test), Ben DUNK (T20), Ben HILFENHAUS (Test), Beau WEBSTER (dropped)

Retired :p

Is there any reason why Paris isn't playing? I'd have him in the side of Rimmington.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back