Sheffield Shield WA vs TAS @ The Waca, 31st-3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Shaun Marsh get selected out of nowhere to get a team is nothing on Maxwell batting at 3
Wade as well, wrong thread though lol.

Interestingly enough I think selectors in recent times have been pretty generous with giving WA players a go for Australia when as a team we've been poor.

Wade as well, wrong thread though lol.

Interestingly enough I think selectors in recent times have been pretty generous with giving WA players a go for Australia when as a team we've been poor.

At the current rate, we'll soon be back to the days of Lillee and Marsh when we had 7 WA boys in the team at one point :cool:

The Victorians always complaining about the selectors not picking Bushrangers should stfu when blokes like Quiney, McGain, Hastings and Maxwell have baggygreens.
That's harsh of McGain.

They wanted to pick him earlier than they did so he could settle in for the Ashes, but he got injured. Then they rushed him back to be cannon fodder. That's bad timing and bad circumstances.

That's harsh of McGain.

They wanted to pick him earlier than they did so he could settle in for the Ashes, but he got injured. Then they rushed him back to be cannon fodder. That's bad timing and bad circumstances.
Yeah not the easiest circumstances to debut and I kind of felt sorry for him in but he's still a pie chucker.

A few people dared to suggest that he simply wasn't any good before he debuted and they were chastised by Vic fanboys.

Yeah not the easiest circumstances to debut and I kind of felt sorry for him in but he's still a pie chucker.

A few people dared to suggest that he simply wasn't any good before he debuted and they were chastised by Vic fanboys.
Well, I happen to think he was good, or at least more deserving than any of spinners who debuted post-Warne.

You could add Clint McKay to your list.

WA win by 7 wickets.

Bancroft MoTM I expect?

Rimmington

"Nathan Rimmington gets Man of the Match honours, after his haul of 5/38 in the first innings that helped set up the match for WA, and following that up in the second innings with solid figures of 2/52."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Duckworth/Lewis was bad, trying to follow this new shield table is going to be a nightmare
If they're going to do that sort of system, they should really just copy the Pom's system for county.

I keep hearing people talk about Coulter-Nile becoming a bowling all-rounder. The only reason for this is because of that match winning innings at the GABBA a couple years ago in that Big Bash match. Apart from that I don't think he is that good a batsman to be an All-Rounder, he is a capable batsman at the No.8/9 position, but you can't rely on him to score a 50 every 10 innings. He is more like a Peter Siddle type who can whack the ball. Agar much more an all-rounder than CN is.
I recall an ODI earlier in the year when NCN came in to bat at the end of the innings and just couldn't get bat on ball and get down the other end, he looked out of his depth with the bat. Maybe he has improved since, he will be a handy player nonetheless.

I recall an ODI earlier in the year when NCN came in to bat at the end of the innings and just couldn't get bat on ball and get down the other end, he looked out of his depth with the bat. Maybe he has improved since, he will be a handy player nonetheless.

Coulter-Nile's batting is the batting of a reasonably coordinate, strong man who hit the ball far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back