FTA-TV Sherlock

Remove this Banner Ad

Any thoughts as to who was the reveal at the end?
Who is the new mastermind after Moriarty?

Yep it's Magnussen. Blackmailer. A lot of theories going around that Mary has a big secret and he will help to exploit that.

I didn't fully understand that though. What did Sherlock actually say apart from the "I'm not ordinary" spiel that made Moriarty think the only way he could defeat him was by committing suicide?

He told him that he could extract the code to call the assassins off, which would mean that Moriarty's plan would be foiled.

I thought the guy who bumped into John looked a lot like Moriarty though.

Just watched it. I enjoyed it, but, and my memory is stretching since it's been a while since I last watched it, I couldn't help but wonder if ti wasn't as good as what's come before it.

Seemed to be a bit over the top with all the stylistic treatment stuff - overlaying of supers and images. Started to be like annoying wallpaper, whereas in the previous seasons it seemed to be more minimal. Or that's my memory.

Some of the humour was way over-played and forced in my book, with some of the cuts and supers.

The flashback to Sherlock jumping off the building while they were on the train seemed out of place.

Anyway, glad it's back but I seemed to notice the art direction and little in-jokes than the story etc than before.

But first episode back and a very high bar has been set previously, so I'll wait.

I thought it was a bit of a nothing episode on reflection. Nothing is answered, and the main threat is really just a sidebar. There were also a few text overlay scenes that went on for far too long.

I thought it was a bit of a nothing episode on reflection. Nothing is answered, and the main threat is really just a sidebar. There were also a few text overlay scenes that went on for far too long.
Still infinitely better than anything else on TV but we grade it higher.. I get disappointed when Dane Swan only gets 30 possessions too o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched it. I enjoyed it, but, and my memory is stretching since it's been a while since I last watched it, I couldn't help but wonder if ti wasn't as good as what's come before it.

Seemed to be a bit over the top with all the stylistic treatment stuff - overlaying of supers and images. Started to be like annoying wallpaper, whereas in the previous seasons it seemed to be more minimal. Or that's my memory.

Some of the humour was way over-played and forced in my book, with some of the cuts and supers.

The flashback to Sherlock jumping off the building while they were on the train seemed out of place.

Anyway, glad it's back but I seemed to notice the art direction and little in-jokes than the story etc than before.

But first episode back and a very high bar has been set previously, so I'll wait.

I think a lot of it was pandering to the fandom. Things like Sherlock and Moriarty on the roof almost kissing to cause the tumblr community to have a simultaneous orgasm, Mary saying that she likes Sherlock in order to pacify the outrageous fans that sent Amanda Abbington death threats etc.

Nevertheless there were some great moments. Such as the scene between Mycroft and Sherlock:

"I'm not lonely." "How would you know?"

I think Anderson at the end summed it up. He was disappointed with Sherlock's explanation because he had built it up so much and gone through everything in his head.. Anderson is a direct parallel to the show's fans. The constant obsessing over it has built up the show to something legendary, something the first episode back could never live up to, and so a lot of fans are disappointed.

I think a lot of it was pandering to the fandom. Things like Sherlock and Moriarty on the roof almost kissing to cause the tumblr community to have a simultaneous orgasm, Mary saying that she likes Sherlock in order to pacify the outrageous fans that sent Amanda Abbington death threats etc.

Nevertheless there were some great moments. Such as the scene between Mycroft and Sherlock:

"I'm not lonely." "How would you know?"

I think Anderson at the end summed it up. He was disappointed with Sherlock's explanation because he had built it up so much and gone through everything in his head.. Anderson is a direct parallel to the show's fans. The constant obsessing over it has built up the show to something legendary, something the first episode back could never live up to, and so a lot of fans are disappointed.

Perhaps. It seemed to be more style over substance for me.

I watched the last episode of Season 2 before this, just to jog the memory, and yeah, this episode had nothing on that episode.

But in saying that, still a solid episode. I'd probably give it a 7.5/10. Strong start, strong finish, lackluster middle.

I disagree with grizzly, probably one of the funniest Sherlock episodes we've had, and I thought it was all bloody hilarious. [/spoiler]The way Sherlock was trying to surprise John at the start, the look on his face when he realises he's made a mistake, and lol at everytime John hit him. ******* lol at the speculated theories of how he survived.
Really disappointed they didn't reveal how he survived, but it does add that sense of mystery. I'll be happy if they at least reveal it before the season ends.
Even though the theory wasn't true (which we can all agree on), I don't understand why Sherlock had to be replaced by a fake dead body and THEN go back and replace it. Why not just, land on the air mat, lie on the ground, wait for John to get hit by the bike rider, and then do the "window dressing". Doesn't make much sense to me.

Ok episode, hopefully they move quickly away from the events of the crappy Reichenbach fall. The muddled scenario surrounding Sherlock's 'death' is unbelieveable and only cheapens the quality of the show.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

The fact that he let thirty to forty people know is incredibly illogical, which goes against the very premise of his character. Also the fact that he let Watson grieve for two years is crap and makes a mockery of the relationship they built up to that stage. Just poor writing.

The fact that he let thirty to forty people know is incredibly illogical, which goes against the very premise of his character. Also the fact that he let Watson grieve for two years is crap and makes a mockery of the relationship they built up to that stage. Just poor writing.

Agree with the first part, which is why I don't think that is how he actually did it. Just a proposed theory. Although, an article I read, the headline and article made it sound like it was in fact, how he did it, but no source or direct quotes saying it was.

As for not telling Watson.... hmm, I dunno, sounds like something Sherlock would do, highlighted by how he "revealed" himself. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back