IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
I think we need to hold fire on judging Billy too harshly.

It might be a bit of longshot, but this could story could really trigger a down spot in his trajectory. He's looking down the barrel of some time extended time in the clink.

I hope he can aim to get himself back on track, and target a life without such trouble.

Posts of this caliber are rare.

Last edited:
I think we need to hold fire on judging Billy too harshly.

It might be a bit of longshot, but this could story could really trigger a down spot in his trajectory. He's looking down the barrel of some time extended time in the clink.

I hope he can aim to get himself back on track, and target a life without such trouble.
You're a straight shooter, when you line them up, you don't miss, but you might be jumping the gun, there. He could have been a gun, was a real weapon when he was up and running. But then he went off half-cocked and took the shotgun approach, ended up shooting himself in the foot A comeback would appear to be a real longshot, but it could happen, he just needs to be harnessed correctly. Respect your opinion, but I'm sticking to my guns on that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He definitely had talent. It's such a sad situation with Billy and the path he went down. A very good mate of mine is his cousin. It's definitely tough for the family.
I know some of his family. I also played juniors with one of his cousins who played AFL for the Sydney Swans... played in the 96 Grand Final if memory serves me correct.

Wade Chapman.

Old navy

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2014
Eastern Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I know some of his family. I also played juniors with one of his cousins who played AFL for the Sydney Swans... played in the 96 Grand Final if memory serves me correct.

Wade Chapman.

My Mama is friends with his mother. She's a lovely ladie comes over for a cup for Tea quite a bit.
I can tell you that she is absolutely devastated that her son has done this. That is the problem with drugs like Ice/meth it effects people's whole families.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back