Society/Culture Should cannabis be legalised?

Upton Sinclair

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's the difference between medicinal and recreational when both have been brought in due to the popular vote? It's still illegal federally.

It will completely changed the dynamics of the Fed's case in overriding state rights, I would imagine.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Obama has won the vote in Colorado by 50% to 47%. Colorado is a swing state.

Which is why there was deafening silence on the issue this year from the Democrats.

They didnt want to upset liberals (who tend to support legalisation) in such an important swing state during an election year.

Now the election is dusted, theyll stomp all over this.

CLUBMEDhurst

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2008
Under the moonlight, the serious moonlight
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City
Which is why there was deafening silence on the issue this year from the Democrats.

They didnt want to upset liberals (who tend to support legalisation) in such an important swing state during an election year.

Now the election is dusted, theyll stomp all over this.

I'd be inclined to put money on this prediction

Play by Numbers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
All up in Jock's icecream
AFL Club
West Coast
Should we be surprised?

https://news.vice.com/article/leadi...inkiller-drug-companies?utm_source=vicenewsfb

Leading Anti-Marijuana Academics Are Paid By Painkiller Drug Companies

As Americans continue to embrace pot—as medicine and for recreational use—opponents are turning to a set of academic researchers to claim that policymakers should avoid relaxing restrictions around marijuana. It's too dangerous, risky, and untested, they say. Just as drug company-funded research has become incredibly controversial in recent years, forcing major medical schools and journals to institute strict disclosure requirements, could there be a conflict of interest issue in the pot debate?

VICE has found that many of the researchers who have advocated against legalizing pot have also been on the payroll of leading pharmaceutical firms with products that could be easily replaced by using marijuana. When these individuals have been quoted in the media, their drug-industry ties have not been revealed.

https://news.vice.com/article/leadi...inkiller-drug-companies?utm_source=vicenewsfb

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)

mottrain

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
There's also the issue that the pro campaigners like to overstate its effects or those pushing for legalisation are doing so simply because they want to get high every night.

mottrain

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
You got a problem with that too? What doesn't offend you mate?
It is in no way I get offended by people smoking marijuana I get annoyed with the tools out who are high on the s**t.

How the hell are they annoying you? (couldn't be more more annoying than your breathtakingly simple-minded posts)
I would imagine a quick canvas of Emergency on any given Saturday night will suggest to you it's not dope that's the problem in pubs and clubs.

Back