Should Murph stand down as Captain ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only viable option to replace him and the only one who screams leadership is the person who stood down to begin with.

Carlton should put Robinson as captain purely for the entertainment factor in press conferences.

Really don't like the premise of this thread.

He's our captain. Suggesting he step down isn't going to help anyone.

Really don't like the premise of this thread.

He's our captain. Suggesting he step down isn't going to help anyone.

I don't think he should step down either, but I can understand why people would ask the question. Tonight is the first game that he's really led from the front and made a statement as captain. Until now he's been rather lacklustre and the weight of the captaincy seemed to be too heavy for him.

I don't think he should step down either, but I can understand why people would ask the question. Tonight is the first game that he's really led from the front and made a statement as captain. Until now he's been rather lacklustre and the weight of the captaincy seemed to be too heavy for him.

I thought he was near BOG in round 2.

But with Murph, he will struggle when he is the lone midfielder. If he's copping all the attention & no one around him is doing anything to make up for it, it is going to make him look worse. Today when Gibba, Curnow, Carrots & Daisy all stepped up Murph copping the tag wasn't so obvious. When the opposition only have to target one player & the rest do nothing, Murph is going to cop all the attention.

I agree, some efforts from Murph against Essendon & Melbourne weren't flattering, but I just don't think calling him out (not you, just in general) is going to help his confidence. Mick knows that.

I was interested to hear what Mick said the post-match presser. He seemed to be indicating that Murph had actually proactively set certain things up for players behind the scenes. If so, it sounded like a fairly positive thing. It's times like these I wish we had more of an idea of what goes on in the inner sanctum, but can understand why we don't.

While we're on the subject of Murph, does anyone else think that he finally seems to be regaining the pace of his earlier seasons? I haven't seen him move across the ground as well as he did today in ... god, I don't know how long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously haven't seen my earlier posts, i support murph 100 percent and in no way do i think he should stand down. Also just because they didn't win, doesn't mean it didn't have an effect. I think in a forum that is labelled 'Should Murph Stand down as captain' that you shouldn't be so defensive, especially if you can't logically argue it apart from "get off murphy's back ffs".
ok fair enough just annoys me because we all seem to forget how much of a gun this guy is had a few injuryies over the past hear or so watch him dominate once he gets his mojo back. the change of game plan hasnt helped him either as well as trying to adhere to team rules always trying to play the team game

I thought he was near BOG in round 2.

But with Murph, he will struggle when he is the lone midfielder. If he's copping all the attention & no one around him is doing anything to make up for it, it is going to make him look worse. Today when Gibba, Curnow, Carrots & Daisy all stepped up Murph copping the tag wasn't so obvious. When the opposition only have to target one player & the rest do nothing, Murph is going to cop all the attention.

I agree, some efforts from Murph against Essendon & Melbourne weren't flattering, but I just don't think calling him out (not you, just in general) is going to help his confidence. Mick knows that.
Best post in this thread. Kudos. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Agree and thread is done, there is no need for rubbish bumps from both sides of the argument who are just waiting with baited breath for either a good game or bad one to justify opinions and critique others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back