Should Port Adelaide, Bulldogs, MFC and Stk be allowed Top Up players

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken said he was a forward who would give Lobbe a hand in the ruck. Don't you worship the master?

did you watch him?

port eventually have into lobbes demands and agreed to traded him to the western bulldogs. i think they see ryder as a full time ruck, or atleast a 50/50 split

did you watch him?

port eventually have into lobbes demands and agreed to traded him to the western bulldogs. i think they see ryder as a full time ruck, or atleast a 50/50 split
Yes I did. They traded him in as a big contested mark type in the forward 50 which they were missing. Read any PAFC article from the trade time.

Ken started him forward and he was that ineffectual he had to be moved into the ruck to make an impact. So much for the missing piece up forward!

Which is rather interesting considering it goes against the Collective Bargaining Agreement for 2016, explicitly stating that no main list must be under 38 or over 40.

So they're fine with following the 18 teams rule but conveniently ignore the 38 players rule.

Was waiting for someone else to reply As it seem a Crow supporter point out the obvious create a few issue's
Yes port and Essendon will have 37 on there primary list prior to the season start.
BUT they must in order to abide by the players CBA agreement promote a minimum of 1 rookie prior to the first game.

A question Port supporter may not like. This will also need a legal mind to verify,
But because they have promote a rookie onto the senior list prior to the season start, will it affect there cap, which was max out. and would this the main reason behind them announcing the non payments to Ryder and Monfries.

Finally a question to Port supporters, who will give Frampton a chop out in the SANFL. And when you worked that out ask you list management the question Why.
Yes I am a Crows supporter but I also support a team in the SANFL,

Yes I did. They traded him in as a big contested mark type in the forward 50 which they were missing. Read any PAFC article from the trade time.

Ken started him forward and he was that ineffectual he had to be moved into the ruck to make an impact. So much for the missing piece up forward!

theyve just added dixon. still have westhoff and schulz. they dont exactly need him fwd anymore

Agree but they traded him in as a key forward. They had to get another final peice of the puzzle in Dixon because they figured out Ryder was a very good ruckman not so much a forward.

and we traded in savage as an inside mid/winger who ended up playing half back

bruce was recruited as a KPD and ended up as a KPF

i'm sure there's more examples of this happening

clubs will draft them in on talent, identify a position for them but will also have other positions in mind. they like flexibility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games did they actually play together? 8-10? Wouldn't shock me if they kicked over 1.5 goals a game when together.
Lobbe played 17 games, Redden 1. So Ryder was solo ruck on 4 occasions (did that well)

So in 14 games he was forward/ruck ala Jenkins and kicked 17 goals. Hope that helps.

paddy also spent a significant amount of time in the ruck. port had a bad year all round. he was only behind westhoff and gray by 7 goals (25 to 18)... are people going to argue that robbie gray is a terrible footballer? yeh dont think so

ports leading goal kicker was wingard, when your leading goal kicker is a fwd pocket, its generally a bad sign

i'm sure other clubs would have given up pick 17 for him

I would have given 17 for him only if he didn't have a potential ban hanging over his head especially at his age. How old will he be turning in 2017
?

The original point made was that Adelaide fans must be kidding themselves if they think they wouldn't have wanted Ryder.

As a ruck, we have a better option in Jacobs. As a second big forward, Jenkins has proven over the last 2 seasons to be better than Ryder.

So for a first and second round draft pick and $700k per year, I think it's clear we would have passed.

If Essendon didn't use their players as pin cushions we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yes and the club has copped it's whack for it also the players were found not guilty by the AFL tribunal.As far as everyone was concerned this thing was done,kaput,fineto but nope Wada wanted to be a bunch of cowboys.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back