Media Should the Geelong Gumbies change to the Westeros Direwolves

If you had the chance to decide on the matter, which do you vote?

• Keep the Geelong Gumbies tradition alive

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Change to the Westeros Direwolves

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Change to something else

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Merge with the Furies

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

what show is it from?
Game of Thrones
Should I can it because I don't like the show even if it has long history and tradition to those who follow and love it?
FB was saying the only way it would work is if the club went all the way and suggested a bunch of Game of Throne references.

Merely pointing out that these suggestions would fly over your head as you don't know wtf he's on about.

The more i think about it i am torn. The Fitzroy boy in me find its crushing, but the aSoIaF nerd in me absolutely loves it. But they need to further embrace it ABH isn't the captain he's the King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm. He needs to appoint 4 Wardens.
The club motto needs to become Valar Morghumbies Valar Direhaeris.
They need to go all the way, but then the problem becomes that everyone will eventually die a bloody, horrific and surprising death.
Not really seeing a problem here.

Game of Thrones

FB was saying the only way it would work is if the club went all the way and suggested a bunch of Game of Throne references.

Merely pointing out that these suggestions would fly over your head as you don't know wtf he's on about.

Just means my post count will be down that's all. Most would say that ticks a pretty good box in the "For" column

Just means my post count will be down that's all. Most would say that ticks a pretty good box in the "For" column
I meant the proposed changes to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nor have I although just ordered the first series on DVD so I'll give it a crack and see how it goes
It's good, reasonably true to the books through the first three series, be prepared to be shocked.:)

Should I can it because I don't like the show even if it has long history and tradition to those who follow and love it?

But you messed up the history.

Westeros is a continent.

Direwolves are the symbol of house stark of Winterfell. They're entirely associated with the Starks and Winterfell - both of which would make a far better name than Westeros or the Den.

It would be liking calling a team the Australian Sandgropers.

But you messed up the history.

Westeros is a continent.

Direwolves are the symbol of house stark of Winterfell. They're entirely associated with the Starks and Winterfell - both of which would make a far better name than Westeros or the Den.

It would be liking calling a team the Australian Sandgropers.

You not happy with a fantasy name in fantasy football?

Last edited:
Anyone in SFA land tell us what happened to these famous SFA teams - Team Pump, Team Kournakova, Dingoes, Timmy, Terminators, Pagan Ducks, Hurricanes, Razors, Darkness Eternal, Junkyard Dogs, Fremantle Dockers, The Mod Squad, AFL All Stars, Koalas??

Anyone in SFA land tell us what happened to these famous SFA teams - Team Pump, Team Kournakova, Dingoes, Timmy, Terminators, Pagan Ducks, Hurricanes, Razors, Darkness Eternal, Junkyard Dogs, Fremantle Dockers, The Mod Squad, AFL All Stars, Koalas??
They sold their souls and changed their names??

Back