Opinion Should we pursue Dangerfield or Treloar?

Remove this Banner Ad

You've gotta offer Danger upwards of 1mil if you are serious about getting him. Just sayin

Hawkins wont leave not worried at all.he will need 4 years though and more money than his last deal.caddy and duncan and motlop will also.but we will have heaps of retirements so we can afford that easily +fa targets.

As much as we will target danger and scooter i think steven is the one who is gettable.saints are bottoming out badly and a finals club could sell him on the chance for success.

You've gotta offer Danger upwards of 1mil if you are serious about getting him. Just sayin

We can do that easy.heck if we backend it given our retirements we can do 1.3 mil a year easy. Having said that i dont think money would be why he would leave

only a dickhead would think we're not.

Especially a dickhead who honestly believes the Adelaide football club are as much chance of winning a premiership in the coming years as Geelong.
Well not really.

Lots of your stars are retiring in the next few years.

You don't need to get rude there mate.

Who are these stars that are going to get you in contention for a premiership? Just curious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May not be stars but their time is nearing on breakout status, Caddy, Guthrie, Duncan and Motlop are close. May not seem it right now, especially after a relatively poor finals campaign but when our team is balanced, on the injury front, (yes, we were decimated by injury to key position players this year), you will see a few of the younger guys begin to announce themselves.
I'm also rather bullish on Shane Kersten and Jackson Thurlow. They are two you will hear more about next year.

As for our rucks, yes, your right, we don't have any stars like a Ben Jacobs but we most certainly have a lot more scope than what Adelaide have in the coming years.
You had a forward line which booted over 150 goals and you still couldn't make the eight.
Put into perspective . . . Geelong gave you Podsiadly because they thought his immediate replacement (Kersten) would be ready for round 1, he misses half the year, another two miss the whole year and we still got just as many goals as your forward line did despite missing three of our most highly rated forwards for the entire season.

Given the acquisitions in Stanley (24), Clark (26) and the inclusions of many players who missed most of the year, you would have to be a dickhead to suggest Geelong won't be in contention for a premiership the coming years.
Good youngsters mate, but come on you just don't know if they are going to take the next step in taking you into premiership contention. I reckon it was a good move by you to get our pick 10 cos you really do need top end talent.

Kersten does look like a quality player I have to agree with but I've never heard of Jackson Thurlow.

Honestly I think it was a huge mistake in getting Stanley to your club with pick 21, he is so far from that value it's not funny. You never know with Mitch Clark cos he's missed so much footy with injuries and has an illness at present he is trying to get through so I guess we'll have to watch that space. Having any of Vard/Clark/Kersten down there is certainly going to give Tom Hawkins a chop out.

I also think that Darcy Lang will be a really good player. Slipped down the draft order by an unfortunate broken leg in the U18's but has shown that he has got a quality inside/outside game.

Motlop, Duncan, Caddy, Guthrie, Bews, GHS, Selwood, Lang, Jansen is till a pretty good mix for the future. The loss of Christensen is a real blow for you guys and bringing in Stanley with that pick you got in return for Christensen isn't exactly relieving you in any way.

Interested to see what your future KPD's can do cos Lonergan isn't gonna be around forever so you've gotta get someone in place there.

Imagine a forward line of Jenkins having a full pre-season (not recovering from a broken ankle), Tex with a full pre-season after that knee reco, Eddie Betts crumbing the ball off the packs, Charlie Cameron with more experience, Danger, Sloane, Kerridge rotating down there. It is a pretty dangerous mix and there is plenty of improvement in them from this year.

If you don't think that we have potential to be a really good side with the right coach, right game plan, defensive accountability coached in, two way running and now with a back up ruck then you are a dickhead.

I am not sure what the ceiling is with both our clubs but there are exciting times for both of us from 2016 onwards.

this club has one of the best development programs in the league. The new brigade spend a year or more in the VFL before earning their spot. People said we were no chance this season after Podsiadly, Chapman and Corey departed but it wasn't the case. You thought you were a chance against us in round 1 didn't you? :oops:

Dangerfield already knows this and he'd be walking into a well established squad ready to seriously contend again.
We did have 7 first choice 22 players out of our side in that game......

Did it occur to you that Danger might have faith in his current side and he's not going to jump ship immediately we got a significant upgrade on Sando in Phil Walsh and what he is going to build into us with elite habits, two way running and being able to coach in the coaches box competently.

Yes you might have a really good development program and I give you credit for that but we develop our players pretty well too, even though we haven't got a single digit draft pick on our list.

May not be stars but their time is nearing on breakout status, Caddy, Guthrie, Duncan and Motlop are close. May not seem it right now, especially after a relatively poor finals campaign but when our team is balanced, on the injury front, (yes, we were decimated by injury to key position players this year), you will see a few of the younger guys begin to announce themselves.
I'm also rather bullish on Shane Kersten and Jackson Thurlow. They are two you will hear more about next year.

As for our rucks, yes, your right, we don't have any stars like a Ben Jacobs but we most certainly have a lot more scope than what Adelaide have in the coming years.
You had a forward line which booted over 150 goals and you still couldn't make the eight.
Put into perspective . . . Geelong gave you Podsiadly because they thought his immediate replacement (Kersten) would be ready for round 1, he misses half the year, another two miss the whole year and we still got just as many goals as your forward line did despite missing three of our most highly rated forwards for the entire season.

Given the acquisitions in Stanley (24), Clark (26) and the inclusions of many players who missed most of the year, you would have to be a dickhead to suggest Geelong won't be in contention for a premiership the coming years.
God, you wear the worst pair of rose-tinted glasses. You always omit things on the negative side, like that we lost Christensen or when Kersten did get in to the side he underwhelmed immensely or that a bunch of our older players couldn't get themselves up for another finals series losing their fifth game in six finals. You don't need to go round calling people dickheads because they look at our side with a critical eye rather than your overly-bullish predictions based on little evidence.

Also, our development is very good, but it's not magic. I think a lot of our supporters and even people within the club started to believe we could teach any old kid to play the 'Geelong way' and we'd be able to continuously feed our AFL team with ready made youngsters on their way to being superstars. We got a huge wake up call last year against Box Hill when it was revealed that a lot of those players we've held onto for so long aren't that good and weren't going to cut it.

The onus is on our club to prove that they're still up to it, to put a team together that actually has a fully functioning forwardline, midfield, ruck division and defence, something they've failed to be able to get right for three years now. Talk is cheap.

Money may be a factor but are you in the premiership window anytime soon?

I don't think money is that big of a factor anyway, I think his loyalty to Adelaide is commendable and the only reason he would leave is first and foremost to be closer to family, with Premiership success being the second most important reason, with money shortly after that.
But yes, IMO we are building a core group of players who may, perhaps, with some luck, put themselves in a position to contend for a flag within the next 2/3-5/6 years or so.
Most of that will be down to if Kolo can become a good key back (or we recruit/FA someone else in that position) and if Stanley or the Irish dude can hold down a ruck spot (or again bring one in) aswell as the continued improvement of guys like Duncan, Motlop, Caddy, Murdoch, GHS, Guthrie, McCarthy, Hartman, Jansen, Lang, Thurlow etc
Our 2009 draft has killed us, if that draft had gone the way most would have expected we would right now be in an amazing position with a group of star players entering their early prime (2009 saw us draft the following: Duncan, Christensen, Vardy, Menzel, Cowen. All 5 should have become 200-250 game stars of the footy club and 2009 would have gone down as a super draft along the lines of our 1999 (Ling, Corey, Chapman, Enright) or 2001 (Ablett, Bartel, Johnson, Kelly) drafts. Alas injury for the most part has absolutely destroyed that and put the club back several years).

Hawkins wont leave not worried at all.he will need 4 years though and more money than his last deal.caddy and duncan and motlop will also.but we will have heaps of retirements so we can afford that easily +fa targets.

As much as we will target danger and scooter i think steven is the one who is gettable.saints are bottoming out badly and a finals club could sell him on the chance for success.

Good point , I think they will go for the three R1's inside 20 again. Would they a R1 for Steven as a FA?

I know other clubs have their POV , everyone think their own club is about 3 or 4 spots better than they are. We have been turning over players for 3 years and made finals each year. Slowly weeding out the list , by next year our list will be close to being refreshed and just need a couple of seasoned mid to make all the difference.
Will Danger look at our list and say we are way off where the Crows are? I doubt it. We will not be slipping to the cellar anytime soon.

Good youngsters mate, but come on you just don't know if they are going to take the next step in taking you into premiership contention. I reckon it was a good move by you to get our pick 10 cos you really do need top end talent.

Kersten does look like a quality player I have to agree with but I've never heard of Jackson Thurlow.

Honestly I think it was a huge mistake in getting Stanley to your club with pick 21, he is so far from that value it's not funny. You never know with Mitch Clark cos he's missed so much footy with injuries and has an illness at present he is trying to get through so I guess we'll have to watch that space. Having any of Vard/Clark/Kersten down there is certainly going to give Tom Hawkins a chop out.

I also think that Darcy Lang will be a really good player. Slipped down the draft order by an unfortunate broken leg in the U18's but has shown that he has got a quality inside/outside game.

Motlop, Duncan, Caddy, Guthrie, Bews, GHS, Selwood, Lang, Jansen is till a pretty good mix for the future. The loss of Christensen is a real blow for you guys and bringing in Stanley with that pick you got in return for Christensen isn't exactly relieving you in any way.

Interested to see what your future KPD's can do cos Lonergan isn't gonna be around forever so you've gotta get someone in place there.

Imagine a forward line of Jenkins having a full pre-season (not recovering from a broken ankle), Tex with a full pre-season after that knee reco, Eddie Betts crumbing the ball off the packs, Charlie Cameron with more experience, Danger, Sloane, Kerridge rotating down there. It is a pretty dangerous mix and there is plenty of improvement in them from this year.

If you don't think that we have potential to be a really good side with the right coach, right game plan, defensive accountability coached in, two way running and now with a back up ruck then you are a dickhead.

I am not sure what the ceiling is with both our clubs but there are exciting times for both of us from 2016 onwards.

Thats they key, know one really knows. The Thurlow you have not heard of could become a gun player or flop. Stanley could prove most pundits correct or he could be a huge win. His highlights package is very high end. Its exciting time when you not sure.

We did have 7 first choice 22 players out of our side in that game......

Did it occur to you that Danger might have faith in his current side and he's not going to jump ship immediately we got a significant upgrade on Sando in Phil Walsh and what he is going to build into us with elite habits, two way running and being able to coach in the coaches box competently.

Yes you might have a really good development program and I give you credit for that but we develop our players pretty well too, even though we haven't got a single digit draft pick on our list.

I think you will find we all have a degree of hesitation after Boak.

Well we've been in the finals for a while, how's the crows looking?

Injuries to a few key players, crows weren't much chop. We had injuries a plenty too, but finished top 4.

Good point , I think they will go for the three R1's inside 20 again. Would they a R1 for Steven as a FA?

They will finish bottom 3 again so if they get band 1 compo for steven and he wants to go they wont match an offer.

It's a bit difficult to speak of his faith when he hasn't signed and the rumour mill has been on overdrive about him for the last year or two. Whilst you're no Melbourne or last year's Brisbane, you would have to admit that Adelaide hasn't been the most attractive football club as far as either on-field performance or location goes (unless you already call South Australia home). We'll never have the attractive location of a Hawthorn or a Sydney, but at least we've produced a top-four side almost year in year out for eight years and have a history of excellent player welfare management and development.

Adelaide has, on the other hand, had issues with player exodus (and I found its dummy spit after Jack Gunston left with taking the best first-year player award off him pretty juvenile) and coaching stability. Sacking Sanderson after such an unlucky year was a poor move and the club will need time to settle.

If Danger does go, we can afford him, and we're a good destination for footballers, but I'm more worried that he'll go to Collingwood, Hawthorn or any other Victorian club that may come from the clouds this year.

Well not really.

Lots of your stars are retiring in the next few years.

You don't need to get rude there mate.

Who are these stars that are going to get you in contention for a premiership? Just curious
I've had many posts with bailey1 on other pages about this and he's always been hard but fair.

Our window is still open but looks different. An there are different factors now too. Our line up is different so whilst agreeing its open, we are a longer shot and we really won't know until we see the buy in from new players and honestly the vets as well.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back