Should we trade Dangerfield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crouch#44

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Won't stop the board looking, things are getting more active!

Either a trade or no trade with danger list management will be getting a big boost!
But the board won't revolve around one player and offers are welcomed

Loyal Lion

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions
Loyal Lion how has Aish settled in up there?

To me he seems like the next in line after Kernahan, Pavlich and Gibbs - the much coveted South Australian that we swoon over every trade period but never land.

I haven't actually heard a word in the media from him except when he got the rising star nomination. Not unusual for a young player I guess but we also don't really hear much from Brisbane anyway. Does he live with other Lions player(s)? Has there been any talk about getting him on a longer term contract earlier than usual?

As we speak, the Lions are trying to secure Aish for a longer term. His contract expires next year. There hasn't been a great deal of conjecture about his future or if he is homesick. I really hope that we can hang onto him as he is all class. But you're right though, Drugs Are Bad Mackay, he would be someone who you would target as some stage in the future. What are your views on Sam Mayes? He is a very good SA boy as well.

Crouch#44

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Won't stop the board looking, things are getting more active!

Either a trade or no trade with danger list management will be getting a big boost!

Loyal Lion

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions
Just not sure if you or us want to go through the whole Polec saga again in 12 months time with Aish. Who are the Aish family aligned to, Adelaide or Port?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
As we speak, the Lions are trying to secure Aish for a longer term. His contract expires next year. There hasn't been a great deal of conjecture about his future or if he is homesick. I really hope that we can hang onto him as he is all class. But you're right though, Drugs Are Bad Mackay, he would be someone who you would target as some stage in the future. What are your views on Sam Mayes? He is a very good SA boy as well.
Absolutely love Sam Mayes. His finals series with North Adelaide as a teenager in his draft year was outstanding.

I'd love us to poach either of them but I get the impression from afar that the trouble you've had with players leaving has had an effect of bonding those that stayed true, and now there is a young group together of similar age getting chances at AFL level perhaps earlier than they would at other clubs. Becoming good friends, growing together. Throw in the beach and some sunshine and it might become pretty attractive quickly!

Again, been quite impressed with Leppitsch though haven't heard heaps from him. Reminds me a bit of Hardwick - has a touch of humour about him that can lighten the mood, help cope with a tough period without the walls caving in. What are Lions' fans thoughts on him one year in?

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Good. I love Danger, but I don't want the club to revolve around him and cater to everything he wants. Roo has the right idea in saying he wants to build a culture that players want to stay at, but you need to do that and not build it to cater to one guy.

Just not sure if you or us want to go through the whole Polec saga again in 12 months time with Aish. Who are the Aish family aligned to, Adelaide or Port?

Wash your mouth, Aish family belongs to all that is good about SA ie Norwood.:p

Would you guys accept trading in Ryder for Aish?

AndrewJo

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Redbacks.
So I heard last night that Daingerfield isnt very well liked by the playing group and is very up himself, apparently this is part of the reason Sando was sacked as Danger was the golden child and was aloud to not train for any little reason but everyone else was made to no matter what

So the way I see it is either when Sando was sacked Danger was told to pull his head in or this may have been the differing view in where the list is at (The board may want to trade Danger but Sando didn't)
So where did you hear this? In Dreamland?

Loyal Lion

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions
Absolutely love Sam Mayes. His finals series with North Adelaide as a teenager in his draft year was outstanding.

I'd love us to poach either of them but I get the impression from afar that the trouble you've had with players leaving has had an effect of bonding those that stayed true, and now there is a young group together of similar age getting chances at AFL level perhaps earlier than they would at other clubs. Becoming good friends, growing together. Throw in the beach and some sunshine and it might become pretty attractive quickly!

Again, been quite impressed with Leppitsch though haven't heard heaps from him. Reminds me a bit of Hardwick - has a touch of humour about him that can lighten the mood, help cope with a tough period without the walls caving in. What are Lions' fans thoughts on him one year in?

Certainly is a better vibe around the club now, as opposed to 12 months ago. I think Leppa has had a big hand in that positivity. The players seem to have a good bond with him. He has impressed a lot of people with his cool demeanour, especially after a loss! Do you think that the so called player's group had any say in removing Sando? Dangerfield has received a fair bit of press, about his apparent role. Even read somewhere (probably from Rucci) that he wouldn't be a Crow if Sanderson remained as coach. Sounds a bit far fetched.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Certainly is a better vibe around the club now, as opposed to 12 months ago. I think Leppa has had a big hand in that positivity. The players seem to have a good bond with him. He has impressed a lot of people with his cool demeanour, especially after a loss! Do you think that the so called player's group had any say in removing Sando? Dangerfield has received a fair bit of press, about his apparent role. Even read somewhere (probably from Rucci) that he wouldn't be a Crow if Sanderson remained as coach. Sounds a bit far fetched.
It seems that the relationship between Sanderson and a number of players has deteriorated over the last two seasons. Not to say that the players made the decision but indirectly their feedback would have.

Loyal Lion

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions
Wash your mouth, Aish family belongs to all that is good about SA ie Norwood.:p

Would you guys accept trading in Ryder for Aish?

Oh apologies there! I actually have quite a few SA grand finals from the 80's on Beta tapes somewhere. Maybe I should start watching them as a history lesson. Was Gary McIntosh a famous Norwood lad? Personally I wouldn't trade Aish for Ryder. I think that the Bomber's hand is weak there & a 2nd round pick will be enough. Plus I think if young Aish wants to move anywhere, it would be home to SA.

Oh apologies there! I actually have quite a few SA grand finals from the 80's on Beta tapes somewhere. Maybe I should start watching them as a history lesson. Was Gary McIntosh a famous Norwood lad? Personally I wouldn't trade Aish for Ryder. I think that the Bomber's hand is weak there & a 2nd round pick will be enough. Plus I think if young Aish wants to move anywhere, it would be home to SA.

Sorry I didn't explain. Ryder to Lions, Aish to Crows, Pick 9 to Essendon.

Loyal Lion

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions
Sorry I didn't explain. Ryder to Lions, Aish to Crows, Pick 9 to Essendon.

No I wouldn't like that deal to be honest. If Aish wanted to come home, would most likely deal with the Crows directly & pick up Ryder with a 2nd round pick. Would there ANY club(s) in the AFL (apart from Port) where you'd hate to see Danger playing for, even if it meant taking a lesser deal elsewhere? I would have hated with a passion, seeing J.Brown playing for Collingwood or Carlton. Would have turned my back on the AFL if that happened!

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow - it's up to the club if they want to trade me?

He's gone and sooner rather than later
No he's not, he's saying what matters is what's happening behind closed doors.

It's not up to the club as he has to agree to it.

He just wants to see what happens to our club post the upheaval and there's nothing wrong with that. For all he knows we could land a Neeld.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How is Dangerfield saying "It's up to the club if they trade me" a sign of anything?

It's bloody ridiculous.

He won't sign soon even if he thinks he's probably going to stay.

Calm down.
I'm calm. If he goes he goes. But don't mistake what he's saying here.

We can only trade him if he agrees. A simple, I'm not going anywhere in 2015 cuts it off at the knees.

He's thrown it back to the club and made it their decision.

If you choose not to trade me I will stay

If you choose to trade me I will go.

There's nothing ambiguous about his words this time.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
No he's not, he's saying what matters is what's happening behind closed doors.

It's not up to the club as he has to agree to it.

He just wants to see what happens to our club post the upheaval and there's nothing wrong with that. For all he knows we could land a Neeld.
But that's the point - he's saying it is up to the club

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
I'm calm. If he goes he goes. But don't mistake what he's saying here.

We can only trade him if he agrees. A simple, I'm not going anywhere in 2015 cuts it off at the knees.

He's thrown it back to the club and made it their decision.

If you choose not to trade me I will stay

If you choose to trade me I will go.

There's nothing ambiguous about his words this time.

Well, yeah. What's he supposed to say?

Back