Show off your latest gaming purchases!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking about it.
I thought Far Cry 2 sucked, but I've heard some good things about the first and obviously 3 had rave reviews and I missed that.
I'll probably just pick up Far Cry 3 on it's own, though.

Thinking doing the same thing but picking up Blood dragon later. The collectors edition is pretty good though.

Lol at EB prices. Jesus Christ.

Let me know how Book of Memories is BotsMaster.

It's just gone on sale on the PS Store if you were interested.

Silent Hill Book of Memories (not available in New Zealand)
Was £24.99/€29.99/AU$39.99, now £6.49/€7.99/AU$11.75
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

got a bigger than anticipated pay bump and decided to reward myself by expanding my gamecube collection from:

f20X67S.jpg

to

HD4XdDX.jpg

now to find the time to play them. hah.
aside from smash and twin snakes (and some multi-plat games), is there anything else for the system worth playing?

Nice GCN collection man, it's also one of the older consoles i've been collecting for.

I would also recommend for you

Tales of Symphonia (although the HD version is available on PS3 now)
Resident Evil 4
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Heres a pic of my GCN collection so far (used to have more, trying to regain them)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they all American versions bar Wind Waker?
yeah i picked up a cheap zelda collectors edition unit in the states last year and it's just been gathering dust til i got some games (and a PAL power adapter).

thanks for the recommendations. forgot to say that i have metriod prime 2, pikmin 1 & 2 & twilight princess all on the wii, re4 on a few platforms and i plan on getting that HD version of symphonia. will def check out double dash and f-zero. i forgot about four swords; is that a multiplayer only game? if not, what's it like single player?

so far i've played luigi's mansion (awesome fun) and mario sunshine (don't mind the setting too much but it controls like balls compared to all other mario 3d games i've played).

yeah i picked up a cheap zelda collectors edition unit in the states last year and it's just been gathering dust til i got some games (and a PAL power adapter).

thanks for the recommendations. forgot to say that i have metriod prime 2, pikmin 1 & 2 & twilight princess all on the wii, re4 on a few platforms and i plan on getting that HD version of symphonia. will def check out double dash and f-zero. i forgot about four swords; is that a multiplayer only game? if not, what's it like single player?

so far i've played luigi's mansion (awesome fun) and mario sunshine (don't mind the setting too much but it controls like balls compared to all other mario 3d games i've played).

No worries. Luigis Mansion is awesome so definitely play that first. You've got most of the essentials, Double Dash should be on top of your priorities list as that's a must have. Four Swords is pretty much a multiplayer game, you can play it in single player but it's not the same. You also need the GBA and GBA adapters to play it in multiplayer. Get Smash Bros, I can't believe I forgot that one. Animal Crossing and the Mario Party games are good but not essentials. I know you have Twilight Princess on Wii but the GameCube version is known as the definitive version and it's quite rare as well. Might be something worth holding on to as retro games get harder to find.

Metroid Prime 2
Super Smash Bros Melee is the best iteration of the series.
Mario Kart Double Dash is the last good console Mario Kart (MK8 should change this)

If you can get a hold of F-Zero you really should, fantastic game.

F Zero Gx is incredible, good call.
Need to get that on ebay as I only rented it back in the day.

No worries. Luigis Mansion is awesome so definitely play that first. You've got most of the essentials, Double Dash should be on top of your priorities list as that's a must have. Four Swords is pretty much a multiplayer game, you can play it in single player but it's not the same. You also need the GBA and GBA adapters to play it in multiplayer. Get Smash Bros, I can't believe I forgot that one. Animal Crossing and the Mario Party games are good but not essentials. I know you have Twilight Princess on Wii but the GameCube version is known as the definitive version and it's quite rare as well. Might be something worth holding on to as retro games get harder to find.

Yeah I agree I got the GCN version of Twilight Princess when it launched. Much better than the wii version with it's shoddy motion controls.

I don't even have a PS3 but I bought these at EB Games anyway before going to Uni last week ...

51335_0b18ba65837bea06ba29673a289dc401.JPG

And bought this from OzGameShop when they released it for sale ...

tumblr_inline_mnppjvzAhe1qz4rgp.jpg

Since I'm extra dumb I'll show what I haven't touched since buying a few weeks go ...

IMG_0049.JPG

Tada ...

Last edited:
Nice purchases mate, are you planning on getting a PS3 soon?
I don't think i'll ever get rid of mine (or any of my other consoles for that matter)
Especially since backwards compatibility is so hard to do now.
Still got my Xbox OG, Gamecube & PS2
Sold my PSP 3000 last year and i really regret it since the VITA doesn't play UMDs
Planning on getting another on ebay and collecting for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back