viccles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2004
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Mine is in the process of having a makeover. Currently have a 42" Sony TV, Xbox One and Wii U (Soon PS4). For you guys with wonderful cable management - how do you hide them?? Mine are everywhere :(

s**t just got real...might have a Daytona USA arcade machine in the new place....Maybe... lol

Other upgrades so far....48" Samsung HD TV & Samsung sound bar. More goodies coming soon. Some pictures in the following weeks.

Donnie Darko

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
s**t just got real...might have a Daytona USA arcade machine in the new place....Maybe... lol

Other upgrades so far....48" Samsung HD TV & Samsung sound bar. More goodies coming soon. Some pictures in the following weeks.

It would be my dream to have a classic Turbo Outrun arcade coin-op .

Quality thread, love the set ups!

Just purchased a home and land package with the fiance, won't be moved in till June next year roughly so ill have to contribute to the 2015 thread.

The good news is, it has been decided that the garage will be the designated man cave / entertainment area! pretty wrapt with that (its only a small house so it works well).

Have a 360, Wii, N64 at the moment but will be getting a PS4 at some stage too.

Needing to get a cabniet that will hold all of those plus foxtel.

Will also have a bar in the mancave, i have around 8-9 sporting frames to go up and 14-16 Signed sherrins in cases to display as well.

So i have a bit to work with, but its great seeing all of these ideas!

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός

Um, dude, if I had know you wanted a Daytona arcade cabinet, my brother in law is trying to offload one. A Double set.

Let me know. Not sure if he's sold it yet.

Um, dude, if I had know you wanted a Daytona arcade cabinet, my brother in law is trying to offload one. A Double set.

Let me know. Not sure if he's sold it yet.

Um, dude...let me know the condition & price. Seller has been having issues with the unit, so he is getting it repaired before selling.

Let me know.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Um, dude...let me know the condition & price. Seller has been having issues with the unit, so he is getting it repaired before selling.

Let me know.

I'll ask him today if he's sold it or not.

Edited with details.

I have my gaming area covering about a 4x5 area of my den, which is a downstairs rumpus room all for me :) the room is 7x9, has 9 separately switch down lights and is tiled with a split system inverter. It has its own kitchen area and bathroom with shower and toilet too :)

My wife and I moved in recently so the whole room is very early in its development in terms of what I plan to do with it.

Obligatory pool table, arcade machine, pinball machine and weights setup to follow.

My actual gaming setup is...

Unit 1:
70 inch Sony Bravia
GameCube
SNES
Dreamcast
PS2
Master System 1
Fire Red N64
NES
Wii U
PS3
PS4

image.jpg

Unit 2:
46 inch Sony Bravia
Grape Purple N64
Master System 2
Mega Drive 2
Xbox 360

image.jpg

image.jpg

Collection of consoles, games and accessories:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is it possible you've been out nerded?

Both have pretty amazing collections.

I have 360s in the same way he has N64s. I currently have a 360E, Star Wars 360S, Reach 360S, Halo 4 360S and Halo 3 360 Fat. But I also at one point owned an original 360, Modern Warfare 2 360 and Resident Evil 5 360.

Trevelyan do you have the Pokemon Nintendo 64? That's the one I've got.

Shpeshal Ed, I don't have one of those yet. I've missed a few opportunities but they come up every now and again boxed so I'll grab one eventually.

Just checked out your load-out on page 2 of this thread. Very impressive!

I've updated my post with details of my units and what's hooked up, with a few closer pics.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Shpeshal Ed, I don't have one of those yet. I've missed a few opportunities but they come up every now and again boxed so I'll grab one eventually.

Just checked out your load-out on page 2 of this thread. Very impressive!

I've updated my post with details of my units and what's hooked up, with a few closer pics.

If I ever decide to sell some of my older consoles (been considering it lately, already sold Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie), I'll give you first dibs.

onthemoney

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn

How do you like your sound bar? I'm thinking about heading that way, not sure surround is going to work with our current lounge layout.

How do you like your sound bar? I'm thinking about heading that way, not sure surround is going to work with our current lounge layout.

Love it. Bought a Samsung and the sound is really good for what it is. I paid $450 but Samsung were having a sale on their website not too long ago and you could pick them up for $350.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
What's the go with a lot of these set Ups? Do they have their own dedicated room, exist in another room, or some kind of separate man cave/refurbished shed? What's everyones thoughts on the ideal situation?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
What's the go with a lot of these set Ups? Do they have their own dedicated room, exist in another room, or some kind of separate man cave/refurbished shed? What's everyones thoughts on the ideal situation?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

I have my own room. Some do it as part of living rooms though. Will obviously depend on the house. I'm lucky I made an adjustment to my room to make it half a study to free up a room for a potential second drainer...I mean kid.

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Not done with my, but happy with it so far.
Things to note: It blocks my cupboard off that has all my limited edition stuff, boxes and other crap in there. It's only on this side for a week or two until I move some stuff out of this area so the desk can go on the other side of the room and the cupboard become a showcase for all the gaming s**t I have. I also got the desk for 100 bucks which I thought was a good deal. Xbox 1 & 360 on that end <

Sorry for shitty picture.

4kE11AV.png

and for those wondering my PC specs (my first PC I built with much help from Gold Member):
NZXT H440 RED
i5 4690
8 GB RAM @ 1600
120 GB 840 EVO SSD
1 TB WD Blue
Radeon XFX R9 280X
AsTock H87 Performance motherboard
RED LED lighting (not visable in computer)
and a bunch of corsair RED AS 120's

Monitors are BenQ XL2420Z in the middle, some shitty LG on the left and my iMac 21.5

Getting a new keyboard and mouse soon along with either another XL24020Z or a couple of cheaper ASUS monitors (heard they do the job well) - BenQ monitor I usually just play Xbox One.

and the cord sticking out the top of my PC is for my snowball mic, which I don't use much as I have Astro A40's plugged into both console and PC. I need to invest in another TOSlink cable because it's a pain switching when I play 360 when I've just done playing XB1 lol

Under the desk is a box with doors that goes along the back that I built. I'll try get a better photo of it hiding the cables but my phones camera is s**t

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back