Show us your gaming setup

So here's a question, as I've seen a couple of variants in this thread and would like opinion on them as I'm in need of one with the reno going on in my room at the moment.

What's a good seat/chair for gaming in? The last few years I've mainly used an office chair, but eventually they start to creak and crack and they just in general don't last all that long and aren't necessarily all that great in terms of comfort.

What's the recommendation? Sofa/Couch Seat? Expensive office chairs? Specifically designed gaming chairs?

What do you guys use and what do you think is best?

So here's a question, as I've seen a couple of variants in this thread and would like opinion on them as I'm in need of one with the reno going on in my room at the moment.

What's a good seat/chair for gaming in? The last few years I've mainly used an office chair, but eventually they start to creak and crack and they just in general don't last all that long and aren't necessarily all that great in terms of comfort.

What's the recommendation? Sofa/Couch Seat? Expensive office chairs? Specifically designed gaming chairs?

Lazy boy? Or do you like to lay down sometimes?

Lazy boy? :rainbow::rainbow: Or do you like to lay down sometimes?:hearts::hearts::hearts:
hqdefault.jpg

:p

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
View attachment 50291

To the left there is a couple bookshelves full of games and older consoles and little knickknacks, but I can't be bothered taking any more photos, too lodged.
I'm running out of room, so I'm going to have to get an entertainment center and shelf like that. Looks good!

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I'm short-sighted and HATE wearing glasses to game! lol
I do the same thing, haha. I'd rather sit half a meter from the TV with my glasses off than sit back with them on.

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets

Beanbag!

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons

Sat in a DXRacer (?) a while back and holy damn they are good but cost like $300. I know a few people have said the Bathurst race chair from Officeworks is fairly good for it's price. I plan on getting it once I get my new PC setup and setup ready.

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
Sat in a DXRacer (?) a while back and holy damn they are good but cost like $300. I know a few people have said the Bathurst race chair from Officeworks is fairly good for it's price. I plan on getting it once I get my new PC setup and setup ready.
I looked at that one but went all in and got the one a couple of ranges up with the reclining back, it's way more comfortable and hopefully will last a few years. I work from home every now and then so I'll claim it back on tax at the end of the FY.

Oct 4, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
My setup isn't the best and is slowly being improved, and once I have it at its best I will take a photo.

Currently stands as:

50" TV on the far left, connected to Foxtel.
Next to that is my gaming laptop set up.
Next to that is a 32" TV with my PS4.
Next to that is a 32" TV with my PC - connected with Tt eSports Pro Challenger Gaming Keyboard and Tt eSports Theron Gaming Mouse)
Next to that is a 32" TV with my XBOX One.
Next to that I have all my accessories set up (Elgato HD Game Capture, Astro a40's w/ mixamp, printer) under that I have my stack of games.
Currently use an office chair, looking to upgrade to a single recliner couch seat.

Want to add:

Brackets to the wall to make keeping the wiring neater possible.
Wider desks so there is a little more room for my hand-helds.
Upgrade the 32" TV's to 40" (although 40" may be too big for a PC)
An individual shelf to stock my games on.

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
My setup isn't the best and is slowly being improved, and once I have it at its best I will take a photo.

Currently stands as:

50" TV on the far left, connected to Foxtel.
Next to that is my gaming laptop set up.
Next to that is a 32" TV with my PS4.
Next to that is a 32" TV with my PC - connected with Tt eSports Pro Challenger Gaming Keyboard and Tt eSports Theron Gaming Mouse)
Next to that is a 32" TV with my XBOX One.
Next to that I have all my accessories set up (Elgato HD Game Capture, Astro a40's w/ mixamp, printer) under that I have my stack of games.
Currently use an office chair, looking to upgrade to a single recliner couch seat.

Want to add:

Brackets to the wall to make keeping the wiring neater possible.
Wider desks so there is a little more room for my hand-helds.
Upgrade the 32" TV's to 40" (although 40" may be too big for a PC)
An individual shelf to stock my games on.

Needs more Nintendo.

My setup looks better these days, will have to take more pics soon.
I have vacuumed this time =P
Well la de da Mr.French Man!

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Just finished dusting the room (one of the many nuisances with all the electronics) and added a PS4 and Wii U to the mix since the last post. I've laid the 360 to rest and the PS3 will soon follow after I'm done with South Park and GTA V. :( Yes that's a pink 3DS. :D

IMG_1155 1.jpg

Back