Show us your gaming setup

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought i would show off my rigs seeing other are doing it.

CPU 7-core cell
Ram 256MB XDR + 256MB GDDR3
Blu-Ray
USB 2.0
610 mAh Dualshock 3 Controller

View attachment 144149

Also have this one
CPU 8-Core x86-64 AMD Jaguar
RAM 8GB GDDR5
Blu-Ray
3.0 USB
1000 mAh Dualshock 4

View attachment 144152

Boy oh boy wowee im part of the superior race now. I can finaly look down on all those console plebs.

Sweet rigs, super jelly right now.

Thought i would show off my rigs seeing other are doing it.

CPU 7-core cell
Ram 256MB XDR + 256MB GDDR3
Blu-Ray
USB 2.0
610 mAh Dualshock 3 Controller

View attachment 144149

Also have this one
CPU 8-Core x86-64 AMD Jaguar
RAM 8GB GDDR5
Blu-Ray
3.0 USB
1000 mAh Dualshock 4

View attachment 144152

Boy oh boy wowee im part of the superior race now. I can finaly look down on all those console plebs.

How much does stuff like that cost.

Topic called "Show us your gaming setup", who would have thought actually showing gaming setups was such a PC elitist thing to do in a thread specifically for it...

Gawd you suck.

The maturity level never ceases to amaze me.

Mate, you go from thread to thread shitting on anything non-PC, and the second someone makes a fairly obvious gag you have a cry. Come on.

Mate, you go from thread to thread shitting on anything non-PC, and the second someone makes a fairly obvious gag you have a cry. Come on.

Just seems pretty stupid to be trolling about a subject that the entire premise of the thread is on...
And I don't s**t on everything non-PC, that's a fallacy. I s**t on things that deserve to be shat on.

Just seems pretty stupid to be trolling about a subject that the entire premise of the thread is on...

I thought it was both light-hearted and comical.

And I don't s**t on everything non-PC, that's a fallacy. I s**t on things that deserve to be shat on.

Maybe not everything. But you do do a fair bit of shitting, yeah?

I thought it was both light-hearted and comical.

Maybe not everything. But you do do a fair bit of shitting, yeah?

I do, but that's because I'm pretty cynical about the games industry. I don't blindly heap praise and/or condemnation on things simply because they are or are not related to the PC... I dislike being called an elitist as much as I dislike others calling console-only gamers 'plebs'. It's so reductive and just causes bullshit animosity.

I do, but that's because I'm pretty cynical about the games industry. I don't blindly heap praise and/or condemnation on things simply because they are or are not related to the PC... I dislike being called an elitist as much as I dislike others calling console-only gamers 'plebs'. It's so reductive and just causes bullshit animosity.

TBH I really don't give a turd about console vs console vs PC - just seems like a massive waste of time and I'm a firm believer in each to their own, but you may be underestimating how much time you spend telling everyone how much better PCs are than PS4s.

TBH I really don't give a turd about console vs console vs PC - just seems like a massive waste of time and I'm a firm believer in each to their own, but you may be underestimating how much time you spend telling everyone how much better PCs are than PS4s.

Think you might just be latching on to things that I say and not treating them for what they are...

The only things that I've gone on about as far as I can recall are:
-Remasters of newer games are a terrible trend (nothing to do with console vs PC)
-PS4 wifi receiver and/or PSN is garbage (at least mine is, seems a common problem for others from research as well)

So yeah... I stand by those statements.

I have been gaming since the Commadore 64 days. I then upgraded to a Amiga and then the Apple IIe is what I credit that transformed me into a PC Hobbist/gamer. I dont play consoles, though my kids have both the ps3 and ps4. I don't rubbish console players as the only reason i never play them is that one, i could never adjust from keyboard/mouse to that bloody controller, i can never aim quickly enough :p Secondly as I love being able to upgrade and tinker and you cant do that on the console.

So I posted my rig, as one I had promised too when i first mentioned the build...I thought this was the right thread to do it in, or was I wrong ? I am confused ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you might just be latching on to things that I say and not treating them for what they are...

The only things that I've gone on about as far as I can recall are:
-Remasters of newer games are a terrible trend (nothing to do with console vs PC)
-PS4 wifi receiver and/or PSN is garbage (at least mine is, seems a common problem for others from research as well)

So yeah... I stand by those statements.

No, I'm referring to your slagging of frame rates and comparison hardware specs.

I have been gaming since the Commadore 64 days. I then upgraded to a Amiga and then the Apple IIe is what I credit that transformed me into a PC Hobbist/gamer. I dont play consoles, though my kids have both the ps3 and ps4. I don't rubbish console players as the only reason i never play them is that one, i could never adjust from keyboard/mouse to that bloody controller, i can never aim quickly enough :p Secondly as I love being able to upgrade and tinker and you cant do that on the console.

So I posted my rig, as one I had promised too when i first mentioned the build...I thought this was the right thread to do it in, or was I wrong ? I am confused ?

No not all mate, go for it. Another poster was just making a joke and showing the inside of his console in the name of a laugh.

All good. :)

While we're here, we've had people saying it's worth more than their car. How much did your set up set you back?

No, I'm referring to your slagging of frame rates and comparison hardware specs.

So I'm not allowed to be annoyed at poor framerates? And again, I haven't done this near as much as you seem to think...

I also honestly don't recall talking about hardware let alone comparing them.

So I'm not allowed to be annoyed at poor framerates? And again, I haven't done this near as much as you seem to think...

Of course you are, this is a forum and you're entitled to your opinion. Just as anyone else is entitled to call you out on it.

While we're here, we've had people saying it's worth more than their car. How much did your set up set you back?

Normally I would have put it together myself, to cut costs BUT being 43, working full time and married with 4 young kids, well i did not have the time. I also brought a 4k res monitor that actually has a 60 mhz refresh rate with 4k gaming ( a lot i found dont). I also brought office, a new mechanical keyboard Chroma( still getting used to it) and a razor death adder, also a razor 7.1 headset.

All up cost me 8.5k.

Normally I would have put it together myself, to cut costs BUT being 43, working full time and married with 4 young kids, well i did not have the time. I also brought a 4k res monitor that actually has a 60 mhz refresh rate with 4k gaming ( a lot i found dont). I also brought office, a new mechanical keyboard Chroma( still getting used to it) and a razor death adder, also a razor 7.1 headset.

All up cost me 8.5k.

Sweet *en Jebus.

Untitled.png

And that's just at a glance.

Haha, that what my wife said :p

the hardware alone is worth 7.5-8k. Add in the work to get it all installed clean, with cooling, was a big job. I highly recommend scorptech. They took a few weeks to do it but its the cleanest build I have ever owned.

And how long would something like this last for?

View attachment 144394

And how long would something like this last for?

Honestly, i did a fair bit of research on that. I could have gone 2 980's but decided on the titan due to future protection. The rig should be considered still in the top 5% for a good 5 years. Once DX12 comes out it will be even better as I have a full 12gig of Vram to use on one card. I plan to in 3 years to add another titan in SLI and if need to, was the reason i went the mother board and case, ill add a third titan but that wont be for many years imo.

View attachment 144394

And that's just at a glance.

80% of those posts are at a time where the consoles were brand new and majority thought 1080/60 would be a standard... And a lot are in response to people who say they can't tell the difference between 30/60 frames, which is blatant lying. Or they are clinically blind. One of two options.

Haha, that what my wife said :p

the hardware alone is worth 7.5-8k. Add in the work to get it all installed clean, with cooling, was a big job. I highly recommend scorptech. They took a few weeks to do it but its the cleanest build I have ever owned.
Scorptec are very good - have been my go to PC place for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back