Showdown - Adelaide v Port Adelaide - Rd 15 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, jacobs & betts really hurt us today, wish carlton never got rid of those 2.

Oh well, we'll bounce back.

Thompson 34 touches, Danger 32, Crouch 28 and all 3 kicked a goal. That's where a lot of the damage was done along with Sauce. But yeah Betts was huge. Thought Impey might contain him.

Neither are you yet. Last year when Trengove was injured you lost all five of those games.

Who comes in for him next week?

Sitting in 2nd spot after Round 15, hard to see us actually falling out of the 8.

With Trengove's replacement, I'd personally either go with Cam O'Shea or Tom Clurey, or if Carlile doesn't pull up either we can bring in both of them.

Thompson 34 touches, Danger 32, Crouch 28 and all 3 kicked a goal. That's where a lot of the damage was done along with Sauce. But yeah Betts was huge. Thought Impey might contain him.
Will be a lot of battles in the future I reckon Betts v Impey. He did very well for a first year on one of the best and most experienced small forwards in the comp... Will be very good viewing for many years

Sitting in 2nd spot after Round 15, hard to see us actually falling out of the 8.

With Trengove's replacement, I'd personally either go with Cam O'Shea or Tom Clurey, or if Carlile doesn't pull up either we can bring in both of them.

I agree, but surely you learnt tonight that nothing is guaranteed till it happens.

Will be a lot of battles in the future I reckon Betts v Impey. He did very well for a first year on one of the best and most experienced small forwards in the comp... Will be very good viewing for many years

In the first Showdown you guys moved Jonas onto Betts as Impey got tired. Was waiting for that move tonight. Even with Trengove being injured it would have been worth a gamble doing this at the end as our talls were not dominating due to the wet and moving Jonas from one of these guys to Betts before Betts sealed the game could have been a match winner.

Am glad Hinkley didn't consider this option though.

Only game this year where I was truly excited watching a footy game, it's been a while since I've fist pumped a goal on the telly but today was the day, between 2 teams I couldn't care less about in the grand scheme of things, awesome game, Port are a good team and will bounce back. Eddie Betts take a bow, awesome game and some clutch goals.

Well what a game , that was great to watch , I like both those clubs , but I picked the Crows and I'm wrapped. But those sort of games are what makes me forget the umpires. Thank heaven open and a real long range footy match. In fact Port opened up the forward line and cleared the area set runners on the wingsand HAD A GO!!!!!!
Thanks SA footy, gave us a bloody good football match, and I'm a born and bred Vic but anything that puts up FOOTBALL is great.

PS we got a couple of champs from your state , and not a bad coach either. BUT YOUR NOT GETTIN THEM BACK. ha ha ha !

At least we managed to get Darren Jarman off you guys. :p

Port will be lucky to hold onto a spot in the Top 4.

They have bugger all depth, if Kane Mitchell is a best 22 player, they aren't in the class of Fremantle, Sydney or Hawthorn.

I still want to cry when I think about how Mitchell tore us a new one when we played them this year. Should only be selected if he's going to be used as the sub where he actually can make a decent impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B grade teams beat good teams now and then. Adelaide NEEDED that game. Raped by the umps, played poorly move on.
When the weather turned to crap and the game became a hard slog, the Crows made Port Power look like a rabble of school girls. Soft and gutless tonight. Out in straight sets.

I still want to cry when I think about how Mitchell tore us a new one when we played them this year. Should only be selected if he's going to be used as the sub where he actually can make a decent impact.

In finals, it's not your top 6 players that win you games.

It's your bottom 6.

If you compare Hawthorn, Fremantle, Sydney & Port, Port's bottom 6 will be found out.

Kane Mitchell would win Adelaide's BnF

charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif

B grade teams beat good teams now and then. Adelaide NEEDED that game. Raped by the umps, played poorly move on.

Umps had nothing to do with it, Port's form has been patchy for the last few weeks and aside from the Sydney game they've have had soft opponents (Melb, St Kilda and Bulldogs) that have flattered Port. Today was probably the reality check that Port needed to get back on track form wise.

The issue for Port is their list and best 22 has a very young demographic.

A big component of their game is their ability to outrun their opponents.

When you've been up all season, unless you rotate your list like Geelong did in 2011, it is very hard to be flying on all cylinders come September.

Typical Power supporter, Poort where outplayed. Back in the day the real Poort supporters (Maggies) would say well played and not blame the umpires

Wha?????

Anyway, ignoring the above contradiction and ignoring the umpires, the Crows simply outplayed us today.
But we'll move on and improve as we have with every loss we've had in the last two seasons.....

F
Adelaide rolled Gold Coast in Adelaide for the Hawks to get back in the top four, now if they do this, i'll have to start liking Adelaide.
Feels wrong doesn't it?
Don't worry, we'll beat you in 2 weeks and you'll hate us again ;)

What are people reading into this? Port are a great side, the Crows are an inconsistent side capable of playing very good football , and Showdowns are invariably close regardless of ladder position. Why not just appreciate it for being a great game instead of making asinine proclamations about form, danger in September, etc?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back