Shuey V Ziebell

Who would you prefer in your team

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has the most tackles? Who has the most taps to advantage?
I didn't say NN had a better year I was proving he wasn't clueless around the ground.
No offence but I don't even know what you're on about half the time. Ziebell is not damaging yet who out of the two received perfect 10 votes from the coaches?
Priddis got ten votes numerous times I assume he is damaging as well?

Nicnat just doesn't have the tank to go with him. Eagles had to work 3 ruckman off him in the final because of how badly Goldy beat Nicnat earlier in the year without Sinclair helping him.
I wonder why he doesn't have the tank. Maybe lack of preseasons?

I wonder why he doesn't have the tank. Maybe lack of preseasons?

Shoulders don't effect running capacity. Nicnat will never have be an endurance athlete. If he could be then he would have the ability to be the best player in the comp.

Yes he is. Might have something to do with him winning a Brownlow too
Oh my god. Now you are being crazy. Priddis does no damage by foot and very little breaking away from packs much like ziebell priddis used to love the kick across the body before he actually came good. Ziebell is a poor mans priddis without the production shuey is more like an inside and more productive Jetta.

Shoulders don't effect running capacity. Nicnat will never have be an endurance athlete. If he could be then he would have the ability to be the best player in the comp.
He does have the ability to be the best player in the comp.

Delusion is high in here. Sandi is the only ruckman to beat Goldy since Cox retired. Goldy smashes NN around the ground.
It's interesting, career wise he and Naitanui win an almost identical amount of the ball, which probably surprises people. But Goldstein wins more of his outworking the other ruckmen and getting into dangerous space, he's the best ruckman in the game at that outside of Stef Martin, who's just an absurdly tall midfielder really.

When the teams play head to head though, that isn't so much the case. Goldstein averages only 8.3 possessions a game to Naitanui's 13.5 in the last 6 games between the two teams, back to 2012 when Naitanui was first AA and took over the main rucking duties.

Of course that was with Dean Cox as well, but in the two games this year they basically fought out a draw around the ground, Goldstein 10 and 12 possessions to Naitanui 13 and 11. Overall I think Goldstein shaded NN in both those matches, in Hobart he had a killer last quarter, and in the prelim NN couldn't get the clean taps as often as he usually does so his impact was down, despite winning 6 clearances. AFL site had Naitanui ahead, it was very close though, was a terrific battle to watch at the game.

Nic Naitanui – 7 Enjoyed a terrific battle with Todd Goldstein and he probably shaded the big Roo. His 30 hit-outs trailed Goldstein’s 40 but his six clearances at ground level were the second highest for the Eagles.

Edit: Should I also mention that I'd take Shuey ahead of Ziebell to keep this even a little thread related?

Goldy is without doubt s better player then Nicnat. He's better now and he's been better over the course of their careers.
Only last year people were debating why Nicnat gets a game. To quote Lloyd "he's good in the ruck but has no idea how to play the game after that, he doesn't think like a footballer".
Goldy has 2 years on Naitanui, and has only really become an elite player in the last 2 years, you have to consider most ruckmen don't reach their peaks until they're around 26-28, and due to Naitanui's high profile, he's had the burden of being compared to far more experienced players than himself his entire career. He's also suffered a lot of injuries which have not only interrupted his seasons, but destroyed his pre seasons. He made the AA team as a ruckman at 22 years old, that doesn't happen by chance. The 2 years after that he was riddled with injury and people were calling for his head because he struggled to find form on the back of no pre seasons. This year he finally had another pre season and arguably should have made the AA team after making the squad. Goldstein had the better season this year without a doubt, but Naitanui was not far behind. Give him another relatively injury free year or 2, and another pre season or 2 and he will take it 2 steps further.

In reference to your Lloyd quote, Lloyd also said:
“To see Clarke take his seven grabs last weekend and the way he gets around the ground, I don’t think he lacks anything that Naitanui has,’’

“For all the talk that goes with Naitanui, I think this guy (Clarke) is probably a better player at the moment and has huge growth in him."

“I can see Zac Clarke being the best ruckman in the competition in the coming years, whereas I couldn’t say that for Naitanui at the moment."

I'd probably take anything Matthew Lloyd says with a pinch of salt if I were you.

No offence but I don't even know what you're on about half the time. Ziebell is not damaging yet who out of the two received perfect 10 votes from the coaches?
Being best on ground in a single game doesn't make you a more damaging player, it means you had a better game. 80% of Ziebell's disposals are blindly throwing it onto the boot, trying to kick as far as possible, and turning it over half the time. Shuey has the better disposal and decision making, kicks more goals, produces more goal assists, has more clearances, makes less clangers, and has more disposals. Shuey is far more damaging.

Who has the most tackles? Who has the most taps to advantage?
Goldstein averages about half a tackle more, averages less taps to advantage, and anyone who has eyes will tell you his taps to advantage, or anyone elses for that matter, do not compare to Naitanui's.

Nicnat just doesn't have the tank to go with him. Eagles had to work 3 ruckman off him in the final because of how badly Goldy beat Nicnat earlier in the year without Sinclair helping him.
He didn't badly beat Naitanui, do you honestly believe the things that come out of your mouth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He thinks Ziebell the plodder is better then Shuey who cares what or why he thinks what he does.

The coaches also think Ziebell is better then Shuey but who cares what they think.

Ziebell also finished with one more Brownlow vote but hey. What does that matter?

Also Shuey finished 4th in WC b&f and Ziebell finished 5th.

Not sure where all this Shuey>Ziebell stuff is coming from.

s**t Ziebell is nearly a year younger apparently that means a lot in big footy

You should stop now. The people of bigfooty have spoken.

Well the 2016 season hasn't started yet and people can change thier vote. I expect Ziebell will put this one to bed and any thoughts on Shuey being as good as Ziebell will be squashed. Get around it.

Well the 2016 season hasn't started yet and people can change thier vote. I expect Ziebell will put this one to bed and any thoughts on Shuey being as good as Ziebell will be squashed. Get around it.
Lol. You are dreaming. The clanger king will never get anywhere near where shuey is now let alone at his peak.

Also Shuey finished 4th in WC b&f and Ziebell finished 5th.

Not sure where all this Shuey>Ziebell stuff is coming from.

s**t Ziebell is nearly a year younger apparently that means a lot in big footy
The coaches also think Ziebell is better then Shuey but who cares what they think.

Ziebell also finished with one more Brownlow vote but hey. What does that matter?
Holy s**t you are a broken record.

Please tell me where the coaches have stated that Ziebell is a better player then Shuey. If you tell me you are just basing this off of the coaches awards votes you are an even bigger idiot then I originally gave you credit for. For all we know Brad Scott could be giving Ziebell 5 votes every week because he has a hard on for the kid. The votes are anonymous and aren't an indicator of which footballer is better. I always thought Fyfe was better then Hannebery but clearly not...

"Not sure where all this Shuey>Ziebivgell stuff is coming from." Common sense from people who actually watch ******* football. You even yourself have admitted to being biased, just give up.

Back