Shuey V Ziebell

Who would you prefer in your team

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like both players but i would have Shuey in the tip 20 mids and JZ in the 40-50 range

Shuey finished top 10 in a lot of stats important for mids this year like clearances, goal assists and centre clearances all while being tagged every week

He has elite pace, is very good on both feet and finished the year with 24 goals playing very little time in the forward line.

The only areas i would have JZ ahead of shuey in are contested marking and tackles

I have to say guys this is by far my favourite thread. I can't wait till Ziebell rips 2016 to shreds. We can all get together and have a good laugh at how silly you all are.

I mean Shuey? Really? He is the only player exempt from ducking for free kicks. What's that all about? Yea yea, Ziebell had more fees. Hmm I wonder how many are from lowering the knees or pinging someone holding the ball. What would Beau Waters think?

Who do you think will be the first to captain thier club?

It doesn't matter how much better Shuey plays again next year if he has less coaches votes, Brownlow votes, herald sun votes or BnF votes OP is going to act like that is the only criteria that matters.

I must say though you've been a lot more entertaining since your meltdown Donkey. I nearly even liked one of your posts :eek:

It doesn't matter how much better Shuey plays again next year if he has less coaches votes, Brownlow votes, herald sun votes or BnF votes OP is going to act like that is the only criteria that matters.

I must say though you've been a lot more entertaining since your meltdown Donkey. I nearly even liked one of your posts :eek:

Melt down? I'm having the time of my BF life:rainbow:

So pretty much anything that matters? You know what you might be onto something.

But hey you'll always have the Greig Denham and the West Australian

So pretty much anything that matters? You know what you might be onto something.

But hey you'll always have the Greig Denham and the West Australian
Im from Victoria so I have no idea who that is.

I was reffering to any one of those criteria not all of them. Shuey could lead coaches votes (which don't mean much) BnF votes and Brownlow votes but then you'd argue that Herald sun voting is all that matters. Confirmation bias at its peak.

Im from Victoria so I have no idea who that is.

I was reffering to any one of those criteria not all of them. Shuey could lead coaches votes (which don't mean much) BnF votes and Brownlow votes but then you'd argue that Herald sun voting is all that matters. Confirmation bias at its peak.

No I wouldn't. My order is Coaches Votes> Brownlow> B&F's (mean more the higher the side finishes),MVP(as long as the players take it seriously), Too many media awards to really matter.

Goldy won the Age award but I don't go around saying he's the best player in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ziebell is not even remotely more dangerous in space than Shuey.

That's bullshit. Shuey is more reliable between 15-35 meters, Anything over that and Ziebell has him covered. The more distance the further the gap between Shuey and Ziebell gets. Ziebell can hit someone on the tit 50/60 meters away. Can kick goals from inside the center square, pardon my ignorance but can Shuey? And I don't just mean he's done it once, Ziebell has a habit of it

That's bullshit. Shuey is more reliable between 15-35 meters, Anything over that and Ziebell has him covered. The more distance the further the gap between Shuey and Ziebell gets. Ziebell can hit someone on the tit 50/60 meters away. Can kick goals from inside the center square, pardon my ignorance but can Shuey? And I don't just mean he's done it once, Ziebell has a habit of it
I'd say shuey does it a hell of a lot more often than ziebell. Half shueys kicks hit some one on the tit.

50%? At what distance? 30 meters?
He can do it over 30 metres on his left mate, and he has, in the Melbourne game this year. Watch his highlights from this year and you will see that he has an elite kick.

Wait a minute, when we're talking about space we're also talking about breaking the lines, which Shuey excels at.
It's not just the distance which they can kick.

He can do it over 30 metres on his left mate, and he has, in the Melbourne game this year. Watch his highlights from this year and you will see that he has an elite kick.

WOW. He can do it over 30 meters? That's amazing. Shuey is a very neat kick, no doubt. I rarely see him kick it a long way though. Shuey is explosive out of a contest but when free he usually goes for a short option does he not? That's probably the big difference between the two, Jack doesn't have that acceleration and uses strength to break free, often only enough to just get a quick kick forward. That is why his clanger count is so high. Jack become a lot harder to tackle this year and was able to find some more space simply because he was break free of tackles and we saw slightly less of the rushed kick forward. FWIW Ziebell can kick off both feet too. Seen him use his left beautifully at times.

That is utter garbage

You'd know given this heavily biased tripe:

WOW. He can do it over 30 meters? That's amazing. Shuey is a very neat kick, no doubt. I rarely see him kick it a long way though. Shuey is explosive out of a contest but when free he usually goes for a short option does he not? That's probably the big difference between the two, Jack doesn't have that acceleration and uses strength to break free, often only enough to just get a quick kick forward. That is why his clanger count is so high. Jack become a lot harder to tackle this year and was able to find some more space simply because he was break free of tackles and we saw slightly less of the rushed kick forward. FWIW Ziebell can kick off both feet too. Seen him use his left beautifully at times.

You never cease to amaze. It's almost like you can't have anyone not rating north's two "blue chips" in Cunnington and ziebell

I just think Shuey is being ridiculously overrated. He's a fine youngish player but that's about it
Heh. Luke Shuey is a gun. Inside ball winners with burst away from a stoppage and elite kicking skills don't grow on trees. Slow inside mids with poor kicking skills and have only averaged over 20 disposals once in their career do. Ziebell is good, but severely overrated by NM supporters.

Back