Shunted Off to Symonds again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Many more soccer fans get to watch the "big game" and the bulldogs as a club make a better profit because they get away from that awful Etihad Stadium deal.
On the bad side the team has to drive 30 minutes down the road to play after a lazy 4hr+ flight, OHHH THE HORROR!!!!

Much Hysteria over nothing, I'm happy for us to play the dogs at the north pole, its just a regular season away game and one we should win blind folded.

Many more soccer fans get to watch the "big game" and the bulldogs as a club make a better profit because they get away from that awful Etihad Stadium deal.
On the bad side the team has to drive 30 minutes down the road to play after a lazy 4hr+ flight, OHHH THE HORROR!!!!

Much Hysteria over nothing, I'm happy for us to play the dogs at the north pole, its just a regular season away game and one we should win blind folded.

100% agree. All this bitching and whinging when Simmonds stadium I'm sure would be a better ground than we've had to play in Adelaide the last few years.

Footy fans love thinking the rest of the competition is out to get them.

This has happened because Soccer Australua is full of arrogant w...kers. The AFL has been very accommodating giving up the MCG for games in July and set aside May 10 as requested for the ALeague final at Docklands while developing the AFL fixtures. Soccer Australia then changed the date and didn't give the AFL official notification until after the AFL fixtures were complete.Then sooked about it and tried to get the AFL to reschedule their fixtures blaming the AFL.

The same sort of arrogance that sees them request to open Burswood stadium with a soccer international even though they have shunned Perth for decades, have not put a cent in the stadium and want the State Government to pay them for the privilege of holding the game.

And if you refuse an unreasonable request from them they mouth off saying the usual false superiority crap and how the AFL is targetting them.

Issue for Vic Freo members potentially if this happens, as games at Simonds stadium aren't part of the membership. So unless a deal is made then we'd only get 4 games instead of 5.

This isn't as bad as when they made us play Geelong there. Bulldogs haven't really got any more of a home ground advantage at Simmonds than at Etihad. It's just unfortunate for the Victorian members. I would think the Victorian members pay for 5 games, so they would get this game included even if it gets moved

30 minute drive from Melbourne to Geelong:rolleyes: I want to buy what ever you're driving .

The same day as our clash against the doggies, Richmond play Collingwood at the MCG. Surely they could move that to Simmonds and play the soccer at the home of football. Win win.

Doubleheader at the G!

I know the logistics of it means that it would never happen but the advertising and hype that would generate as a one off would be huge.... and all on the same day as the A-league grand final :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Issue for Vic Freo members potentially if this happens, as games at Simonds stadium aren't part of the membership. So unless a deal is made then we'd only get 4 games instead of 5.

That's only because of the restricted capacity of the ground for Geelong games.

A Dogs home game there would have no shortage of capacity, and the GA section would be most of the ground. I'd be surprised if it got 10k, and the Dogs would be mad to lock out Freo members given they get paid for every one that swipes their membership.

Just like those annual percentage boosting wins over St Kilda at Etihad.

Thank you. I can't believe it took this many posts for someone to post this.

As someone who has already bought airfares and accommodation for this round, I'd be seriously pissed off if this happened. Just need Glory to continue their march to a premiership and earn the rights to host the final.

As someone who has already bought airfares and accommodation for this round, I'd be seriously pissed off if this happened. Just need Glory to continue their march to a premiership and earn the rights to host the final.
SouthernCross train station is next to Etihad, so just think of it as going to the game an hour early and getting home an hour late.

Plus spending a little more loot getting there and back.

Only $6 extra each way.

FWIW i'm in the same situation as i have booked flights etc to Melbourne that weekend and have no intentions of going to that pisshole.

Its moot though really, the AFL has it booked. They aren't going to forfeit that booking for the frcken A League.

Only $6 extra each way.

FWIW i'm in the same situation as i have booked flights etc to Melbourne that weekend and have no intentions of going to that pisshole.

Its moot though really, the AFL has it booked. They aren't going to forfeit that booking for the frcken A League.

Spending 12 extra bucks on travel is 12 bucks less that I can spend on the nectar of the gods;)

SouthernCross train station is next to Etihad, so just think of it as going to the game an hour early and getting home an hour late.
Hopefully it's not a night game though. V-Line don't send many late trains back to Melbourne from Geevegas. Meant we missed most of the last-quarter comeback last year against Geelong *shakes fist at sky*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back