Shut-Up Sheeds !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Night is a far more convenient and better time for everyone to watch it, pretty much all the arguments against it are moronic. It will 100% happen eventually despite the section of stuffy whingers complaining, may as well suck it up and embrace it :thumbsu:

5.40pm est bounce down please.

You are completely wrong . In fact I can see a lot of very very big changes happening in the gameS administration especially , because they are at the beginning of the end of the game and how its run by this moronic ruining AFL self centred current mob
I can see in the next few short years some of the expansion predictions a lot of people have talked about, happening.

I think the AFL will be having some deep investigating inside by other bodies of officialdom.

I think , the AFL have gone right off track as far as the regular football fan is concerned.

The lower, forever bottoming out or lower out of the final 8 clubs and fans will create this because lots will stop spending money on something they see no future in and that will see about 8 clubs that will take decades to win flags , THEIR FANS WILL DROP OFF.

While the AFL sees GWS as the poster club for the Greater Western Sydney population , who will never make the numbers needed for AFL footy , while leaving some huge membered clubs, drowning, in the biggest football state in the country, that's how you lose money!

10 clubs games every Saturday and Sunday AFTERNOONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hah give it time?

The tennis finals have been shifted to night time, and all the way through the marquee slots are at night.

Many racing days have also shifted the main race deeper into the card to have them run at closer to 5pm, instead of the normal 2pm or 3pm.

Big sporting events are transitioning to evening times, as they are primarily TV spectacles and more people watch TV at night.

As somebody else said, there are more AFL games played at twilight/night than during the day now. The majority of finals are at night....nobody batted an eyelid as the game shifted to a game primarily played under lights....yet the mention of a twilight/night GF sends some Melbourne fans into a meltdown coz they won't be able to have a lunch BBQ!!

That's right , I didn't ever want night football, full stop, meltdown no, total and complete insanity!!! and Sunday nights is bulldust, and so is the AFL, I'm just lucky I grew up following the best football club Australia has ever seen , since I've been alive they have won 13 Premiership cups.

And they've managed to take out the big two, from WA as well. I am very happy , BUT I LIKE SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL!!

What more can I say, I will leave now, hat in hand embarrassed at my ancient ways of loving football, being ready to face the new world and the terror of Gill McGlachlan carrying on the disasters of A. Dimetriou. I actually thought 16 was enough, but no, money was more important.

Still its fun arguing!

A night grand final would look amazing. When they finally do it people will complain for 5-10 years depending on how stubborn they are but when they watch replays of day grand finals of yesteryear they'll begrudging admit a night time grand final is a much better spectacle and their kids will laugh at our day time grand final timeslot.

It's inevitable because it's actually a lot better.

A night grand final would look amazing. When they finally do it people will complain for 5-10 years depending on how stubborn they are but when they watch replays of day grand finals of yesteryear they'll begrudging admit a night time grand final is a much better spectacle and their kids will laugh at our day time grand final timeslot.

It's inevitable because it's actually a lot better.

No its not better. I will complain for not 5 to 10 years but for 5 to 10 hundred years. But just the same my point being that some players of the past including Leigh Mathews did not like playing night footy, now days he will say that he didn't mind.
But I remember things a long time ago and he is a employee of the AFL now.

But Saturday arvo is traditional and it was just footy, and the AFL want it like something overseas , and its not!!! Its our beautiful special magnificent game , that no one else can play, we can't play the Irish at our game we have to have international rules or we would beat the Irish by 50 goals, every time for 20 years.
But its football. WE LOVE IT!!!!!

Because if you are home and want to watch TV then odds are you will watch the AFL even if you only have a passing interest. Fewer casual fans at home at 2:30pm than there would be at 5pm or 7pm. It is why the TV networks do not put the shows they expect to rate well on at 2pm, they put it on between 6pm and 8:30pm.

In the event of GWS v Sydney GF, I would become a casual fan who would use the 'twilight' timeslot to grab a table at a normally hard to get into restaurant.

Most casual fans I know tune in during the day anyway but who knows.

You are completely wrong . In fact I can see a lot of very very big changes happening in the gameS administration especially , because they are at the beginning of the end of the game and how its run by this moronic ruining AFL self centred current mob
I can see in the next few short years some of the expansion predictions a lot of people have talked about, happening.

I think the AFL will be having some deep investigating inside by other bodies of officialdom.

I think , the AFL have gone right off track as far as the regular football fan is concerned.

The lower, forever bottoming out or lower out of the final 8 clubs and fans will create this because lots will stop spending money on something they see no future in and that will see about 8 clubs that will take decades to win flags , THEIR FANS WILL DROP OFF.

While the AFL sees GWS as the poster club for the Greater Western Sydney population , who will never make the numbers needed for AFL footy , while leaving some huge membered clubs, drowning, in the biggest football state in the country, that's how you lose money!

10 clubs games every Saturday and Sunday AFTERNOONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hah give it time?

You're hung up some footy competition from the in the 60s man!

Agreed, see no need for a night GF. The players don't want it, the fans don't want it. Only the TV networks want it. The GF day is fine the way it is.

Kind of contradicting yourself aren't you? The TV networks want what they think will bring in the most viewers. If more viewers tune in at night than during the day then I think that proves fans want it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind of contradicting yourself aren't you? The TV networks want what they think will bring in the most viewers. If more viewers tune in at night than during the day then I think that proves fans want it
No it doesn't. People watch tv at night and have things to do during the day. Those extra audiences are people who don't care abut football. They will watch it if its on during the time they allocate for tv but not if its on at a different time. Those people are not fans.

But will it make the AFL more money? Yes. That being the case, it will happen whether you like it or not.
Every decision they make is designed around that. The AFL don't make a decision that doesn't revolve around lining their own pockets.

Doesn't make it a good idea, it makes it a bad idea, the old days night football was an extra bit of ground income for teams, it was a second rate comp and sometimes they even put the sprinklers on during the game to upset the WA team that came over to MelbouRne once?HA HA HA .

The old night footy was about as serious as the stupid pre season competition, where it try out time!
I don't agree with that completely. Friday night football was and is a good idea - for the fans. Even Saturday night football has a place - for the fans, but twilight Sunday football is ridiculous, and just an obvious example of a money making regime.

I don't agree with that completely. Friday night football was and is a good idea - for the fans. Even Saturday night football has a place - for the fans, but twilight Sunday football is ridiculous, and just an obvious example of a money making regime.

Sunday twilight is a putrid time.

Instigated entirely to seperate the fixtures from each other and thus lift the value of the broadcast rights.

Sunday twilight is a putrid time.

Instigated entirely to seperate the fixtures from each other and thus lift the value of the broadcast rights.
Sunday twilight or Sunday night which would you prefer? Twilight makes it easier for travelling teams to return home that night.

Have a cry about getting home late. Don't go to the game then.

Sunday twilight or Sunday night which would you prefer? Twilight makes it easier for travelling teams to return home that night.

Have a cry about getting home late. Don't go to the game then.

Neither TBH.

Pros : Fireworks are easier seen at night( and everyone loves fireworks)

Players dont get as hot ( last October was the hottest October since 2014)

Channel 7 get more tweets as thats when twitterers wake up after their morning/afternoon nap.

Cons none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back